Home

MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2017, 12:15 AM   #2865
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread

Does Quintana get Tucker and Martes from Houston?

Is the package for Hosmer with those numbers better from Texas than Houston? If so, whats that package look like. Fyi, Gallo was dealt in a 3 team trade. (JBJ to Texas, Gallo/Swihart to Atlanta, Newcomb/Kela/Mendez to Boston among other prospects)

Is a Archer to Cubs deal for Schwarber. Cease, Martinez fair?

And whats a Sonny Gray to Colorado look like? 7-5, 3.37 era, 1.1 WHIP
Or is a Gray to Toronto for SRF and Greene more realistic?

Last edited by kenp86; 06-22-2017 at 01:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 01:28 AM   #2866
Pro

OVR: 3
MLB 17 Trade Discussion Thread

I think a deal for Quintana to Houston would probably require both Martes and Tucker, but I have a hard time seeing Houston pulling the trigger on that unless he is having a really good season.

That's my opinion, though.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 06-22-2017, 01:22 PM   #2867
Rookie

sc050610's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86
Does Quintana get Tucker and Martes from Houston?
I don't remember which side reportedly said no but Tucker and Martes were the headliners for a deal for him that was reported back in the winter. I also saw Paulino, Musgrave and possibly another prospect rumored to be in the deal as well. A guy like AJ Reed or Colin Moran being the other.

How is he pitching in your franchise? If he is pitching similar to real life then maybe his price comes down a bit but in reality I wouldn't see the White Sox settling for a lower package.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:33 PM   #2868
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc050610
I don't remember which side reportedly said no but Tucker and Martes were the headliners for a deal for him that was reported back in the winter. I also saw Paulino, Musgrave and possibly another prospect rumored to be in the deal as well. A guy like AJ Reed or Colin Moran being the other.

How is he pitching in your franchise? If he is pitching similar to real life then maybe his price comes down a bit but in reality I wouldn't see the White Sox settling for a lower package.
Quintana 7-5, 3.3 era, 1.1 WHIP, 2.9 war... Can he get Tucker and Martes? Or less or more?

And Gray is 7-6, 3.13 era, 1.3 whip and 2.1 war... whats the packages look like in return for Gray from Colorado or Toronto

And finally, is an Archer to ChC for Schwarber, Cease and Martinez fair or should i add more
Old 06-22-2017, 03:05 PM   #2869
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Quintana 7-5, 3.3 era, 1.1 WHIP, 2.9 war... Can he get Tucker and Martes? Or less or more?
I would say with those kinds of stats, and assuming they need him, the Astros would probably be willing to give up both.

The rumor before the season was Martes+Tucker+Musgrove. It was too much and the Astros backed away. But I could potentially see them sending Martes, Tucker, and one of either Derek Fisher or Colin moran.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:47 PM   #2870
Rookie

sc050610's Arena

Quote:

And Gray is 7-6, 3.13 era, 1.3 whip and 2.1 war... whats the packages look like in return for Gray from Colorado or Toronto

And finally, is an Archer to ChC for Schwarber, Cease and Martinez fair or should i add more
For Archer, assuming Schwarber just didn't get demoted to AAA in your franchise you would probably still need to add one of Happ/Jimenez and De La Cruz/Cease to that deal to get the Rays to part with him.

From doing a search through the thread Gray would cost a little less than Archer because Archer has two more years of control, so Colorado would probably need to build a package around Tapia and Marquez or Freeland. I am not the best with assessing values however.

Not sure the Jays have the depth to get a controllable starter like Archer or Gray especially if they want to keep Vald Jr and Gourriel. Probably want to target a second tier guy similar to Jake Ordorizzi for the Jays.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:57 PM   #2871
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc050610
For Archer, assuming Schwarber just didn't get demoted to AAA in your franchise you would probably still need to add one of Happ/Jimenez and De La Cruz/Cease to that deal to get the Rays to part with him.

From doing a search through the thread Gray would cost a little less than Archer because Archer has two more years of control, so Colorado would probably need to build a package around Tapia and Marquez or Freeland. I am not the best with assessing values however.

Not sure the Jays have the depth to get a controllable starter like Archer or Gray especially if they want to keep Vald Jr and Gourriel. Probably want to target a second tier guy similar to Jake Ordorizzi for the Jays.
Gray to Toronto for Alford, Greene, SRF

Justin Wilson to Colorado for Tapia

Ordorizzi to Colorado for Freeland, McMahon, Pint

These sound fair?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 04:09 PM   #2872
Banned

Quote:

In my opinion these guys are extremely valuable because they all have years of control left. Archer is most valuable, followed by Quintana, then Gray.

How are Archer and the Rays performing in your franchise? Schwarber and the Cubs? Your trade is realistic but only fair if Schwarber is hitting. IRL he's pretty much a lottery pick right now.

Houston would need to add a third guy to get Quintana, probably another B prospect.

Gray... the A's are gonna want Vlad Jr from Toronto. Maybe Bichette as well. Would like to See what others have to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »