Home

UFC 3 - Excel Spreadsheet

This is a discussion on UFC 3 - Excel Spreadsheet within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2012, 04:27 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: UFC 3 - Excel Spreadsheet

First, you need to add one more rank in column A on the p4p list for every fighter you add. Next, copy/paste-special the formula for each column that uses one for every new fighter you add.

The original p4p points are all manually put in. When you only sort columns B/C, the original p4p points in D stay in place. So whenever you are done putting your new fighters in, sorting your rankings by weight class, and are ready to start your league; then sort columns B/C to get your starting p4p rankings. After you have done this highlight all of the p4p ratings in B and copy/paste them to column D. You now have your original p4p points for the start of your league and should never change. From now on when you want to sort p4p rankings, make sure you highlight B-D and always sort by B so that each fighters original p4p rank stays with them and it can track progress in E accurately.

Sorry if this is confusing. Hope it helps

Last edited by mountaindew77; 02-25-2012 at 04:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #26
Pro

Control-X's Arena

OVR: 15

I got it. Thanks for the help @mountaindew.

Dr. J
1976_Bird 1986_Magic 1987_Chuck 1993_Pip 1994_MJ 1996_GP 1996_Shaq 2000_AI 2001_Kobe 2006

Old 02-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #27
Rookie

so to make sure that the P4P rankings adjust accordingly we just change the My Wins/Losses/Draws and adjust the fighters rank accordingly then it should adjust their value of P4P?

thanks for this
Old 02-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcguire
so to make sure that the P4P rankings adjust accordingly we just change the My Wins/Losses/Draws and adjust the fighters rank accordingly then it should adjust their value of P4P?

thanks for this
You can enter fight cards and once you put a winner in and put it in past events, it will automatically update the My W and my L. Just be sure you spell everyones name correctly to stay accurate. Or you can just manually enter wins and losses on the master page if you want
Old 03-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #29
Rookie

dpmx21's Arena

OVR: 5

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just want to say thanks for posting this. I created my own spreadsheet to keep track of everything including methods of victory, but I just love the ease of use in this one. All I have to do is type the winner's name and it updates the rankings. I'm trying to become more well versed in excel and this spreadsheet helped alot,. I used that countif formula in my current spreadsheet and it is working great. I also love the P4P ranking you guys created. I'm sure you probably won't feel like doing this, but is there any way you could incorporate methods of victory into the rankings? Maybe give a guy who finishes his fight an extra point toward the ranking. You could also take an extra point away from a guy who gets finished. I plan on messing with this myself, but I feel I will become very frustrated in trying to devise the right formula. Once again though, thanks alot for posting this, and thanks to the guy who originally created it. Enjoying this game has become much easier.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #30
Rookie

What I did was incorporate the fighters current streak into their p4p ranking.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #31
Rookie

dpmx21's Arena

OVR: 5

Any chance you could post the formula?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 02:51 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmx21
Any chance you could post the formula?
=(Y3/(I3+J3+K3))-A3*-1 ... This is the original

=(-Y3/(I3+J3+K3))-(A3*-0.15)-(L3*0.02) ... This is my version

I made the fighters rank count for less (so someone who's not a title holder can still possibly be in top 7) by changing from -1 to -0.15. You can adjust this number however you like or keep it at -1. And the last part is what incorporates the fighters streak. Again, you can play with the numbers and adjust them however. The only thing that would be better is if it changed the fighter's streak automatically, but as it stands you have to change them manually. Which isn't all that bad if you do it after every couple fight cards.

Also, there is a lot of fighters on the spreadsheet that are not in the game or they are DLC.

Last edited by mountaindew77; 03-06-2012 at 02:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »