Home

Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves

This is a discussion on Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves

[He will act as if he was one of the greatest, but just remember this, when he was getting ready to fight the future of the sport he walked away or even made excuses. He has beaten Jardine by decision (who hasn't beat Jardine). He's beaten Wanderlei Silva by knockout (took him three try's, and he was as is past his prime). He beat Liddell by KO( again who hasn't in the recently, and he himself told Evans that when Rashad KO'ed him he was past his prime). Oh, and what about Marvin Eastman, that must have been real hard.]

By the way...this nonsense proves my point that you are an idiot. Who hasn't beaten Jardine? YOU! Jardine has beaten Forrest, Chuck, Brandon Vera, Wilson Gouveia. Beating Wanderlei Silve one out of three? Didn't Randy only beat Chuck one out of three? Does that mean Randy isn't good? Come on man! Beat Liddell. Who hasn't beaten Liddell recently? YOU! And he beat Marvin Eastman. What is your point with that? Eastman has fought Jackson twice (beat him once by the way), Franklin, Jason Macdonald, Alan Belcher, Terry Martin, Drew McFeidres, Vitor Belfort, so what is your point?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 4

"He wants to do this thing, and he's like, 'Listen, man, this is really important to me. … There's some sentimental value here for me, me and my dad grew up watching ‘The A-Team’ together and we loved it,’” White told the media at UFC 102 in Portland, Ore. “I said, 'Guess what Rashad Evans is thinking about right now? He's thinking about beating your f---ing ***. He's not sitting around thinking about how him and his mom used to watch the f---ing 'Love Boat' together and (how) he wants to get the role of ‘Isaac the Bartender.’”
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/ram...e-reacts-19886

Dana white is kind of cold and you can tell he doesn't care about the fighters at all he tries to play rampage like he is a kid or something.People wonder why other fighters don't want to join the ufc.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #35
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I think Rampage will be back after the movie, he'll make nice with Dana and go on as normal.

I don't know what to think about the situation...first Rampage was saying he wanted to fight Rashad first, but now that he's mad at Dana he's flip flopping...not sure who to believe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dragon
"He wants to do this thing, and he's like, 'Listen, man, this is really important to me. … There's some sentimental value here for me, me and my dad grew up watching ‘The A-Team’ together and we loved it,’” White told the media at UFC 102 in Portland, Ore. “I said, 'Guess what Rashad Evans is thinking about right now? He's thinking about beating your f---ing ***. He's not sitting around thinking about how him and his mom used to watch the f---ing 'Love Boat' together and (how) he wants to get the role of ‘Isaac the Bartender.’”
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/ram...e-reacts-19886

Dana white is kind of cold and you can tell he doesn't care about the fighters at all he tries to play rampage like he is a kid or something.People wonder why other fighters don't want to join the ufc.
Dana is hilarious. How does that make you think he doesn't care about fighters? That's a load of BS. He's just telling it like it is. All that crap that Rampage has been talking about 'Shad only to pull out of the fight, 'Shad could care less how much it means to Jackson to be in the movie. He want's to whoop that ***.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dragon
You heard about Phillipe Nover having a seizure hours before he was scheduled to fight on the Fight Night last week, right? Obviously the doctors wouldn't clear him to fight that night, so he was going to lose out on his money.

Except the UFC paid him his 'show' money anyway. And his 'win' money.

From Phillipe's blog:

Quote:
In this blog I'd like to thank a lot of people. Dana White and Joe Silva are at the top of my list for being so generous and providing me with the show money and win money. They didn't need to provide me with a single penny.. When I found this out I literally broke down in tears of joy. Every up and coming full time professional fighter knows that each check counts! When I approach Dana to thank him his exact words were “We only care about your health. Get better and so we can get you back in that cage!” When I approach Joe to thank him later that evening. He said “Don't you worry Phillipe. We take care of our guys. It wasn't your fault.” My hat goes off to the UFC. Thanks for taking care of me.
Assuming his payout would have been the same as it was for his last fight on the UFC 98 prelims, the UFC gave him $20,000.

Last edited by Wet Bandit; 09-23-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #38
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Rampage is on some sort of drugs if he thinks this movie will escalate him to big time movie star. Jean Claude Van Damme is a more eloquent and quality actor, there's no way Rampage becomes some big movie star making a ton of money.

Dana's disappointed he's throwing away millions for his movie dream, guaranteed millions vs. something paying him crap. We've all seen Rampage talk, he's hardly the actor type. Funny as hell, seems like a cool guy, but I just can't see him as any sort of actor long term.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

well if I had to choose between acting and fighting it would be acting. I don't see how Rampage can mentally or physically prepare for a fight or even think about it when he is filming a movie. He'll be back. He only has a few more years anyway where he can fight at that level.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:52 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

'Shad speaks out.

Quote:
"Rampage is a very emotional fighter, a very emotional person, and he just let his emotions take over his rational thinking. I think that him and Dana White just probably need to talk it out, and get past it. I think it’s just a breakdown in communication. Dana’s the kind of guy who is going to say what is on his mind, maybe without thinking it through all the way, before he said. Rampage is a hothead, as well. You get two tempers like that, go at each other like that, it makes the situation hard to work through. I’d be disappointed not to fight him. It would be a good fight, a fun fight, but mostly because he talked trash. He got me really angry, and I want to fight him just because of that alone. It’s a fight that people want to see. You get your mind wrapped up, and you get your mind so psyched up about fighting a fighter, and then it doesn’t happen, it’s disappointing. That’s why I hate making a fight personal. At the end of the day, we’re professional athletes, and we get paid to do a job. But when you get to fight someone you really want to fight, that’s like a bonus. You’d almost do it for free…. I would have loved to punch him in the face for free.”

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »