Home

How can 2k make Denver feel more dominant in 2k?

This is a discussion on How can 2k make Denver feel more dominant in 2k? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-04-2023, 07:36 PM   #1
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
How can 2k make Denver feel more dominant in 2k?

Denver is, understandably, a tough team to try & replicate in any video game.

The Nuggets are obviously on another level offensively compared to the rest of the league, and their success is far more reliant on chemistry than talent. The mental aspect to basketball compared to the physical aspect is as 4 is to 1, and Denver is proving it.

I say all that to say this: Denver is NOT a team I have ever feared at any point the last couple of years in 2k specifically. As long as your team has any hint of perimeter & interior defending badges, they really aren't anything to fear. Jokic passing doesn't seem to matter & the offball actions don't execute well against the good defending teams.

On the flip side, Denver literally has nothing to write home about defensively, so teams with dominant wings or Bigs will routinely eat them up rather easily.

Teams like the Cavs, Lakers, Heat, & Raptors all are more beneficial to use because they each have multiple defenders that are equipped with the necessary badges to lock down anyone. The shooting & court spacing advantage Denver supposedly has doesn't really seem to matter since anyone above a 70 can green anything since all you really need to do is practice timing for certain players.

Moral of the story, good defenders with decent 3s are FAR more important than bad defenders with spectacular offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2023, 11:20 AM   #2
Rookie

EurozDontFogertTheZ's Arena

Re: How can 2k make Denver feel more dominant in 2k?

I ran enough games with denver in Playnow and the 2 biggest issue with them.

1. Jamal Murray shot is so slow!!! Sometimes hes unplayable and have to put bruce brown instead.

2. Its not as easy to score with jokic as other dominant big man imo.

The positives are KCP shooting form is probably the best shot in the game, MPJ also has a really good shot and bruce brown is a great 3&d player.
Old 06-05-2023, 11:49 AM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Euro pretty much covered exactly what I was going to say, lol

The #4 PNO player on XBOX uses the Nuggets btw, They are definitely viable….even needing a ratings update badly

For a more Nuggets like offense I’d suggest changing your freelance to something like the Philly elbow, this puts Jokic at the wing and gives him a lot of cutting options….Jokics high passing ratings and badges absolutely give you an advantage on 3s as well as finishing with Gold dimer…he also has HOF masher as a bonus

That said, I don’t know why they have Murray such a slow shot…but that definitely plays a role in playing the Jokic/Murray 2 man game..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2023, 04:24 PM   #4
Rookie

MAN!

Quentin Grimes from the Knicks has a lightning quick shot release in real life. Hes ferocious with it, specially on catch and shoot, if you blink you might miss it.

You try and shoot a jumper with him on 2k... its probably one of the slowest jumpshots on the game. It makes absolutely zero sense. And its so annoying.
Old 06-05-2023, 04:27 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Murray actually has a pretty good base and release if you go into the roster and increase its speed to quick or very quick, it's just that 2K has his shot speed set to slow, for some dumb reason, which makes him unsuitable for being a go-to scorer.

And the masher badge needing to have a height differential before it'll activate prevents Jokic from consistently making those contested close shots like he does in real life.

Max Strus is another guy from this Finals series who 2K cursed with the slow release speed for no good reason.

Last edited by jyoung; 06-05-2023 at 04:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2023, 06:39 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Euro pretty much covered exactly what I was going to say, lol

The #4 PNO player on XBOX uses the Nuggets btw, They are definitely viable….even needing a ratings update badly

For a more Nuggets like offense I’d suggest changing your freelance to something like the Philly elbow, this puts Jokic at the wing and gives him a lot of cutting options….Jokics high passing ratings and badges absolutely give you an advantage on 3s as well as finishing with Gold dimer…he also has HOF masher as a bonus

That said, I don’t know why they have Murray such a slow shot…but that definitely plays a role in playing the Jokic/Murray 2 man game..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can shoot with him , just with the stick
Old 06-16-2023, 07:54 AM   #7
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

I was just thinking this
And they need to make joker super dominant in 2k24
From his High IQ to his super passes
The Denver nuggets remind me of the mid 2000 Spurs
Old 06-17-2023, 06:39 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

They built Jokic wrong for his 'character,' I think, but the main issue is sliders. By sliders I mean the sliders they set. I can fix it. You have to make the game less sticky so that the full animations can play out. And you have to really lower the shot contest percentage.

SO, slow shot doesn't matter as much if people aren't just blocking him haha and Jokic can go to work. You don't want to go up too high on defensive awareness (I'd lower to like 15 or less) because then everyone becomes a defensive hall of famer. Put consistency at 100%, no need for walk offs. Offensive awareness down a little bit so each player retains more personality, like 40.

Then you gotta make the computer able to go with you however you want. If you wanna boost their shot percentage and lower yours, whatever.

I lower vert as well and that, in my mind, might create some natural looking flat footed jokic rebs.

Also, I raise the speed curve to 95 for w/ ball, 90 without.

Sticky sliders:

body up sensitivity
on ball defense (I feel like that makes dudes play off more and it also makes them get their ankles broken and misread more)
Inside Contact, your pref, less, keep those anis. Maybe make the release contest bearably stronger.

Unrealistic midrange:

jump shot contest, I would lower, again.

You want a computer you can't body up except in very certain situations and then prepare to get cooked. Haha.

Part 2: Sorry, I forgot to say this. The whole game is so advanced as to what can happen but it's ruined in a way by contact animations and dumb area of effect contests. All you have to do to glitch out the whole cpu is stand mostly in the middle, as much as you can haha. It doesn't understand how to attack a zone at all. It's not outwardly aggressive.

PEEP

Funny how wilt did it him, but IS THAT NOT GOOD ENOUGH? It seems kinda real?

Edit: and yea ill switch cam. Oops.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 06-17-2023 at 10:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »