Home

Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves

This is a discussion on Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-23-2009, 09:31 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
Dana is hilarious. How does that make you think he doesn't care about fighters? That's a load of BS. He's just telling it like it is. All that crap that Rampage has been talking about 'Shad only to pull out of the fight, 'Shad could care less how much it means to Jackson to be in the movie. He want's to whoop that ***.
Honestly how do you even know what is rashad thinking, you fanatics buy into those fueds like your life depended on it.Page is a human being before a fighter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #42
Rookie

Bona Fide's Arena

OVR: 6

Whatever you say Rampage. See you in a year or so.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:45 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Guess I will have to wait to see Rampage KO him.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:45 PM   #44

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Dana White responds....

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=9644&zoneid=2

Not a very "juicy" read but he does dispute the idea that Rampage wanted to fight Machida and White pulled the plug on it instead, saying, and I quote....

"He didn't want the belt," said White. "He said the belt caused too many problems in his life, he just wants to fight and make money and feed his family is exactly what he told me."

Quote:
UFC president Dana White says he will honor Quinton “Rampage” Jackson’s decision to pursue acting full-time, though it’s hard to imagine he will do so without a fight.

Jackson on Tuesday afternoon wrote on his personal blog that he was fed up with the promotion’s politics and would mark his turn as "B.A. Baracus" on the movie remake of “The A-Team” as the start of a new career on the silver screen.

White, who made a surprise appearance on the KHTK's Carmichael Dave show Tuesday evening, had clearly not spoken to the former UFC light heavyweight champ yet, but said Jackson’s decision was not something new to him.

Dealing with its consequences, as White has often said, was his job.

“I have nothing bad to say about Rampage,” said White. “He’s a grown man. This guy decides he wants to walk away from guaranteed good money right now, money he’ll never have the opportunity to make for the rest of his life, because he wants to go make movies, he’s a grown man. He can do whatever he wants to do.”

In his blog entry, Jackson said White attempted to sabotage his acting career by disclosing financial information about the particulars of his "A-Team" deal.

“What happened was, after he and I had made up, those stories were hitting,” said White. “I didn’t say anything bad about him doing the movie, other than I thought it was a bad idea, because I do think it’s a bad idea.”

White also disputed Jackson's recollection that he "changed his mind" on giving Jackson a title shot against current champion Lyoto Machida, forcing him to instead fight former champion and rival "Ultimate Fighter" coach Rashad Evans in December.

"He didn't want the belt," said White. "He said the belt caused too many problems in his life, he just wants to fight and make money and feed his family is exactly what he told me."

The UFC president made no mention of meeting with Jackson to work the situation out, but hinted the situation might be temporary. Still, his position on retirement was firm.

“He’s acting like a baby right now, but he’s a grown man,” he said. “If he wants to be in the movie business, Rampage, good luck to ya, man. I hope he makes it big, and I’m not being sarcastic.

“Rampage Jackson is a guy that I actually do like, and Rampage Jackson is a guy that I know doesn’t always make the best decisions, and I hope the movie thing works out for him. If that what he thinks his career is, I wish him all the luck in the world.”

Jackson has yet to further comment on his decision.

Last edited by The Chef; 09-23-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #45
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Hey if Quittin Jackson wants to turn down title fights and walk away from a big money non title fight with rashad, to do the mr. t role which is pretty much guaranteed to flop horribly, then so be it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 09:53 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dragon
Honestly how do you even know what is rashad thinking, you fanatics buy into those fueds like your life depended on it.Page is a human being before a fighter.
You must have not read the post just above yours.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:16 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 4

nobody truly believes he won’t return to fighting. You can’t turn down the opportunity to be in a potential major movie and get a career after fighting started. But the odds are greatly against making it in that career and most people, simply by necessity, usually fall back into what they are best able to earn a living at.

The nature of fighting, because of the ridiculously hard training and emotional ups and downs, exacerbated by the injuries, particularly brain trauma, and what is done to combat the physical injuries, leads to severe depression at times, and fighters are always making statements and changing their minds. Randy Couture and Tito Ortiz said they’d never fight again in UFC because of Dana White. Roger Huerta said he was retiring to become a full-time actor, and with his UFC contract expired, he now said he wants to sign a new UFC contract. Everyone has moments where they want to quit, but most stars never quit until far too late, usually when there is no money left to be made. As much as pro wrestlers have issues because of the insecurity in most cases, the travel and physical demands, fighters have it worse because of greater insecurity and pressure, and the depression of killing yourself and still losing. Many fighters are going to have some built up issues with UFC because they are selling storylines that are reality based, but sometimes aren’t reality. It all came pouring out here. Fighters announce retirement all the time, but very few can stick with it, partially because fighting is something they are comfortable and good at, and miss the spotlight, and when they get older, there is a realization with top guys that they can make a ton of money they can’t make otherwise. The whole police car chase situation last year with Jackson was one of the most blatant warning signs of problems there could be with this nutjob
Old 09-24-2009, 12:42 AM   #48
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Rampage will be back after the movie. The A-Team will be a bigger bust than Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart combined.

His decision does screw over Rashard Evans though. Does Dana White/Silva book a fight for Evans early next year or does he continue to keep him on the sidelines and gamble Rampages changes his mind.

I bet you in the future, the TUF coaches will have to sign a contract to fight (after the season is over) before the taping begings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »