Home

Old 08-17-2017, 12:37 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 93 Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
Are the '02 nets confirmed too? Or did Kenny Anderson just let the cat out of the bag with his 93 team?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Operation Sports mobile app
I haven't seen anything regarding the 2002 team, only Kenny's '93 tweet so far. I think folks are just speculating because of the double Grizzlies reveal yesterday.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-17-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #50
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm on board with you....

I was just telling my Indy buddy I expect to see the 2014 Pacers...unless they somehow got Reggies rights..

If I'm not mistaken, NBA playgrounds got rights to use Reggie. So if a small company like that can afford his license, 2k should be able to.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #51
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
Hope the old Nets arena is accurately represented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And with the correct lighting also. That court was one of the best looking courts in the 90s.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 12:39 PM   #52
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Hot damn!

This HAS to mean one of the Nets finals teams will be in. HOT. DAMN.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:40 PM   #53
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

I really hope we get the Jason Kidd Nets squad with Kenyon Martin and Kerry Kittles. PLEASE one time!
Old 08-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 0

I seriously think Reggie & Barkley would sue 2k if they use a team they have been on, even if they're likeliness is not in the game. No other reason to leave the 90s Suns and 90s / 2004 Pacers out. If they put in 2014 Pacers instead, that would be terrible. They have the rights to Rik Smits, Mark Jackson, Jalen Rose so bring on the 98 Pacers without Reggie! Early 90s Suns were without Barkley so just give us one of those.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:45 PM   #55
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5

2k18 is going to have alot of Drazen play😄

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 01:03 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
I seriously think Reggie & Barkley would sue 2k if they use a team they have been on, even if they're likeliness is not in the game. No other reason to leave the 90s Suns and 90s / 2004 Pacers out. If they put in 2014 Pacers instead, that would be terrible. They have the rights to Rik Smits, Mark Jackson, Jalen Rose so bring on the 98 Pacers without Reggie! Early 90s Suns were without Barkley so just give us one of those.
I don't think those guys could sue in that case. Maybe if there was a generic "Shooting Guard 31" starting at the two but otherwise, if there's not even the vaguest reference to those guys then there's nothing they can do.

In fact, 2K used to have the 1985 76ers in the game for a few years, even without Charles Barkley. However, I always had the feeling that 2K must have thought signing him wouldn't be an issue and they created the team before finding out he wouldn't appear (I think Barkley's face and members of the '93 Suns like Mark West were all eventually found on the 2K12 disc). Had they known Barkley wouldn't commit, I bet the '85 Sixers would have never happened (and they were eventually pulled after Julius Erving and Moses Malone both encountered uncertain inclusion... though Erving eventually returned).

I think 2K knows that it wouldn't be prudent to reveal a 1998 Pacers team only to immediately follow up with "But without Reggie Miller!" Some of us would take that team anyway but I just can't see that being something they could do with their own business ethos and general consumer response in mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »