Home

MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2017, 09:46 AM   #1401
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

2 days before the trade deadline and we are still examining all roster options. Our biggest concern right now is CF with Magnerrius Sierra going down until SEPT/OCT with a broken wrist. We have tried Nick Martini at this spot but his bat leaves a lot to be desired. Right now Jon Jay is holding the spot.

The trade market isn't overly saturated with center fielders nor is free agent market.

We are considering the option of Melky Cabrera who the White Sox just put on the block. His asking price is relatively low and he's in the final year of his contract. While not necessarily a CF he does add depth to our bench as a switch hitter and good defensive player.

If we don't make this deal we will stay in house.

Another trade option that came about was the Indians making Jedd Gyorko available. We trade Gyorko last year for prospects as he was hitting horribly. He's productive this year and adds value to our club but two issues are his asking price and how he fits on active roster. With Tejada and Adams on bench not sure where Gyorko would land. Starting spots already filled. But I'm still kicking this idea around.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2017, 08:35 PM   #1402
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

In mid-August and injuries are completely ravishing my team. Not only have we lost Brett Anderson and Magnerius Sierra until the end of year/late September, we also just lost Matt Carpenter likely until the playoffs due to a torn hamstring. Carpenter was the leading vote getter for the NL MVP. He lead the NL in homers at 36, was top 5 in avg at .315 and top 5 in RBI at 80. Make matters worse, we really don't have an answer at 3B with him out. Trying Patrick Wisdom, a prospect who we thought would be ready next year, but his bat leaves something to be desired. Really needed to keep him in AAA.

Free agent market is slim and since past trade deadline there are no trades available for a MLB everyday 3B.

We currently have 7 game lead on the 2nd place Pirates, but that lead has been cut from 9 to 7 since Carpenter's injury and we lost the first of four against them in our last game. Really need to split this series.

Just trying to hang on and get healthy.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:24 PM   #1403
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

We have now lost 4 straight games and have seen our 9 game lead dwindle down to 5. We will try to avoid being swept by the Pirates in our next game. We have yet to win since Matt Carpenter went on the DL.

His replacement Patrick Wisdom did hit his first career homerun in game 2 of the series. He also came to bat with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th of a one run game and popped out to end the game. He is great in the field.

Even though we just signed him a week or so ago, we have placed Michael Bourn on Trade Waivers. He has played in 3 games, struck out 4 of his 7 AB's and has committed 5 errors!!!! The biggest reason we signed him was to provide help defensively in center field. So we are going to explore the trade market for him, but we may just end of outright releasing him and calling Nick Martini back up. Jon Jay has taken over the everyday CF job as he is hitting decently at the lead off position and has been solid in the field.

Hopefully we right this ship soon or we may looking at a monumental collapse here in the final 6 weeks of the season.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:54 PM   #1404
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

We snapped our 4 game losing streak and avoided being swept by the Pirates after winning game 4 of the series, 2-1 thanks to a walk off homerun by Randal Grichuk. But the very next game against the Reds, we lost 6-3 to start a losing streak anew.

We are just playing extremely poor right now. Can't get hits nor drive guys in. Fielding mistakes and our pitching has been suspect at best. Trying to weather the storm and get to the September call ups which I think will benefit this club. Also in early September we should get Brett Anderson, Magnerius Sierra, and Bryan Pena back which should be a boost to the club. We will know in about 2 weeks just how long Carpenter is going to be on the DL and whether or not we will have him back before season's end.

Sent Michael Bourn through trade waivers but there isn't a market for him, so now we are left with the decision of outright releasing him and paying him the this year and next (he has a club option on the 2nd year of his contract), trying to assign him to AAA, or hanging on to him and then not picking up his option at seasons end. We will most likely just hang on to him to avoid having to pay for that 2nd year and cut him loose at seasons end.

Our lead is back down to 5 games after our loss to the Reds, and the Pirates victory. Next up is game 2 vs the Reds with Carlos Martinez toeing the rubber. Hopefully we can get things turned around.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:33 PM   #1405
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

We currently have no fight in us as were just swept by the Reds and have watched our 9 game lead dwindle down to 4. We can't hit nor get timely hits, and our pitching, which has been strong all year, is on shaky legs. Next up is 3 against the Diamondbacks and 3 against the Dodgers, both on the road. I'm hopeful that somehow we can turn this thing around and get back to how we were playing earlier, but I'm not sure at the moment.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2017, 08:31 AM   #1406
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

After struggling mightly for the past week or so, we turned things around in Arizona, sweeping the Diamondbacks in a 3 game series. We have pushed our lead back up to 6 games on the Pirates. Our success didn't come without issue as Lance Lynn left game 3 with an elbow injury. It doesn't appear to be serious and right now we haven't placed him on the DL, but I need to see how the rotation is in Memphis so we don't screw up and not have a fresh arm to pitch in his spot should he not be able to go.

We will find out how long Carpenter is going to be out in the next day or so as his mandatory 15 day DL stint will be over and we can see just how long we will be without him. Rookie Patrick Wisdom is trying his best to hold down 3rd base duties every day, but his bat really leaves something to be desired. We will have Bryan Pena back within the week which is huge as Eric Fryer just isn't cutting it. We should get Magnerrius Sierra and Brett Anderson back in the next 3 weeks, right around the time for September call ups.

Next up is 3 in LA against the Dodgers who are the defending World Series champions and currently have the best record in baseball. We get to face Kershaw in game 1 of the series.

Last edited by countryboy; 07-11-2017 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:14 PM   #1407
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Started a 30 team franchise and I am going to do something very unique than I have done before.

First off the rosters used are my own rosters (seen in roster section) that use OSFM 1.75 as a base. With pdated SCEA roster attributes and MOST CAPS are imported up to the 6/30 roster update. My personal sliders are being used as well, which are posted in the slider forum as well.

As my favorite, the Indians I will for every game of theirs sim it last separately to see if there is a critical situation to pop up.

Every week I will also play one full series at random. To begin this franchise I will play as the Yankees in the opening series @ Tampa Bay. What I will do is only post three pics of each game of the series and briefly talk about the series.

I just finished game two of the services, no critical situation popped up for game 1 or game 2 for the Indians (we won 5-2, and 8-5).

Will play game three of opening Yankees series (won first two), as I go for the sweep. Then will post box score pics of each game of the series.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 07-11-2017, 07:43 PM   #1408
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Opening series playing as the Yankees on the road against Tampa Bay! Box scores below. Game two, Aaron Judge blast three homeruns to lead a come back victory and win in extra innings.

Catcher Gary Sanchez dislocated his finger early in the game, out for 1-2 months and on 10 day DL currently. After examining the Yankees roster they have no one even half decent to bring up.

So I signed A.J. Pierzynski for one year 3.1mil. Didn't seem too bad or unrealistic at all! This probably means Romine will be sent to AAA when Sanchez returns. Funny thing is Pierzynski hit a 2 run homer in his first ab lol.

Game three the Rays beat us with the extra base hits and two homeruns. I had 10 hits...had bases loaded with 1 out in the 5th or 6th inning and failed to score. Tacked on one run in the 8th but Colome closed me out in the 9th.

[ATTACH]][ATTACH]136833[ATTACH]136834

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170710_200401.jpg (90.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 20170711_180242.jpg (83.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 20170711_193503.jpg (64.5 KB, 45 views)

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »