Home

NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impessions - Physics, Aiming with Shot Stick & More (PopSci)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impessions - Physics, Aiming with Shot Stick & More (PopSci) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 09:17 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impessions (PopSci)

I wonder what the whole thing about moving the stick straight back means for shots that are triggered by different directions on the stick. For a drifting jumper, you had to hit right or left on the stick while moving. If you pressed down, you would get a stepback jumper.

Did they remove the different shot mechanics tied to directions on the stick, maybe?

Last edited by RyanFitzmagic; 08-22-2016 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:23 PM   #34
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I wonder what the whole thing about moving the stick straight back means for shots that are triggered by different directions on the stick. For a drifting jumper, you had to hit right or left on the stick while moving. If you pressed down, you would get a stepback jumper.

Did they the different shot mechanics tied to directions on the stick, maybe?
I'm hoping a Mike Wang blog is only days away so we can really understand all these interesting new changes.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:31 PM   #35
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
I am hopeful that some players (aggressive driving players) can create separation with the turbo button.

IRL an explosive player can launch FAST from the perimeter and if he is having success getting to the basket, defenders start over compensating. This creates separation and then pull up jumpers open up.

In previous 2K games, turbo threats are nerfed by sticky defenders as a way to reduce turbo abuse. But that's not quite what should happen.

If AI defenders are more aware and help defense is better this year, I am hopeful that they don't need to rely on "sticky" defenders to "balance" the game....
This x100.

Players aren't nearly as explosive from the stop in the game like in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 10:06 PM   #36
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Thinking about it, I kind of feel like moving the stick straight back has been a mechanic before....
Old 08-23-2016, 12:16 AM   #37
Banned

TBH all of this has my brain fried!! I like simplicity but if it expands the gameplay making it more diverse then I can adapt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 02:37 AM   #38
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4

To make the game more realistic, the team made sure you could no longer run or jump through an opposing player's limbs, which was a complaint they heard repeatedly. This also means that the ball will actually ricochet off of a player's arm or leg, making you fight for better position. The team worked on tweaking the physics of the game, allowing you to play more physically and fight for the ball like real players do.

Please let this be the end of stripping the ball through a player's knee or blocking a shot from the armpit.

Hopefully diving for the loose-ball also won't result in your player suffering a separated shoulder as we've seen in the past :P
Old 08-23-2016, 05:56 AM   #39
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Thinking about it, I kind of feel like moving the stick straight back has been a mechanic before....
It's how it is on free throws, or was at least.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:20 AM   #40
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic

Did they remove the different shot mechanics tied to directions on the stick, maybe?
A dev blog on controls will have to clear this up. I wouldn't be surprised if you had to use the buttons instead of the stick for some advanced moves. The leaked controls didn't have anything on advanced jumpers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »