Home

MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2017, 02:05 PM   #33
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
I'm not playing online, but I do feel for the people that do. I can relate, 2k has never fixed most of their glaring issues for online. I Just come to expect it. IT's too bad, I won't expect all the problems to go away, they just release these games unfinished, or it's simply too many people playing at once.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:41 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More

Its been good for me today, one conquest game and two ranked seasons games both processed immediately (no queue).

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2017, 01:28 AM   #35
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More

I'm done with online till its fixed. Another game freeze up & another into the "Bsrmuda Triangle" of queues. Good thing im really enjoying RTTS or else i would've traded this game in already.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2017, 10:30 AM   #36

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Message from San Diego Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335TDC
Look, I'm a teacher, and I've taken a pay freeze before when times were tough even though my performance/numbers were stellar. In the same vein, now that the studio is flush with cash it's on THEM to invest in the infrastructure to fix the problem NOW for NEXT YEAR. They are hardline marketing an ONLINE mode that MAKES THEM MONEY while using substandard infrastructure and SCREWING WITH PEOPLE'S TIME.

Sorry for the caps.

But the argument that, yeah, this happens every year, don't get bent out of shape, just wait it out, etc., lets them off the hook. I don't even play DD, but it's the principle that's involved. I wouldn't be so upset if they had actually made substantial improvements to F and RTTS, but they haven't: they're putting all their eggs into their moneymaker mode AND IT'S BROKEN.

In other industries, there are very real consequences for crap like this.
How flush with cash are they exactly at the moment? I guess I missed the numbers.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:53 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335TDC

In other industries, there are very real consequences for crap like this.
Sony isnt immune, they are as vulnerable as any other industry. we may not be immediately privvy to finding out those consequences but I have no doubt the free market will have a direct impact from this years failures to next years bottom line. the bad thing is it will then impact the rest of us consumers who havent had the problems a lot of people have had this year

A Work in Progress
Old 04-17-2017, 11:08 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 4
i hope they are looking at the wild pitches equal stolen base pretty much every time....the catcher's reaction time is excruciating
Old 04-17-2017, 12:54 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
How flush with cash are they exactly at the moment? I guess I missed the numbers.
Nice snarky comment. They're as flush with cash as they will be all year, post-launch with the market running. You don't need hard numbers to know that.

My larger point was that any business with a legacy problem this big needs to make fixing that problem an immediate priority for next cycle. I'm not saying they're NOT doing this right now -- who knows? -- but what the past has taught us is that it's at least probable they won't -- they'll just band-aid it. I do think and hope, however, that this absolute FUBAR launch might force their hand, which it just might IF they think it will impact their bottom line going forward.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:07 PM   #40
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

I believe the patch caused me to have frame rate drops ala MLB 16. Every thing was running at a smooth 50-60 fps before the patch, cut scenes included. Now, I'm getting constant drops.

I'm not blaming the patch, but I haven't seen fps drops in any other games. So that rules out any "issues" with my PS4 (memory clogged, dusty, etc.).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »