Home

Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

This is a discussion on Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 03:42 PM   #49
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
The joys of release window video gaming. As long as I can play my PC version in offline mode I'll wait it out.
Unfortunately, the PC version is an exact port of the PS4/XB1 version, minus the face scan feature. Meaning MyPlayer, MyPark, MyGM, etc all REQUIRE server connections to function. MyLeague and quick game/exhibition modes are the only thing not completely dependent on having the servers up and working.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:45 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDinTDOT
Kevin Durants body language says it all in the 2KTV segment.
He knows 2K is selling a $70-80 turd based off nostalgia and
I don't think he's entirely thrilled that he's on the cover of this
version.
I am honestly concerned for your safety.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #51
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Go see the credits on the game. That is not a lean team. It's priorities man. Adding 2 top engineers is not prioritizing online at all.

Maybe u right fam I guess I'm applying situations I've been in to this one, or I'm just making excuses for them. Either way I'm lost man, I just wanna play a basketball title online with friends competitively and cooperatively. That's all a brutha wants 2k !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Unfortunately, the PC version is an exact port of the PS4/XB1 version, minus the face scan feature. Meaning MyPlayer, MyPark, MyGM, etc all REQUIRE server connections to function. MyLeague and quick game/exhibition modes are the only thing not completely dependent on having the servers up and working.
MyCareer has a limited offline mode on the PC (it's shown by a "no VC" on the main menu). MyGM doesn't even say it's limited.

But I was only referring to quick games anyway - that's all I'm doing right now.

Last edited by bcruise; 10-09-2014 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 8
So EA makes a bad game with good severs and 2K makes a great game with horrible servers and then forces you to play 80% of it online smdh.. Video game bball is about dead. No reason why 2K shouldn't spend their massive profits exclusively on servers first. I could've waited a year for 2kTV, I would've survived.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #54
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
As someone who DOES work in IT, I would almost guarantee that the majority of issues are software related. Sure, there may be some capacity issues with the hardware. But that would be a case of just throwing some money at the situation and it would be resolved. After all, there are only a few hardware manufacturers out there that make enterprise wide solutions like a game hosting server farm.

The reason they can't get it working, like much of the time for NBA 2k14 and still no better for NBA 2k15, is because their proprietary, in-house software is poorly written, poorly tested, poorly de-bugged.

Gotta agree, I doubt they working off old hardware as they sell to many units and have a number of IP's under the umbrella. Remember back in 2010 when the same thing happened and people brought up COD. 2K's response was sports titles are significantly different from FPS because they track more stats!??! I remember calling bull on that one lol. I'm with you, has to be software related I can't see them having an issue with hardware or lack their of, when they have funds to easily remedy the particular issue. And like you stated not to many manufactures have RELIABLE enterprise solutions, for hosting in house. I would really like to hear why the issues are happening from a dev on that side and their resolutions thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #55
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
But that means they would have to remove VC from the game modes. And lets be honest. They wont do that.
They don't have to remove VC. They can tie the PURCHASE of VC to online. But the use of VC to upgrade attributes in MyCareer shouldn't have to pass through the gauntlet of wonky 2k servers to work. Heck, an even simpler fix would be to allow those of us who want to play MyCareer without VC to just play offline and earn "SC".

Right now, it's a crap-shoot as to whether or not your attribute upgrade in MyCareer is going to work, or kick you all the way back to the main menu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

there was no way to simulate the stress coming in? sometimes it seems like these companies just take our money and wait till people get pissed off and move on to another game and say, "guess what guys servers are up". No @#%! we are all playing the evil within now. this is the same bs gta online crap.
how you can make a game focused on modes that are almost strictly online and not take the proper precautions to make sure the product is its best condition is almost criminal. i know its only a video game but if you promise something and dont come through there should be some repercussions. the problem is they are the only show in town. if nba live could get their act together and put some heat on them i guarantee you this mess will never happen again.
they wasted alot of peoples time who were looking forward to play this game.
EA sports games work day one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »