Home

NBA 2K16 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (3-3-16)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (3-3-16) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2016, 05:42 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K16 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (3-3-16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes
Fun fact, Kawhi and Redick have a better 3pt% then Steph Curry this season. So most 3 point shot taker...sure...but best pure shooter ever....nah.
lol if you say so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2016, 06:02 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
To provide some insight, something to think about is the amount of drives a player takes. Its not quite as basic as how many fouls per game a player is averaging, but more so how often a player draws a foul when in a situation where a foul could be called. A hypothetical example: Shooting 10 threes compared to taking 10 drives, the driving player will get more fouls per game but perhaps the player shooting more threes will get fouls called on drives at a higher percentage. Its all relative
Correct - jump shots typically do not generate free throws.

However, it is still a stretch to say Curry's rating isn't a bit padded, much like a few of his other ratings.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 03-03-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:25 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 19

One of the better ways to evaluate a player's ability to draw fouls is to distinguish which possession types we should be factoring. I think we can all agree that Isolation playtype data would be the best possession type we can use as an indicator of a perimeter player's foul drawing ability.

Isolation Foul%
18.1% DeRozan
16.9% Gallinari
16.4% Hayward
15.1% Harden
14.5% Lillard
13.0% Crawford
12.6% Melo
12.4% Cousins
12.4% George
12.4% Kobe
11.8% Curry
11.5% Randle
11.2% Okafor
10.9% Wall
10.5% LeBron
9.4% R.Jackson
7.5% Westbrook
6.2% Gay
4.8% Paul
3.9% Wade
3.4% McCollum

Curry has exhibited that he is pretty good at drawing contact (especially since a good chunk of his Isos are still threes). Of course, Isolations only make up 9.6% of his possessions which is the lowest out of all the players listed. He is primarily a finesse player and a 92 DrawFoul is certainly misleading.

All in all I think DrawFoul needs a revamp across the entire league (and through testing I've found it has zero impact on sim stats), but that's a separate topic.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 03-03-2016, 07:25 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
One of the better ways to evaluate a player's ability to draw fouls is to distinguish which possession types we should be factoring. I think we can all agree that Isolation playtype data would be the best possession type we can use as an indicator of a perimeter player's foul drawing ability.

Isolation Foul%
18.1% DeRozan
16.9% Gallinari
16.4% Hayward
15.1% Harden
14.5% Lillard
13.0% Crawford
12.6% Melo
12.4% Cousins
12.4% George
12.4% Kobe
11.8% Curry
11.5% Randle
11.2% Okafor
10.9% Wall
10.5% LeBron
9.4% R.Jackson
7.5% Westbrook
6.2% Gay
4.8% Paul
3.9% Wade
3.4% McCollum

Curry has exhibited that he is pretty good at drawing contact (especially since a good chunk of his Isos are still threes). Of course, Isolations only make up 9.6% of his possessions which is the lowest out of all the players listed. He is primarily a finesse player and a 92 DrawFoul is certainly misleading.

All in all I think DrawFoul needs a revamp across the entire league (and through testing I've found it has zero impact on sim stats), but that's a separate topic.
This would be very situational to drawing fouls on iso. Once you think of all the ways someone can draw a foul it makes it more difficult to put it into one stat as a whole. Curry also gets fouled 23.7% on his drives per game this season and 25% the past 10 games. I don't watch every game of his so I don't know where he gets all his foul calls.

There is guys like harden who gets the most foul calls driving. Deroezan also drives alot and % wise he is better at drawing fouls on drives than curry. From your statistics, he's also pretty good in iso situations. So curry having a higher draw foul than deroezan is pretty much padding a popular players stat.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:58 PM   #45
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
This would be very situational to drawing fouls on iso. Once you think of all the ways someone can draw a foul it makes it more difficult to put it into one stat as a whole. Curry also gets fouled 23.7% on his drives per game this season and 25% the past 10 games. I don't watch every game of his so I don't know where he gets all his foul calls.

There is guys like harden who gets the most foul calls driving. Deroezan also drives alot and % wise he is better at drawing fouls on drives than curry. From your statistics, he's also pretty good in iso situations. So curry having a higher draw foul than deroezan is pretty much padding a popular players stat.
Agree..... It just doesn't add up. And in my opinion it makes a huge difference. Harden in this game gets so many fouls. When I play with Shaq who has a 99 rating. Gets fouled for anything in the paint.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2016, 09:32 PM   #46
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Draymond and Lowry shoot the same % from 3, but Lowry shoots a higher volume then him (as in, Lowry takes 7 3's a game and Dray takes 3 3's a game). Yet somehow Dray is 87 in standing 3 and Lowry is 84.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:21 PM   #47
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Lawson to the pacers
Old 03-03-2016, 10:29 PM   #48
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Jimmy Butler to return Saturday vs Houston

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »