Home

Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

This is a discussion on Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #25
Rookie

woshihuxingtan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
They should fire the people who responsible for online experience
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #26
Rookie

Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

NBA 2K must NO LONGER be "online only". That is the common sense solution to this problem.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #27
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
NBA 2K must NO LONGER be "online only". That is the common sense solution to this problem.
But that means they would have to remove VC from the game modes. And lets be honest. They wont do that.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #28
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Good job OS. Many were beginning to believe the stereotype of this being an offline forum. Hope this article doesn't mean yall won't ding them on the review. Tired or reviewers overlooking 2ks server and online issues because the offline gameplay is so good. If 2k wants to make all of these modes online dependent. ...they should be judged according to that criteria

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

Last edited by amedawg00; 10-09-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I thought the scrutiny they received last year was pretty much properly proportional to the product. It's the biggest sports franchise, but I feel it may still pale in comparison to the likes of Call of Duty, probably by a long shot, so if COD were having those same problems, it'd make sense it'd create even more of an uproar. But 2K surely had their name dragged about last year.

Here's one titled "If You Combined Battlefield and Forza's Outages, You'd Have NBA 2K14": http://kotaku.com/if-you-combined-ba...oud-1492456387
I'm sure you're right in saying numbers wise, 2k pales in comparison to COD, as does practically every other franchise save maybe GTA. But I have a hard time believing it pales compared to say Sim City. Now this could be purely personal and due to the sites and podcasts I myself frequent. But when Sim City launched with its litany of issues, I heard multiple outlets discussing it numerous times. Even with the disparaging problems that plagued 2k14, those same media outlets largely failed to acknowledge the outcry and issues, if at all. Again, it could be the ones I read and listen to. But if this were one day to get the sort of fan outrage that say the ending of Mass Effect 3 received, then perhaps things would be different on the next iteration. Maybe.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #30
Banned

The problem is: The servers are not just slow or busy, they are just down. On PC MyTeam is just down - no matter what you do or try. What is 2K thinking? Its not like 10 Mio players are flooding their Servers on PC.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:09 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman38134
I'm sure you're right in saying numbers wise, 2k pales in comparison to COD, as does practically every other franchise save maybe GTA. But I have a hard time believing it pales compared to say Sim City. Now this could be purely personal and due to the sites and podcasts I myself frequent. But when Sim City launched with its litany of issues, I heard multiple outlets discussing it numerous times. Even with the disparaging problems that plagued 2k14, those same media outlets largely failed to acknowledge the outcry and issues, if at all. Again, it could be the ones I read and listen to. But if this were one day to get the sort of fan outrage that say the ending of Mass Effect 3 received, then perhaps things would be different on the next iteration. Maybe.
Yeah, you could be right. I didn't hear much about Sim City's online dependence because I'm pretty 2K-centric. I actually only heard about Sim's issues after all the fuss began to be made about 2K14's mega problems. I can really only speak for 2K, and I just recall a ton of articles (and threads on threads referencing those articles) popping up here last year, including refunds being handed up by 2K: http://www.operationsports.com/news/...rom-retailers/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #32
Rookie

Craxior's Arena

The only way to approach 2k releases is to expect absolute worst. Either that or just don't buy the game at all, they have been very consistent with being terrible at first for last few years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »