Home

MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2017, 10:40 AM   #17
Rookie

SoxSoxSox's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread

Going to roll with my Red Sox, but I often start fresh with new teams, usually rebuilds, or an NL team. I can't help it, and it's a habit I'm trying to break.

I like to combine efforts, such as this time, I'll be using my favorite MLB team (Boston), while using my favorite teams on FIFA (Revs, Dortmund, Southampton)

When I finish those three files I'll likely take a Championship side in England and try to lead them to the Premier League. That's where I'd likely take on a rebuild with MLB Show 17.

May random a NL team (not Phillies, Mets, or Dodgers) and run with it. Then the thought that I could just do this at the same time I use the Sox hit me.

I've done it before, I did Red Sox and Cubs in the same file. I went 76-86 with the Cubs, I forget how Boston turned out. This was when Bryant/Rizzo were in AAA, where you knew they'd be called up IRL, you just didn't know when exactly.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #18
Rookie

TotesMaGotes's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxSoxSox
I've done it before, I did Red Sox and Cubs in the same file. I went 76-86 with the Cubs, I forget how Boston turned out. This was when Bryant/Rizzo were in AAA, where you knew they'd be called up IRL, you just didn't know when exactly.
I hate to by that guy but Bryant and Rizzo were never in any tier of the minors at the same time, ever.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:56 PM   #19
Rookie

SoxSoxSox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMaGotes
I hate to by that guy but Bryant and Rizzo were never in any tier of the minors at the same time, ever.

Not a problem. I just knew it was in that "this team will be good in x number of years" but they hadn't reached that point yet. Bryant and Rizzo were just the first two prospect names that came to mind.

Looking up some info now, it would have been 2014, because I remember Mike Olt and Darwin Barney were there also, and Barney was traded that season.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:54 PM   #20
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMan17
I'll definitely wait until the OSFM rosters come out to start my Yankees franchise, and then quick manage spring training and play all 162. Hopefully I can get through year 1 quicker this year, since last year I was pretty much on par with the real season and have only made it halfway through year 2 as of today.

One idea I had was to do a second franchise, also Yankees, and do pretty much all sim, maybe some critical situations now, in order to get through multiple years quickly and get to really focus on turning NYY into WS champs again. That way I can take my time playing all 162 in my first franchise.

I pretty much have a good idea of my 25 man, I'm 99% set on Judge in RF everyday. However, I will be doing the same battle for the last 2 rotation spots between Mitchell, Severino, Cessa, and Green. Here's what I have set so far:

Gardner LF
Ellsbury CF
Sanchez C
Holliday DH
Bird 1B
Gregorius SS
Castro 2B
Headley 3B
Judge RF

Bench:
Romine C
Hicks OF
Carter 1B, LF, RF
Torreyes UT

Rotation:
Tanaka
Sabathia
Pineda

Bullpen:
Chapman CP
Betances 8th (SU)
Clippard 7th (SU)
Warren MRP
Shreve MRP
LRP-runner up of rotation battle

Note: I will manually put Tyler Austin on the DL to start the season
Pretty much my roster to a T I am going with Judge in rf everyday unless he just stinks up the joint. I'm talking a sub .200 average. I'm going to keep Austin in the minors until around the trade deadline, when I will trade Carter and call him up for good. Austin could be called up earlier depending on various injuries. Also I'm going to throw Warren into the mix for a rotation shot.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-20-2017, 07:55 PM   #21
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Going for a new save with the Rays once the OSFM rosters come out, then going to get the old gang back together, the best I can. Going to have to edit some contracts to replicate other teams paying parts of salary.

Looking to end up with a roster something like

CF- Kiermaier
LF- BJ Upton
3B- Longoria
DH- Dickerson
RF- Souza Jr
2B- Miller
1B- Jaso
SS- Duffy
C- Navarro

SP- Archer
SP- Shields
SP- Kazmir
SP- Garza
SP- Snell

CL- Rodney
RP- Colome
RP- Howell
RP- Boxberger
RP- C. Ramos

Kazmir is probably the biggest obstacle, not convinced the Dodgers would pay that down enough to make it affordable for the Rays (unlike the WSox and Brewers with Shields and Garza). Might have to sign Edwin Jackson or keep Cobb for the year instead. There are a few other guys I might look at as well, maybe James Loney instead of Jaso if I want to save some cash.

Either way, I'm going to have fun with it, see whether I can get any of the other names back in the future when their giant contracts expire. (Hellickson, Zobrist, Davis etc)

Really looking forward to it, not a great looking team but it's rebuilding with some fun to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2017, 08:08 PM   #22
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

I'll start a new one with the Yanks once OSFM 2.0 drops .. Going to lay the hammer out on some DD in the meantime . But I was thinking of starting a classic franchise this week with 16 and carrying it over to 17 as something to play , gotta take advantage of the carry over save feature .

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 03-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #23
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Critical situations is a game changer for me, because I like doing the gm/team-building stuff (despite being a baseball novice). This will allow to play through games quickly and see my team in action. Not sure what team to go with as I'm not a baseball fan, but I'm going to pick a team that needs to be rebuild. Otherwise, I've had my eye on the Rays, Braves, Padres, and Rockies.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 03-20-2017, 11:27 PM   #24
Pro

I have 2 save files sitting ready for MLBTS17. One is my Giants (obvious contend) and the other is the Angels. They are horrible so I am going to figure out what in the world to do with that roster while trying to get Albert the all-time HR crown

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »