Home

Real Shooting % or Shot Timing for 2k24?

This is a discussion on Real Shooting % or Shot Timing for 2k24? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Real Shooting % vs Shot Timing
Real Shooting % 23 71.88%
Shot Timing 9 28.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2024, 08:22 PM   #9
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Real Shooting % or Shot Timing for 2k24?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
What do you guys use for PNO games ??

2k22 had a being phase where everyone online used real player % because it was easier to shoot with.
Whatever it is, it's completely broken. Way too easy to make set jumpers on PNO, and timing the shots has way too much reliance on how easy any individuals jumper/shot release animation is. Really not a fan at all of guys with <80 three rating being able to green at will just because somebody masters their timing.

I've mastered the art of playing defense, but you don't see my guys getting special animations for "timing" my rotations correctly. Nah, if you don't have clamps or lockdown or any defensive body up animations, you're not stopping a nose bleed.
Old 01-22-2024, 09:33 AM   #10
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Is this online?
online league. we have some guys in the league who are absurdely good at shot timing. so good, it breaks the whole balance of the game. when someone is shooting 70 % from deep as a team (superstar slider), then the best defense against him is to give him wide open layups as this results in less points per shot (2*100 % = 2 points) than any 3pt attempt (3*70 % = 2.1 pts). luke kennard was our league topscorer with 35 ppg on close to 80 % shooting from deep. but on the other hand we also had some teams shoot only below 30 %, so reducing the 3pt slider is not just an option. the reason why there is such a big discrepancy is just that greens go in at 100 % and some get lots of greens while others dont. without greens going in 100 % we wouldnt have these kinds of problems, but i have said this too many times already. also with people shooting this good the whole team building aspect is just irrelevant as basically anyone could be a decent shooter if you get the timing done...if i have to guard guys like ben simmons at the 3pt line there is something wrong with the game.

we switched to de facto realfg% during the season because of stuff like that. realfg% as a setting is not working online, but if you change the "shot impact timing" slider to 0, then it is the same as realfg%, it even disables the shot meter automatically. now the percentages make much more sense, though lots of people say that they find the game more "boring" without timing. i miss the old shooting mechanics from like pre 2k18 or what it was....timing is important but even with perfect timing you wont hit close to 100% while slightly early/late timing was still viable, though a little bit worse than perfect timing.

Last edited by jk31; 01-22-2024 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-23-2024, 10:27 AM   #11
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I was interested in this just because of reading teams are shooting 70+ from three in your online league. I get it that it's a video game and not a simulation but the online crowd complaining about perfects not going in have really ruined the game for people who want the game to play closer to a simulation.

I guess the only real solution is to play real fg% but by feel it seems that even with that wide opens go in at a much higher percentage than real life. Unless they add a slider for Wide Open Shots, Open Shots, etc, it looks like it won't be great.

Looking at NBA.com some stats of guys: For 3's

Luke Kennard - Season: 42.6 / Wide Open Closest Defender 6+ Feet: 47.5
Steph Curry - Season 39.8 / Wide Open : 43.7
Graysen Allen - 48.0 / 51.2
Lonnie Walker - 47.5 / 56.9

I added the last 2 because they are leading in 3 point % right now.

Highest Wide Open: Minimum 30 Wide Open 3's

Kevin Durant is actually 67%but he's only taken 31 all season.
Nick Smith Jr 62.8
Jalen Smith 57.9
Lonnie Walker 56.9
Malik Beasley 55.4

If they want to keep this perfects always go in for online that's fine. I get it if you are playing myplayer with a created player you want to know that it is going in. I really just wish that there was a way to satisfy both crowds. And something under the hood that changed when you played in MyNBA or a setting that you could choose like they used to have simulation or arcade. Simulation would use real basket physics and your input would have an effect on the shot (like it used to be) but didn't guarantee a make. And arcade would be green good, not green miss and the size of the green would be effected by rating and coverage that wouldn't change once you started your gather.

I feel like it would satisfy both crowds. Or even if they had an explainer somewhere that showed how to use the sliders with coverage, timing impact and shooting to get something close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2024, 12:05 PM   #12
Rookie

Real shooting percentage for those that find timing hard when starting to play the game!
Old 01-23-2024, 12:30 PM   #13
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten1100
Real shooting percentage for those that find timing hard when starting to play the game!
For the love of Pete.
Old 01-24-2024, 06:45 PM   #14
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
I was interested in this just because of reading teams are shooting 70+ from three in your online league. I get it that it's a video game and not a simulation but the online crowd complaining about perfects not going in have really ruined the game for people who want the game to play closer to a simulation.

I guess the only real solution is to play real fg% but by feel it seems that even with that wide opens go in at a much higher percentage than real life. Unless they add a slider for Wide Open Shots, Open Shots, etc, it looks like it won't be great.

Looking at NBA.com some stats of guys: For 3's

Luke Kennard - Season: 42.6 / Wide Open Closest Defender 6+ Feet: 47.5
Steph Curry - Season 39.8 / Wide Open : 43.7
Graysen Allen - 48.0 / 51.2
Lonnie Walker - 47.5 / 56.9

I added the last 2 because they are leading in 3 point % right now.

Highest Wide Open: Minimum 30 Wide Open 3's

Kevin Durant is actually 67%but he's only taken 31 all season.
Nick Smith Jr 62.8
Jalen Smith 57.9
Lonnie Walker 56.9
Malik Beasley 55.4

If they want to keep this perfects always go in for online that's fine. I get it if you are playing myplayer with a created player you want to know that it is going in. I really just wish that there was a way to satisfy both crowds. And something under the hood that changed when you played in MyNBA or a setting that you could choose like they used to have simulation or arcade. Simulation would use real basket physics and your input would have an effect on the shot (like it used to be) but didn't guarantee a make. And arcade would be green good, not green miss and the size of the green would be effected by rating and coverage that wouldn't change once you started your gather.

I feel like it would satisfy both crowds. Or even if they had an explainer somewhere that showed how to use the sliders with coverage, timing impact and shooting to get something close.

perfectly description of what i wish for in the last 2 years. Just give US the Option to remove Green = 100 % (basically how it was before) and everyone is happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »