Home

MLB 19: Anybody else feel this is the make/break year?

This is a discussion on MLB 19: Anybody else feel this is the make/break year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-01-2019, 08:18 AM   #145
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 19: Anybody else feel this is the make/break year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Some people really struggle to comprehend game development.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Or marketing apparently, no company shows their hand months ahead of release.

I wasn't in the alpha preview so I speak in blissful ignorance but if they've spent the time on franchise mode that most of us have been calling for, it could very well mean fewer noticeable gameplay improvements and that's fine by me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2019, 10:21 AM   #146
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

I have been on the ill buy it when its around 20$-25$ . Gives our wonderful group here time to make the roster and pitch edits etc. I use to take a vacation day for the release but that ship has sailed. With a current New Year hangover i cannot think of a stronger word than hate or i woukd use it for that diamond dynasty bs. All SDS needs to do is cheat off NBA2Ks study guide.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:01 PM   #147
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
Or marketing apparently, no company shows their hand months ahead of release.

I wasn't in the alpha preview so I speak in blissful ignorance but if they've spent the time on franchise mode that most of us have been calling for, it could very well mean fewer noticeable gameplay improvements and that's fine by me.
The last patch cleaned up gameplay nicely. We don't really need insane gameplay changes, maybe a few changes with fielding. I hope they focused on franchise, but I'm simply not holding my breath.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:26 PM   #148
Pro

KingOfLanglade's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
The last patch cleaned up gameplay nicely. We don't really need insane gameplay changes, maybe a few changes with fielding. I hope they focused on franchise, but I'm simply not holding my breath.

I agree. One thing they’ve done a phenomenal jobs of (to me at least) is subtly syncing up strides on bat-to-ball contact. In past Shows, the batter would have his foot down for a fraction of a second too long and it would kill immersion for me. Replays look incredible now.
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -Earl Weaver
Old 01-02-2019, 11:47 PM   #149
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
I would honestly be okay with no gameplay updates and have them just focus on various logic based management like bullpen/bench management or overall roster logic. Also hoping franchise gets built up a bit more but I'm not expecting big changes.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 01-03-2019, 09:34 PM   #150
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7

As someone who has pre-ordered every MLB The Show 2006 to 2018, they honestly have to blow me away this year for me to pre-order or even get the game at the point. I find myself playing The Show less and less each iteration. And as someone who always goes for the $99 version, I cant keep throwing that kind of money at a game I'm barely going to play.

I've been hoping for an expansion mode in franchise for a very long time, and while I don't think we'll get it this year, it may take something of that nature for me to go out and throw down some money for a pre-order. I just need something new and great for Franchise or RTTS. More franchise though than anything.

"All Angels Go To Heaven"

Last edited by douggoud; 01-04-2019 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:22 PM   #151
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon96
I would honestly be okay with no gameplay updates and have them just focus on various logic based management like bullpen/bench management or overall roster logic. Also hoping franchise gets built up a bit more but I'm not expecting big changes.
I'm in the same boat...I'm not overly ecstatic about hitting or fielding but if they vastly improve franchise, roster building, even player attributes, I'll be happy. I'm not sure if anybody remembers playing NCAA Football but I could spend HOURS on just recruiting prospects alone - gosh, I wish The Show would incorporate some of that with draft prospects, FA signings, etc.

The biggest thing in baseball now is
1) Farm System
2) Sabermetrics

It's time for The Show to heavily incorporate these elements into franchise. Make me want a higher WAR player, a top farm system...make it to where trading for player x, y, z isn't good in the long run. I sorely want to have players come out of nowhere or stars just drop and be terrible - I want a true offline franchise that I can sink hours into...like OOTP has done.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2019, 06:49 AM   #152
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I'm in the same boat...I'm not overly ecstatic about hitting or fielding but if they vastly improve franchise, roster building, even player attributes, I'll be happy. I'm not sure if anybody remembers playing NCAA Football but I could spend HOURS on just recruiting prospects alone - gosh, I wish The Show would incorporate some of that with draft prospects, FA signings, etc.

The biggest thing in baseball now is
1) Farm System
2) Sabermetrics

It's time for The Show to heavily incorporate these elements into franchise. Make me want a higher WAR player, a top farm system...make it to where trading for player x, y, z isn't good in the long run. I sorely want to have players come out of nowhere or stars just drop and be terrible - I want a true offline franchise that I can sink hours into...like OOTP has done.
Man your post had me daydreaming there for a second. Would love a franchise like that...unfortunately we all know this will never happen

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »