Home

MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2017, 09:44 PM   #2065
Rookie

sc050610's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshirestags
Seriously, don't worry about bumping if you've given it a couple of pages. There is no rhyme/reason to how I (and assume others) pick up posts and there is always more people asking questions than answering them. Other than trying to stay out of deals when there is already a line of communication open with somebody else, it's open season.

I'm sure you know there is an entire subject thread dedicated to sliders but as I've said before, if we're slow around here, there's enough experience to answer the one-off question (unless the mods step in and say stop...then we stop!). I typically use Armor and Sword and have for years (he pops in/out of this thread). This year I'm having BB issues (could just be me...but all of a sudden?) so I've experimented and tinkered with very minor adjustments. When the 2 yr old is napping, hop in there and read up. It's some good info and you may find something that fits your need.

I use the same set. Walks except for Gausman weren't much of an issue for me. I've had the exact opposite issue I guess you could call it as I felt I was just striking way too many guys out the Oriole rotation. Starter would last 5-6 innings and have 10-12 strikeouts. I'll check back over there to see if anything else has been changed since I last checked over there a week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 12:28 AM   #2066
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm in late June as the Cubs and will be looking to acquire a lefty reliever before the deadline. What might it take to get the one of the following? I prefer not to part with Happ or Jiminez.

Here's a couple pitcher's I have my eye on:

Sean Doolittle (Athletics are last in the AL West)

3.28 ERA, 1.18 WHIP, 0.5 WAR,

Jake McGee (Rockies pretty much out of contention)

4.58 ERA, 1.47 WHIP, 0.1 WAR

I'd be interested in any other lefty options as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 05-12-2017, 09:55 AM   #2067
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden57
Have we come to a conclusion on Joey Votto's value? I apologize if I missed it but I searched the thread and couldn't find an agreed upon answer.

I just made it to the 2017 World Series (haven't played game 1 yet) with the Jays, so obviously this move would take place in the off season. I know Votto has maybe said he prefers to say with the Reds but if he was ever going to waive I think the Jays coming off a World Series would be believable.

Not sure there is a prospect I would be against moving for him, as despite his massive contract I could use a LH bat to pair with Donaldson. Only prospect I don't have is SRF as I traded him already. Thanks in advance.
I'm also curious about this. I've looked back and can't find the answer (apart from that there's a near zero chance that he ever gets moved). I'm in a similar situation (Though I still have SRF). I've got budget room with Joey Bats/Estrada/Liriano coming off the books (Though I enjoy the challenge of pitching with Estrada, so I might keep him). Hate to be a bumper and if the question has been answered I apologize profusely, but I'm definitely curious about it!
Old 05-12-2017, 10:47 AM   #2068
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

In my Pirates franchise I'm 0.5 games ahead in the wild card race but I don't have a lot of power on my team. I have Hansen as my everyday 2B but he is only hitting .250 and Harrison is hurt but coming back in a few days he is only batting .238 with 2 HR. It is July 1st and Kang and McCutchen lead the team with only 12 HR. What would it take to get Frazier from the White Sox who are in last place? He is hitting over .300 and has 18 HR. And Davidson is raking in the MiLB for them. Would I have to give up Meadows or Glasnow? I've been wanting to save them for a Quintana trade later on if need be.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:51 AM   #2069
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
I'm also curious about this. I've looked back and can't find the answer (apart from that there's a near zero chance that he ever gets moved). I'm in a similar situation (Though I still have SRF). I've got budget room with Joey Bats/Estrada/Liriano coming off the books (Though I enjoy the challenge of pitching with Estrada, so I might keep him). Hate to be a bumper and if the question has been answered I apologize profusely, but I'm definitely curious about it!
If we assume Votto is a 5 WAR player going forward, and he's been at least that 6 out of the last 7 years and the one he didn't he was hurt and only played 60 games it helps figure value.

That would be 7 years and 5 WAR average. So

35(WAR) x $10(Using that figure because I am lazy. There would be inflation) = $350 value. - $170 million remaining gives us a surplus value of $180 million dollars, which is a huge number. His contract will probably make a team hesitant to do that. But the Jays will have to part with SRF, Vlad Jr & Alford to make something happen there
Old 05-12-2017, 11:12 AM   #2070
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecocksLaw17
If we assume Votto is a 5 WAR player going forward, and he's been at least that 6 out of the last 7 years and the one he didn't he was hurt and only played 60 games it helps figure value.

That would be 7 years and 5 WAR average. So

35(WAR) x $10(Using that figure because I am lazy. There would be inflation) = $350 value. - $170 million remaining gives us a surplus value of $180 million dollars, which is a huge number. His contract will probably make a team hesitant to do that. But the Jays will have to part with SRF, Vlad Jr & Alford to make something happen there
Yeeeeeehaw. That's just about the entire farm which is pretty much what I figured. Thanks!
Old 05-12-2017, 11:27 AM   #2071
Rookie

Hardworker33's Arena

I know Markakis is worth an old pair of socks but does Wainwright is worth an old pair of gloves?

Just asking since my hands are freezing..

If so, I might swing the deal in the offseason, put Wainwright as #5 starter to give another year to my prospects.

Right now I roll with the best pitching staff (stat wise) in the Majors (hard to believe haha) with

Teheran
Foltynewicz
Garcia
Blair
Wisler

I've signed Shintaro Fujinami when I started my Franchise and I don't plan on resigning Garcia in my 1st offseason. I'd like to keep Fujinami for another year in AAA (at least 1/2 season) so could use Wainwright as my #5.

Big contract for big contract
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 11:33 AM   #2072
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardworker33
I know Markakis is worth an old pair of socks but does Wainwright is worth an old pair of gloves?

Just asking since my hands are freezing..

If so, I might swing the deal in the offseason, put Wainwright as #5 starter to give another year to my prospects.

Right now I roll with the best pitching staff (stat wise) in the Majors (hard to believe haha) with

Teheran
Foltynewicz
Garcia
Blair
Wisler

I've signed Shintaro Fujinami when I started my Franchise and I don't plan on resigning Garcia in my 1st offseason. I'd like to keep Fujinami for another year in AAA (at least 1/2 season) so could use Wainwright as my #5.

Big contract for big contract
Wainwright is a good bit more valuable than Markakis. He was worth almost 3x as many WAR last season

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »