Home

NBA 2K17 Defensive Settings Community Wiki

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Defensive Settings Community Wiki within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2017, 01:28 PM   #401
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K17 Defensive Settings Community Wiki

Not sure what is going on but I have a problem I was hoping you guys could help with.

Every game regardless of who it is I am playing the game sets my SF to guard the opposing team's PG while my PG takes the SF.

Now at first I just thought it was a strategic decision because I started the year playing the Hornets and my PG is not a good defender at all. So even though my SG is my best perimeter defender I thought the game was being smart and putting my weak defender on MKG (Hornet's weakest offensive threat).

But then I played the Clippers who now have Durant and my poor 6'0" sub-par defender PG was stuck trying to guard KD while my SF had Austin Rivers (Paul now on 76ers).

ACE is on and I haven't touched any option (prefer not to do that during the regular season). If I go in and manually change it the settings instantly revert back. It is causing me nothing but headaches. Is there a solution (preferably other than turning ACE off)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2017, 07:27 PM   #402
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Not sure what is going on but I have a problem I was hoping you guys could help with.

Every game regardless of who it is I am playing the game sets my SF to guard the opposing team's PG while my PG takes the SF.

Now at first I just thought it was a strategic decision because I started the year playing the Hornets and my PG is not a good defender at all. So even though my SG is my best perimeter defender I thought the game was being smart and putting my weak defender on MKG (Hornet's weakest offensive threat).

But then I played the Clippers who now have Durant and my poor 6'0" sub-par defender PG was stuck trying to guard KD while my SF had Austin Rivers (Paul now on 76ers).

ACE is on and I haven't touched any option (prefer not to do that during the regular season). If I go in and manually change it the settings instantly revert back. It is causing me nothing but headaches. Is there a solution (preferably other than turning ACE off)?

I dont think so. This is the most silly logic implemented for 2K16 and carried over to 2K17 eg. C. Paul taking KD? Lol not all teams play like the warriors with Bogut taking Allen and it only happened during the playoffs that year, and 2K put in such defensive strategy for almost every team (Pacers too)

Anyway I'm fine with manual adjustment of the Poe so Ace is off for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2017, 09:43 PM   #403
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
I dont think so. This is the most silly logic implemented for 2K16 and carried over to 2K17 eg. C. Paul taking KD? Lol not all teams play like the warriors with Bogut taking Allen and it only happened during the playoffs that year, and 2K put in such defensive strategy for almost every team (Pacers too)

Anyway I'm fine with manual adjustment of the Poe so Ace is off for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I went ahead and turned ACE off when I started a game against the Cavs and my poor PG was matched up with James.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:33 PM   #404
Rookie

TannerYoho's Arena

Do these setting changes from the original post help on HOF ? I want to play mygm, but can't seem to play competitively on HOF and superstar.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:24 AM   #405
Rookie

Does turning ACE on affect those manually edited settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2017, 11:26 AM   #406
Pro

mattpu01's Arena

OVR: 2

Screen help rules? I still can wrap my head around this. When we go to player X settings are we setting help rules for when he has ball or for when he is not involved. I know we are supposed to set for Help no rotate for shooters, and auto for non. Why? What's logic behind that? It seems what we are trying to do is not leave certain guys open? If this setting is for the ballhandler then it makes no sense. If Rondo has ball and we set to Auto which is help and rotate...How do we know that Butler won't be open somewhere?

Sent from my XT1585 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by mattpu01; 02-12-2017 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:27 PM   #407
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpu01
If Rondo has ball and we set to Auto which is help and rotate...How do we know that Butler won't be open somewhere
Set Butler to Tight or Deny off ball and set other players you don't mind leaving on Moderate or Gap.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:49 AM   #408
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpu01
Screen help rules? I still can wrap my head around this. When we go to player X settings are we setting help rules for when he has ball or for when he is not involved. I know we are supposed to set for Help no rotate for shooters, and auto for non. Why? What's logic behind that? It seems what we are trying to do is not leave certain guys open? If this setting is for the ballhandler then it makes no sense. If Rondo has ball and we set to Auto which is help and rotate...How do we know that Butler won't be open somewhere?

Sent from my XT1585 using Operation Sports mobile app
The setting is for the ballhandler. There is no way to choose different a tions on each screen setter.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »