Home

MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2017, 09:24 AM   #49

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
Nothing changed with hitting. I think you guys are overreacting. Look at the patch notes. Common sense tells you the game is not going to make any drastic changes this late in production. Small patches to fix crash issues is about it. I know the dev team is aware of the major issues, bottom line is they can't fix it this year without breaking something else. 10 Patches in you are not going to miraculously see a patch that fixes wild pitches. It has been a good season for MLB The Show. I am sure 18 will be better. But to get back to what I was saying patch 10 didn't break hitting. I had a 7-2 game yesterday. Every time a patch drops it doesn't cure everything or break everything. Look at the patch notes. Nothing on gameplay fixes except crash issues were touched.
Well the thing that leaves it open to guesswork is when they say things like "various other fixes" or other similar statements while not pointing out exactly what those are. They've done that in at least the last few patches released if I recall correctly and it's never really clarified as to what falls under the "other fixes".

Now as for hitting, my one game must have been a one off fluke as I played another game last night and beat Oakland 8-1 while hitting 3 HR's and collecting 16 hits. Like I said before my post was more to see if it was patch related and others had seen the issue or if it was just a fluke game that happened to coincide with the new patch and thankfully it appears to be more of the fluke variety then patch related.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 8

I played a game last night after downloading this patch, and the game felt very weird.

Having said that, the pitch speed looked faster than what it was before.

Having said that too, LOL, i finished my game and went to save franchise and the slider box was checked off as if saying something was adjusted and I need to save.

I mentioned this "issue" in a slider thread thread and I just don't understand it.

After i saved franchise, I decided to load the sliders that I have been using and played the two next games with no issues. And when i say issues i mean the gameplay and animations felt normal and organic.

So I have figured out that when I load up my franchise, I need to make sure I load up the slider set that I have been using.

Unless I am doing something wrong, I have not had to do this in the past.

Am I alone on this??
Old 07-20-2017, 10:35 AM   #51
Rookie

gp005's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyc718
I played a game last night after downloading this patch, and the game felt very weird.

Having said that, the pitch speed looked faster than what it was before.

Having said that too, LOL, i finished my game and went to save franchise and the slider box was checked off as if saying something was adjusted and I need to save.

I mentioned this "issue" in a slider thread thread and I just don't understand it.

After i saved franchise, I decided to load the sliders that I have been using and played the two next games with no issues. And when i say issues i mean the gameplay and animations felt normal and organic.

So I have figured out that when I load up my franchise, I need to make sure I load up the slider set that I have been using.

Unless I am doing something wrong, I have not had to do this in the past.

Am I alone on this??
i noticed this aswell.. .every patch i redo my slider set... this, atleast to me brings back the "normal" or "organic" feel
for whatever reason it eliminates most wonky animations
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 11:08 AM   #52
All Star

OVR: 20

People post after every patch that the game is ruined because they're ignoring that baseball is random. One game will be low scoring, the next will be high scoring. Nobody should comment about a patch ruining the game until they've played at least 5 games.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:40 AM   #53

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
People post after every patch that the game is ruined because they're ignoring that baseball is random. One game will be low scoring, the next will be high scoring. Nobody should comment about a patch ruining the game until they've played at least 5 games.
I didn't notice anyone saying the game was ruined unless I looked right over it, which is completely possible. I think it's natural to ask questions seeing as the patch notes aren't exactly thorough.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:30 PM   #54
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0

RTTS baserunning still broken since release. Need to be holding back the whole time or you will be picked off easily every time. Do the devs even test this mode?

Last edited by Stolm; 07-20-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:53 PM   #55
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
RTTS baserunning still broken since release. Need to be holding back the whole time or you will be picked off easily every time. Do the devs even test this mode?
Played into my 4th year so far and never had this problem.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 02:54 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I didn't notice anyone saying the game was ruined unless I looked right over it, which is completely possible. I think it's natural to ask questions seeing as the patch notes aren't exactly thorough.
It's also natural to ask questions when they have literally changed hitting in previous patches without a note for it. It's not paranoia, it's legitimate concern.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »