Home

Just thought of GREAT IDEA - Be the Fan!

This is a discussion on Just thought of GREAT IDEA - Be the Fan! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2017, 10:01 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Just thought of GREAT IDEA - Be the Fan!

Let's get this on SCEA's radar. For a couple years, I've been saying that it would be so awesome if the game allowed us to slow everything down to take in the sights and sounds of the ballpark. As it is, when you're at bat, if you push down the left joystick, you go into the batter's eyes and see what he's looking at. This is great and all, but it is severely restricted. You can only turn to look just past the 3d base line and the 1st base line. I've been saying for a couple years now that I wished they would expand it so you can literally look anywhere in the stadium and more importantly UP at the sky and see the beautiful sunset, etc. It would really add to the atmosphere and allow you to soak in the sights.

My new idea I thought of last night is an expansion on this. How cool would it be if every stadium had a number of select spots where you could fly into a fan's eyes. It wouldn't necessarily have to be every section in the ballpark, but maybe at least one behind 3d base, one behind 1st base, one behind catcher, and one in the outfield (and one on top of the Monstah at Fenway!). And you could push a button in the middle of an at-bat, say, if you need a mental breather, and suddenly you fly into a fan's eyes and see the view from his/her seat. Everything would quiet down. You'd hear people chattering, people cheering, jeering, see concession people walking up and down the aisles yelling "popcorn!" etc., and more importantly, you'd get their view of the stadium. Then you push a button and you're back as the batter (or pitcher).

Many games (not that I play anything other than The Show anymore) understand that the beautiful animations and vistas really add to the experience. For example, GTA V. The gameplay was amazing, but what really made the game stand out was the gorgeous scenery and vistas. I would love to just stop and view the sunset or city lights from atop a hill or whatnot. Same with Red Dead Redemption. I feel that The Show definitely understands this, which is why they spend so much time getting the animations, seasons, sunsets, etc., all perfect. So why not expand this idea a bit and really give us the opportunity to enjoy it? It would really freshen up the game, especially for someone like me who solely plays Franchise. And to be able to BE the fan from any part of the ballpark? What better way to truly experience the feeling of being at a ballpark!

I personally really love this idea and think it would truly enhance the experience. If you agree, comment here, so we can get it on Russell & team's radar. I'm no computer engineer, but it doesn't sound like the biggest difficulty to do. They already have cameras everywhere - this would just be giving us the ability to view them in the middle of a game, and maybe add in a handful of additional animations.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Chai2112; 06-15-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 10:15 AM   #2
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Just thought of GREAT IDEA - Be the Fan!

Ugh, you totally stole my concept!

However, I was thinking more along the lines, of living the magical experience of baseball, through the eyes of hot dog vendor.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Joke thread?
Old 06-15-2017, 10:41 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Left Shark
Joke thread?
Why is this a joke? I think it would enhance the game and freshen it up a bit.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:46 AM   #5
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai2112
Why is this a joke? I think it would enhance the game and freshen it up a bit.
How many patches would it take to fix this on release?

Seriously, I hope they don't add a dang thing until they fix the inherent gameplay problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 11:50 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
How many patches would it take to fix this on release?

Seriously, I hope they don't add a dang thing until they fix the inherent gameplay problems.
Since the patches, I haven't had any gameplay issues and my games play just fine. And this isn't a suggestion for patches this year. This is a suggestion for future years.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #7
Banned

a bit outside's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
Ugh, you totally stole my concept!

However, I was thinking more along the lines, of living the magical experience of baseball, through the eyes of hot dog vendor.
Cmon Scrapps.......you have got to set your sights higher than a hotdog vendor. How about the Beer guy?
Old 06-15-2017, 03:08 PM   #8
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

This has been mentioned in this forum before, but yeah, a "choose your seat" or "choose your section" type of experience would phenomenal for not just for The Show, but most sports games across the board.

I have no idea what this would entail from a development perspective. Keeping in mind that you'd have to create this experience for every ballpark in the game and seeing the limited number of camera angles currently available, I'm guessing it would take more work than I imagine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »