Home

Official 2017 uniform errors and omissions thread

This is a discussion on Official 2017 uniform errors and omissions thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2017, 12:13 AM   #81
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official 2017 uniform errors and omissions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
the honest answer would be that it is not a game breaking bug, so therefore it's put on the back burner and not important over other things.

Which seems unacceptable to me and I'm not even a Tigers fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 12:15 AM   #82
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224

oh I agree, it's just the way it is though. It isn't the first time we have seen a error like this and won't be the last, there was a year there that the Indians had the wrong helmets.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:16 AM   #83
Rookie

ywnincorporated's Arena

Very sad to see this big of a problem make it into release. I've stayed away from Chase Field in 2015 because they spelled "Champions" wrong in the stadium and Busch Stadium last year because they got the distance wrong on the center field wall, so the little things bug me. As a Tigers fan, I will have to play all my road games with the throwback road unis to avoid seeing this screwup. Not game breaking by any means, but just a frustrating thing to have to deal with.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:20 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 1

Where did the Cardinals Sunday home hats go? They were in the game last year, and have been used for Sunday home games since 1998. Same for the alternate blue road hat that was their primary road hat from 1992 - 2011. Both are gone from the game. I thought this was supposed to be a BETTER year for uniforms. Why remove two hats that have been around for years and were in the game last year? This makes no sense.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:21 AM   #85
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

The adidas batting gloves are messed up in game. They gave them some weird triangle pattern.

As for uni errors. Mainly numbers in front and retros still have buttons all the way down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 12:23 AM   #86
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbss
Where did the Cardinals Sunday home hats go? They were in the game last year, and have been used for Sunday home games since 1998. Same for the alternate blue road hat that was their primary road hat from 1992 - 2011. Both are gone from the game. I thought this was supposed to be a BETTER year for uniforms. Why remove two hats that have been around for years and were in the game last year? This makes no sense.

Well. That means that they are apparently not in the style guide anymore. Because this years game is supposed to have had all the style guide uniforms in.

Old 03-28-2017, 12:33 AM   #87
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224

First off, what I'm about to say is NOT directed as a personal attack toward anyone one individual, entity or company as a whole. Unless I missing something, there is a whole lot of hypocrisy here. Each year, the community on this board points out uniform errors and omissions with a response being the "style guide." Fine, I can accept that and if it's gospel and prevents any change, so be. In this case, the Tigers omission appears nothing short of a direct violation of the "style guide" and contradicts what we've always been told. As I stated previously, it's not like it cannot be done, uniforms have been corrected via a patch previously and if it can be done at a later date, great. Apparently, that's not even an option as it's on the record that it will not be addressed until 2018.

Head scratching.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:40 AM   #88
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Ok. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the Pirates black unis look a lot better in-game than on the selection screen. See what you guys think.
#WeAreND

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »