Home

MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2017, 06:39 PM   #65
Rookie

SHolden's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Franchise Discussion Thread

I am so hype to get started. Here is a link to the first episode of my franchise on YouTube:
Episode 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 06:44 PM   #66
Pro

Mikeyo918's Arena

I know it was mentioned last year, but while setting up my franchise, how do I get the players faces instead of the actual player photo on the scoreboard. Face scans are so good this year!
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
InterMiami
MLBTS ‘23 (PS5)

https://www.twitch.tv/coastiemike918
Old 03-29-2017, 03:20 AM   #67
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonholmes
Will also be doing a Jays franchise. Plan to sign Pagan to platoon with Upton, keeping Pearce at 1B. Will probably just DFA Smoak, look outside the organization to upgrade that outfield spot unless Pompey or Alford earn a call-up.

C Martin/Salty

1B Pearce/Morales (when using Bau/JD as DH for "rest)

2B Travis

SS Tulo

3B JD the MVP

LF Pagan/Upton

CF Pillar

RF Bautista

Most interested in a buy-low option like Puig and someone dominant for the 'pen, should we be contending. Look what Miller did for the Tribe last year.

I was considering Pagan but it appears he will sign in the next couple days. If not the Blue Jays I'll have to look for another option for LF or sign a better 1B. Puig looks like a good option for sure. Good luck in your franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2017, 10:57 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 3

Man i'm hooked asf on this game! Quick Manage mode in franchise is a thing of beauty. I'm currently 28-14 with the Mets. I'll quick manage games vs the garbage teams and play MLB network games with one of my aces vs a contending team or if i'm playing in a super nice stadium. I love the flexibity how I can jump in if I want to save the game. It' beautiful. I'll probably sim to where I'm at now once the OSFM rosters come out (depending if I like the results). However, I'm super excited that I'll be able to play ASW, the Post Season, and rebuild my team through the off season.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:01 AM   #69
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

I've run three all-sim franchise tests with my Yankees with trades and injuries off in order to see how the ratings play out over a full season... currently on my fourth, here's what I've seen so far:

Yankees have finished with 94, 96, and 90 losses in all three with current roster and ratings playing a full season. Yikes!! However, when I go through each individual players statistics, I ask myself "Could I see this happening?" and most of the time, the answer is yes, which scares me for the real Yankees this year haha!

Only a few outliers that may have been flukes: Matt Holliday hitting .220 with 13 HR, I don't think he will underperform that much so if this continues in more tests I might give him a slight rating boost. And he declines TREMENDOUSLY throughout the year, losing 21 contact vs RHP points and 14 power points vs LHP and RHP. Also Tanaka with a nearly 5 ERA but that was only in one test so likely a fluke.

Quick summary of players and how they've fared:

Gardner and Ellsbury are basically the same player, and have had averages from the .240s to over .300 which is all possible so they look fine.

Sanchez is consistently .250 - .270 with 23-28 HR which I think is realistic for this year

Holliday has done terrible but in most recent test hit over .320, however HR numbers are still in low teens so unless this happens in real life I might bump him a few power points

Greg Bird is almost identical to Sanchez hitting wise, about .250 with low-mid 20's HR's

Castro and Didi are also similar offensively, usually with sub .250 averages and 15-20 HR.. I think they might hit for higher averages but I'll wait until the season starts to see if I need to adjust

Chase Headley is consistently realistic with a BA in the .250s or slightly higher and 13-17 HR.. ratings look perfect for him

Judge is also consistent with BA sub .240 and less than 15 HR.. which is on par with 2016 but he looks much improved this spring so we will see how his season starts out.

All of the main SPs look to have realistic stats and ratings, I had Mitchell as the fifth and his ERA is always above 6. Bullpen guys are always decent and realistic but Chasen Shreve is always about a 5 ERA.

Bench: Carter is absolutely horrific every single time. BA below .190 and very high AB/HR, above 45. Romine is also always below .200 and Torreyes and Hicks are always .200-.240 range.

I shouldn't be changing too much and hopefully when I'm playing every inning of every game I will be able to keep them as at least a .500 team. Also, if any players drastically under or over perform in real life once the season gets going (ex. Judge or Bird on pace for 40 HR, Sanchez hitting .220 or something) I'll give their ratings a slight adjustment in my franchise.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:09 AM   #70
Pro

polyduster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteRedthnDead
In franchise mode, can you view past champions and league history information as you progress through seasons? Was not an option in MLB16. I had to keep a separate word file to track such things.
From the awards screen, it still shows World Series MVPS but not the actual team that won.

The only way I've been able to see how each team has finished each season, is by using 30 team control and opening the GM goals page. You can press R2 or L2 to cycle through all of the teams.

When you control only team, you can only see your teams yearly record. I wish there was a way to see all of the information without having to do 30 team control.

If anyone knows of another way to see the previous years champions or records, please let me know.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2017, 11:28 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyo918
I know it was mentioned last year, but while setting up my franchise, how do I get the players faces instead of the actual player photo on the scoreboard. Face scans are so good this year!
start with fantasy draft in options, then exit the draft and it'll load up the roster without portraits
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2017, 11:41 AM   #72
Rookie

herdfan50's Arena

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I was wondering if anyone keeps up with their franchises through a spreadsheet or anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »