Home

MLB 19: Anybody else feel this is the make/break year?

This is a discussion on MLB 19: Anybody else feel this is the make/break year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-27-2018, 06:31 PM   #121
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB 19: Anybody else feel this is the make/break year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
The more and more I keep playing 18 the easier it is for me to wait and see. I just don't have the burning need nor desire to run out and grab 19.

I don't grind DD so that is not a factor at all. I am simply jamming my franchises and classic rosters and loving it.

I truly hope SDS changes my mind over the next few months by reveling some serious love for Franchise mode and presentation upgrades that will simply blow my mind. If not.....18 will be my game for a while and then after all the game play patches and what not...we can grab 19 to transfer over the franchise files.

This is the first time since I started playing The Show I have felt this way....it is a double edged sword as that is how awesome 18 is for me.....but also the cold reality that I don't expect any changes that are significant to Franchise mode to make me run out and buy 19 right away. I am also not the kind of guy that must have the most recent roster....because that is simply not important to me. Especially with carry over saves and my universe evolving every season.

If you are a heavy DD/online player....yeah getting the new game makes a lot of sense.

Anyway looking forward to the information coming out and the usual stream cycle for revealing new features and improvements.

Back to playing 18 though....it has been console baseball heaven for me.

It also helps that we can download updated rosters to 18. Sure, we don't have updated schedules but that's not that big of a deal, at least to me.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2018, 07:46 PM   #122
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

OVR: 0

If it is then Sony is in deep trouble. The "certain letter of the alphabet" I can't comment on is a carbon copy of MLB18. It showed nothing new. Pictures. Sure. Innovation. Umm. Nope. I think I didn't break anything there. LoL. Boring year so far. I hope they listen to the feedback. Because so far so bad... LoL

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-28-2018, 08:13 AM   #123
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Not only is comparing an alpha build of MLB '19 to that of a completed game, that has been patched, of MLB '18 unfair and misguided, it is also extremely misleading to a community that may contain members or visitors who did not get a chance to participate in the closed alpha.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-28-2018, 04:19 PM   #124
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Not only is comparing an alpha build of MLB '19 to that of a completed game, that has been patched, of MLB '18 unfair and misguided, it is also extremely misleading to a community that may contain members or visitors who did not get a chance to participate in the closed alpha.
exactly. and for me personally, I dont really care one whit if the alpha for 19 IS the same as 18's Show. there is actually a lot that can be accomplished in those last 3 months anyways. Its pointless to think the alpha is going to be the finished good. I mean, the reason there even is an alpha is for SDS to know what needs else needs done in this last 3 months

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 12-29-2018 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:11 PM   #125
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejf0255
If it is then Sony is in deep trouble. The "certain letter of the alphabet" I can't comment on is a carbon copy of MLB18. It showed nothing new. Pictures. Sure. Innovation. Umm. Nope. I think I didn't break anything there. LoL. Boring year so far. I hope they listen to the feedback. Because so far so bad... LoL

I wouldn't be shocked if what you say is true, but: (1) the game isn't finished yet so there could still be some [minor] additions made in the next couple of months; and (2) they might be withholding some code so that features don't leak out during the testing (if I were SDS, I 100% would not trust the alpha participants to keep things confidential like they are supposed to). I know absolutely nothing about software development/coding, but perhaps some of the new additions (if any exist) might not be coded into the alpha version. That would seem plausible to me at least. Then again, we might be sitting here in late Feb/March saying "my goodness, they really did nothing to innovate this mode/that mode once again this year." Too early to tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2018, 05:22 PM   #126
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I wouldn't be shocked if what you say is true, but: (1) the game isn't finished yet so there could still be some [minor] additions made in the next couple of months; and (2) they might be withholding some code so that features don't leak out during the testing (if I were SDS, I 100% would not trust the alpha participants to keep things confidential like they are supposed to). I know absolutely nothing about software development/coding, but perhaps some of the new additions (if any exist) might not be coded into the alpha version. That would seem plausible to me at least. Then again, we might be sitting here in late Feb/March saying "my goodness, they really did nothing to innovate this mode/that mode once again this year." Too early to tell.
They flat-out said weeks before the alpha that they held some of the new gameplay stuff out of it.

Watch Closed Alpha Announcement! www.theshownation.com/alpha from SonySanDiegoStudio on www.twitch.tv

The actual stream starts at around 9:00 of that, before that is a countdown...lol

Last edited by bcruise; 12-28-2018 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:35 PM   #127
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm not watching a 19-min video about something I'm not participating in, so I'll just take your word for it. That as a given then, it would seem to be a mistake reading too far into what features are baked into the alpha version. Kinda what I figured. We'll know for sure in, what, 3 months or so.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:54 PM   #128
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I'm not watching a 19-min video about something I'm not participating in, so I'll just take your word for it. That as a given then, it would seem to be a mistake reading too far into what features are baked into the alpha version. Kinda what I figured. We'll know for sure in, what, 3 months or so.
All I will say is carbon copy. LoL. Thus far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »