Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #105
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Yes. You can hold it anyway but the direction of you opponent. So if you on the left attacking your opponent, holding the stick up, down, or to the left will throw a jab.
Away from your opponent is an uppercut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #106
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Away from your opponent is an uppercut.
Yeah your right.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #107
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Online pro control v. amateur control...pro always wins.

Offline pro control reversals are more difficult to pull off.
that and pro allows transition canceling which can be a big deal and many people online rely on doing that.

The aggression really is 2010-like, in '09 there were more timid AI 'types', but in general there were like 4 or 5 different 'types' so to me it was like 'oh you're type A" etc. Even though that is very simplistic, it's still better in some ways because this is just all type A - the only good thing is the adjustments the AI makes to losing. they will sometimes go for takedowns (rampage) or change their striking pattern (bodyshots followed by striaghts to the head) ....

This year you have to be more careful about leg kick throwing than '09, but less that 2010,

One thing I hope is that fighters who are really good at jabbing in real life, do more damage with it. Like GSP and Kampmann, their jabs should do more damage than someone who sucks at jabbing.

I like the original camera angle better from the first game in UFC mode, this one is a bit strange to get used to and too low imo. Pride feels better.

I'm going to buy, but I think online will be only a bit better experience than 2010, and not as good as '09 by a long shot. Part of that is gaming accross the board this generation has got cheesier and cheesier as time has passed. I really hope they notice the 'terminator' AI and try to vary it big time. It seems like they fixed gameplay issues but didn't touch offline AI at all.

The demo is very bitter sweet.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #108
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4

Do Anderson Silva's eyes creep anyone else out?

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.

Last edited by godylla; 01-24-2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Spelt his name wrong.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #109
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

After reading some of the comments earlier today I was worried about the demo. However, after finally getting my hands on it, I am really impressed. It's a huge upgrade from 2010, in my opinion. The presentation and new camera angles are really nice. And overall the game does feel a lot different than the last iteration.

My first few matches I fought on experienced/default/sim and the game play was similar to 2010 although, still better. After that I switched the settings to advanced/competition/sim and that's the sweet spot for me. I fought 6 UFC fights (4 as Jones and 2 as Anderson) and split with the CPU. None of the fights ended in a finish (even though in some of the fights I was throwing nothing but hay-makers), but we rocked one another a few times. Then I played 3 Pride fights (all as Wandy). We split TKO's in the first two fights, then the third ended in a decision. The great thing is that I wasn't even trying for a decision, it just happened.

My cons are that even on cometitve/sim the "rule of three" still seems to be there and as others have said the CPU seems a little to aggressive. I'd like to see them mix it up a little more. Other than that, I love it. Going to pre-order this weekend.

Also, does anyone know what "Highlight Reel Auto Rec" means in the option menu?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 01-24-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #110
Rookie

toine2983's Arena

OVR: 7
Icon14 Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

Got in a couple fights with Anderson Silva and Jon Jones.

Both fighters were pushing forward and being real aggressive initially but calmed down a bit after I landed a few shots on them.

I'm indifferent to the new submission system but I can see how others can find it a bit distracting. I was able to submit Anderson Silva with a RNC, first time I was able to pull one off in a UFC game since UFC 2009.

I have a few questions though. How do you sway? I can't remember how to do that for the life of me. Also is there a way to select the fighter's alternate attire without doing mirror matches?

Overall I'm enjoying my experience with the demo. I haven't even touched Pride Mode yet.

After I get some fights in that mode I'll test my skills and up the difficulty to Advanced.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #111
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Do Anderson Silva's eyes creep anyone else out?
Very much so! I am very impressed by the demo and think this game will be a lot of fun, if for no other reason than using Mike Brown to crush Faber again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 0

Had a war against Page, before he caught me with a hook and rocked me onto all 4's, then connected with a soccer kick to the face. Knocked me out cold

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »