Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #33
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Impressio

Anderson Silva is pretty hard to beat. I beat him 2 out of 10 times. Standing he KO'ed me a couple of times with his spinning head kick. Take him to the ground and he submitted me 4 times with the triangle.

He does a pretty good job swaying on his feet as well.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #34
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Impressio

Soooo same rubbish on default but slight improvement on sim?
I don't play online so have to wait a week to find out for myself.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #35
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

WAYYYYY too many strikes thrown when I played against Wandy on sim mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #36
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
WAYYYYY too many strikes thrown when I played against Wandy on sim mode.
Using quick strikes like jabs and straights actually does a surprisingly good job at keeping aggressive guys at bay.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0
I agree too many strikes thrown on sim but its up to us to get on their asses about it so they can patch that but besides that fact the game is a wonderful upgrade from 2010....jus wish the entrances cud be full ones and not skipping cutscenes but who am i to complain about a small factor of entrance lol february 14th cant come soon enough
Old 01-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #38
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Using quick strikes like jabs and straights actually does a surprisingly good job at keeping aggressive guys at bay.
Yep. I just hope there is more of a difference with other fighters. I dont want Maia throwing non stop haymakers.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yep. I just hope there is more of a difference with other fighters. I dont want Maia throwing non stop haymakers.
I personally don't see that happening. Lets look at couple reasons why.

1) Why make fighters fight like their real life self's yet not add realistic stamina as default

2) Why have a problem exist with over aggressive fighters that people complained about TWO years ago. Yet goes unfixed in the new entry.

Now the reason I think these things exist this way is they WANT it to play this way. First, they want the game to play out like a nonstop haymaker fest with two guys throwing 20 spinning backfist in a round while not being gassed. Second, they want the CPU to pressure nonstop with the same play style they want the default online to be like. They are after the ADHD crowd, people who can't sit and enjoy a good strategy filled experience. The crowd who wants 3 to 4 min run and gun COD deathmatch settings.

They don't want the game to play like a realistic sim. If so the game would be designed from the ground up to play more inline to real life. Instead they want a over the top version of that filled with punching punching punching, kicking kicking, kicking, punching, punching and knockout after knockouts.

So long story short they make the game in the mind set of pure action 100% of the time with the CPU pressing non-damn stop. They feel down time, or realistic pace would reduce sales evidently & turn off the hyperactive crowd they want to target. So in turn the entire product hurts because of these poor design decisions.

Very little games I have extreme passion about. The fight game (boxing & MMA) and Football. But when it comes to those two, I want and expect realism.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I personally don't see that happening. Lets look at couple reasons why.

1) Why make fighters fight like their real life self's yet not add realistic stamina as default

2) Why have a problem exist with over aggressive fighters that people complained about TWO years ago. Yet goes unfixed in the new entry.

Now the reason I think these things exist this way is they WANT it to play this way. First, they want the game to play out like a nonstop haymaker fest with two guys throwing 20 spinning backfist in a round while not being gassed. Second, they want the CPU to pressure nonstop with the same play style they want the default online to be like. They are after the ADHD crowd, people who can't sit and enjoy a good strategy filled experience. The crowd who wants 3 to 4 min run and gun COD deathmatch settings.

They don't want the game to play like a realistic sim. If so the game would be designed from the ground up to play more inline to real life. Instead they want a over the top version of that filled with punching punching punching, kicking kicking, kicking, punching, punching and knockout after knockouts.

So long story short they make the game in the mind set of pure action 100% of the time with the CPU pressing non-damn stop. They feel down time, or realistic pace would reduce sales evidently & turn off the hyperactive crowd they want to target. So in turn the entire product hurts because of these poor design decisions.

Very little games I have extreme passion about. The fight game (boxing & MMA) and Football. But when it comes to those two, I want and expect realism.
I agree, I don't hold out much hope for the final build. It's one of the reasons they picked Anderson Silva and Jon Jones for the demo, every other move is a spinning or flying something. If only we could get some sliders and possibly be able to edit guys already in the game that would be awesome. I mean they have it in their WWE game why not here?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »