Home

MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2017, 01:06 PM   #1433
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

The playoffs are set!

American League

Wildcard Game
Blue Jays @ Mariners

ALDS

Wildcard @ Rays
Indians @ Astros

National League

Wildcard Game
Nationals @ Pirates

NLDS

Wildcard @ Dodgers
Cardinals @ Mets

October baseball!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-07-2017, 01:08 PM   #1434
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Michael Wacha won the NL Cy Young award

Magnerrius Sierra won NL Rookie of the Year

Mike Leake won Silver Slugger award for pitchers

Old 08-07-2017, 09:09 PM   #1435
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Pirates defeated the Nationals 3-1 in the NL Wildcard Game

Blue Jays defeated the Mariners 5-2 in the AL Wildcard Game.

ALDS:

Blue Jays @ Rays
Indians @ Astros

NLDS:

Pirates @ Dodgers
Cardinals @ Mets

Mets won Game 1, 2-0 over us. Wacha didn't pitch bad just gave up two solo homers to D'Arnaud and Cespedes. Other than that he was pretty dominant stirking out 6 and allowing 5 hits. DeGrom completely shut us down as he threw 7 1/3 innings of 2 hit ball. In the 8th we had bases loaded with one out but Piscotty grounded into a 5-2-3 double play to end the inning. In the 9th we had Holliday on with one out and Grichuk grounded out into a fielders choice. Molina followed up with a single to put 2 on with 2 outs but Aledmys Diaz flew out to center to end the game.

Next up is Game 2. Mets are throwing Noah Syndergaard. We haven't decided between Leake, Martinez, or Lynn. Could possibly put Wainwright out there as well.

Dodgers lit up the Pirates 13-4 to take a 1-0 series lead. ALDS gets started tomorrow.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2017, 10:25 PM   #1436
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

We have tied the series 1-1 after a 2-1 victory over the Mets in Game 2. Lance Lynn started and was masterful as he threw 6 innings of 1 hit baseball. He was lifted for a pinch hit situation in the 7th where we didn't score. Bottom of the 7th, Lucas Duda took Tyler Lyons deep on a 1-2 changeup that missed and stayed out over the plate to put the Mets up 1-0. But in the 8th, Magnerrius Sierra would take Thor deep to tie the game at 1. Two batters later, Matt Carpenter would hit the eventual game winning homerun off Addison Reed to make it 2-1. A masterful performance out of our bullpen with Farqhuar, Walden, Siegrist, Wainwright, and Rosenthal sealed the deal and allowed us to tie the series.

So far in our series, every run scored has been by the solo homerun.

Next up is Game 3 in Busch with Steven Matz facing Carlos Martinez/Mike Leake.

In other games:

Dodgers to a 2-0 series lead against the Pirates with a 4-0 win.

Blue Jays defeated the AL Defending Champs Rays 5-2 to take a 1-0 lead in that series.

Astros defeated the Indians 5-4 to take a 1-0 lead in that series.

October baseball! Nothing comes close!

Old 08-10-2017, 10:10 PM   #1437
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Cards win Game 3 to take a 2-1 series lead over the Mets in the NLDS. Martinez was sporadic at the start, but settled down in the middle innings on his way to pitching a complete game. He allowed 1 run on 6 hits and struck out 7. Carpenter and Grichuk got things started early with homeruns in the 1st as we opened the game with a 3-0 lead. A sac fly by Carlos Martinez after a Wong triple made it 4-1. We would tack on 2 more before all was said and done.

Next up is Game 4 in Busch with Mike Leake toeing the rubber against Rafael Montero.

In other games:

The Rays evened their series with the Blue Jays 1-1 after beating the Blue Jays 1-0.

The Astros are now one win away from the ALCS after beating the Indians 4-3 in Houston.

The Dodgers look to continue their quest to repeat as World Series Champions in the NLCS after beating the Pirates 4-2 in Pittsburgh to clinch the series. The Dodgers will host either the Cardinals or the Mets.

October baseball!

Old 08-12-2017, 01:12 PM   #1438
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Matt Holliday delivers the walkoff single in the bottom of the 9th to send the Cardinals into the NLCS for a rematch with the Dodgers.

Leake got off to a rocky start as he allowed an early run in the 1st, but settled in afterwards to go 5 strong innings. He would've went more, but was pulled after injuring his forearm. Thankfully he's day to day. We would bounce back in the 3rd to take a 3-1 lead thanks to a 2 run bomb from Carpenter and then a RBI double by Grichuk.

Things got interesting late, as Duda hit a solo homer off Wainwright in the 7th to bring the Mets to within a run. Jordan Walden gave up the game tying homerun to Michael Conforto in the 8th. Siegrist and Rosenthal pitched a perfect 9th and then Adams led off the bottom half with a walk. Sierra bunted him to 2nd. Piscotty grounded out for the 2nd out. Carpenter was walked and then Holliday hit a 1-1 cutter back up the middle scoring Adams.

Next up is a rematch of last year's NLCS as we face the defending World Series Champion Dodgers. Dodgers were the best team in baseball this year with 106 wins. They swept the Pirates in their NLDS series.

Game 1 will be Michael Wacha vs Clayton Kershaw.

In the AL:

Astros defeated the Indians 3-1

Blue Jays took down the AL defending champ Rays 3-2.

Blue Jays @ Astros in the ALCS
Cardinals @ Dodgers in the NLCS

October baseball!

Old 08-14-2017, 07:48 PM   #1439
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

I am late updating, but our season has come to a close for the 2nd straight year in the NLCS to the Dodgers, as they swept us. We were in each of the game, but unlike the Dodgers we couldn't put key hits together or get key outs when we needed them.

The Blue Jays beat the Astros 4-1 in the ALCS.

The Dodgers beat the Blue Jays 4-1 to clinch their 2nd straight World Series Championship.

Next up will be to see what we need to do to get thru the NLCS. So heartbreaking to get here 2 years in a row only to see it end here 2 years in a row, especially to the same team. The Dodgers are good....damn good.

Winter Meetings here we come.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:41 PM   #1440
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

First blow of the offseason, Yadier Molina has retired.

Surprisingly, or not, Matt Holliday did not. The 38 year old will play one more season giving us a decision to make

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »