Home

MLB 17: Little Things Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 17: Little Things Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-12-2017, 09:20 AM   #177
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 17: Little Things Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB

They should probably have their shirts tucked in, but whatever lol.
Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Yea, the Marine that is still in me is crying a little inside because of that. lol.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #178
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

This can sort of classify as a little thing that leads to a big improvement. There are two reasons I don't turn this DP last year:

1) Humanity AI giving me a quicker release than last year

2) The sped up analog throw meter allowing me to actually preload while I'm still moving toward 3B side. The throw comes out in a smooth and fast motion because of it.

Also this, from the same game, hurt my soul (and probably fits the "little things" description better):

I'd never heard it before. Not sure if it's a new line.

Last edited by bcruise; 04-12-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:09 PM   #179
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Carlos Beltran just took a first step back instead of charging in on a ball and the slight hesitation let the ball drop in and a run scored. I've also seen an outfielder make the opposite boneheaded mistake with the result being the ball flying over their head.

Wasn't even sure what the hell happened because it looked like a such a routine out and I had to go into replay to see what exactly went down. Haven't seen this before in recent memory, and its a nice little mental lapse that obviously happens in real games at all levels too.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:43 PM   #180
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Not sure if this is exactly a little thing but remember when pitchers used to get drilled with linedrives every game 2-3 years ago? Me neither. Haven't seen it once this year, not even close
Old 04-12-2017, 10:01 PM   #181
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamm16
Not sure if this is exactly a little thing but remember when pitchers used to get drilled with linedrives every game 2-3 years ago? Me neither. Haven't seen it once this year, not even close
I have seen it twice so far, once in the arm and once in the shin. Neither caused any inspections for injury.

However, when I was doing wind testing I was playing on Beginner with violent winds, maxed sliders and a maxed out player, and I hit a shot to LF where Jarrett Parker got beaned in the head, but finished off the play. Afterward it said he had a broken nose.

Many less balls hit off the pitcher though, as you said.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2017, 09:29 AM   #182
Rookie

NOfatchicks's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
Just found out how they reworked some Minor Leagues stadiums. At Green Valley stadium they enhanced the background and the grass. Curious what other stadiums received upgrades

Show16

Show17

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think they added a concert stage to one of the minor league stadiums in right field. Not sure which one tho
Old 04-13-2017, 12:28 PM   #183
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Something I have noticed quite a bit now, the crowd seems to cheer hits by the road team if there's a diving effort on the play. Vice versa at times at well - I just made a sort of nifty play with my SS (on the road) and the crowd cheered it like it was a hit. It's like that part of the crowd-reactions code is reversed.
I always chalk that up to, you do have the away team fans in the crowd as well.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:36 PM   #184
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
I always chalk that up to, you do have the away team fans in the crowd as well.
I considered that (and would be a cute touch if done well) but this is clearly where the crowd is coded to cheer the dive irrespective of outcome, leading to some awkward moments where they're cheering their heads off despite a hit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »