Home

NBA 2K17 Trailer - "The Dream Lives On"

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Trailer - "The Dream Lives On" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-10-2016, 02:18 PM   #105
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Trailer - "The Dream Lives On"

I didn't like the 2k art after 2k11 I loved the more real smokey look if that makes sense

2k9

https://youtu.be/dZ7kL5a7Qrc

2k10
https://youtu.be/iUkD2pb0tdo

2k11

https://youtu.be/L_gdgAvC3Mc

I could live with those with updates face scans and animations
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #106
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I think part of the issue with the look of legends this gen, for some reason, has been due to improvements to facial animations. Last gen they could just focus on getting the look down for players. This gen they have worked on players emoting more through facial expressions. I think some where in this process of recreating legends faces and allowing various areas of their faces to move and become animated it has caused faces to be a bit distorted and inaccurate. Obviously with current players they can scan their faces and various expressions so they know how to accurately animate their faces. With legends they need to basically guess and manufacture how their faces would move. I know of witness instances during gameplay where a player could look great in one moment (usually when having a straight,expressionless face) and then look off or bad at a different point.

Just my speculation.
You don't need to distort a person's expression-less facial features to have accurate expressions. It doesn't really work that way. Someone creates the model and either the same person or another person will rig that model. Rigging allows the model's body part to move. You don't need to alter the model's initial facial features for rigging facial expressions.

Just look at Draymond Greens and Paul George's face and their respective emotions. Green and George still looks like Green and George. NBA2k17 Michael Jordan on the other hand doesn't exactly look like Michael Jordan.

In addition, getting a person's head and facial features proper pretty much all that is required is a side and front view and a professional 3D modeler should be able to create a properly proportioned face.

Random face rig videos from youtube.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 08-10-2016 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:37 PM   #107
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Or you're okay with this

oh man when did MJ become an MMA fighter? What's with the cauliflower ears?

all jokes aside, being a Bulls fan this killed the immersion for me that I don't bother playing with classic teams. I just stick to current teams when playing 2K.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:50 PM   #108
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
Everybody complaining about Durant's arms on twitter. I really hope they don't change them.
KD arm size/width is fine but all of the player models are missing/lacking muscle definition.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:53 PM   #109
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Yeah, saw that in the YouTube comments section, too. Hopefully 2K doesn't mess with that, they nailed his upper-body this year and with the increased attention KD will be getting now that he's on the Warriors, he's going to be a marquee player they really need to nail.

I feel like the YouTube and Twitter folks don't actually look at the players, just their stats ... which is depressing. Players are people, too.
KD has always been a marquee player smh he was the cover athlete 2 Yeats ago... All that's missing is muscle definition for all players
Old 08-10-2016, 02:53 PM   #110
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4

Can somebody tell me why we're all so focused on the little things? This is a legitimate question, and I'm not trying to sound like an *** hole, but everybody's saying stuff like:
- The crowd isn't realistic
- The jerseys aren't the right shade of white
- they're necks aren't quite long enough

Why aren't we focusing on the content or the new gamemodes? *I know 2k hasn't made it easy because they really haven't told us anything* but it seems like people are more invested in the little things we won't even notice while playing, instead of the content that will keep people playing for another few months people choose to focus on what's more pleasing to the eye when they are look at replays or whatever.

Anyway, that trailer was pretty underwhelming.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:55 PM   #111
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
Can somebody tell me why we're all so focused on the little things? This is a legitimate question, and I'm not trying to sound like an *** hole, but everybody's saying stuff like:
- The crowd isn't realistic
- The jerseys aren't the right shade of white
- they're necks aren't quite long enough

Why aren't we focusing on the content or the new gamemodes?
Spoiler

Probably because this particular trailer only gives insight on graphics and doesn't give anyone insight on gameplay or modes.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2016, 02:57 PM   #112
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Dope trailer. Body types look a little better but some players need to have more muscle definition (Pippen, Jordan, etc...)
I agree 100%

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »