Home

NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 wishlist thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #49
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

Not sure how this could work online, but at least for offline I thought it would be great to have the in-game quick substitiotion menu work like the weapon wheel in action games. You know, when you open the weapon wheel and everything slows down in the background, yet it's still happening in real time.

I think this could work well here. Players in real life don't need to worry about setting substitutions while playing, so no reason we would need to deal with subs and on-court action at the same time. This way we have peace of mind to focus on substitutions without worrying about missing out the action, yet no need to pause the game, it's all still happening in real time.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 04-08-2019, 06:45 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 0

Hoping enough of the devs actually watch the NBA and see generally across the board players are wearing shorter shorts and NBA player legs need to be longer than current player models that are in game. Hopefully 2k20 focuses showing player length more like in the images below

Old 04-10-2019, 12:29 PM   #51
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

2k really needs to bring back these two options for on ball defense from previous yrs...

Shade Stance: This was in 2k14. This allowed you to angle your defender and play lanes better. Your defender positioned himself to play his man strong to a certain side and weaker on the other side. This was a really good option for when your man was in the corner. You could just shade him toward the basline and all of a sudden he's trapped. It was also good for containing your mans strong side in iso situations or forcing him into help defense.

Quick Steps: This was in 2k15. It allowed you as the defender to quickly step in any direction and cut off angles without shuffling, or even step toward/away from your man. This was a great option cuz it limited the chances of over committing (with shuffling) and allowed you to defend in a more controlled manner. You just took one quick step and were back in your stance. You could take either little steps or bigger steps to cover a bit more ground.

They really need to bring back these options. Why make the defense more limited by removing them? No idea why they moved them smh.

Last edited by WarMMA; 04-11-2019 at 09:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2019, 09:48 AM   #52
Rookie

The 2K devs need to put way more emphasis on how the league will look 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 10 years in to a MyLeague:

I am so sick and tried of having to buy the game late, as I really can't enjoy it before the player community have developed realistic rosters, draft classes etc. Without these, playing MyLeague is an absolute ****show a couple of season in.

I'd like for 2K to create a realistic experience where trades makes senses, where teams don't sign big contracts for over-the-hill players, bad fits etc. Where a free agent, who no team has been willing to sign, will lower his contract demands in order to actually land on a team, so that we won't see good 78 and above (honestly as high as 90 overalls) being without a team for entire seasons.

My biggest wish for 2K20 though is organically developing tendencies...

Tendencies should progress naturally.

If a young player develops in to a star, he should have the ball more in his hands, take more shots etc.
- Take a guy like Jayson Tatum as an example. Currently, he doesn't get that many touches. But down the line, he will develop in to a relatively high overall player with great scoring attributes. His tendencies stays the same though and doesn't reflect his attributes, so he won't ever be a high scoring player.

If a superstar is past him prime, and doesn't have the speed and athleticism he used to, he shouldn't be trying to drive to the basket constantly.
- Take Lebron as an example. I'm currently playing a MyLeague where Lebron has now retired. During has last few years in the league, he had gotten slow and lost his explosiveness. However, he was still trying to drive to the rim and finish. When looking at his actual attributes though, he should be a power forward operating from the post, from where he can both score and assist.

Solution: When you edit his tendencies, each of the stats could have "cap" for high how it could potentially be when the player is at his peak. Fx. the shot tendency could be at a current value of 80, but a potential value of 99. It would then develop gradually along with his actual attributes. The potential values could even be transferred to the attributes as well, so a players could have a current driving layup attribute of 88, but a potential of 95. It would make the players develop so much more realistic, and would free us players of downloading unofficial community rosters and sliders in order to have an enjoyable experience.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:40 PM   #53
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeawayJay
The 2K devs need to put way more emphasis on how the league will look 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 10 years in to a MyLeague:

I am so sick and tried of having to buy the game late, as I really can't enjoy it before the player community have developed realistic rosters, draft classes etc. Without these, playing MyLeague is an absolute ****show a couple of season in.

I'd like for 2K to create a realistic experience where trades makes senses, where teams don't sign big contracts for over-the-hill players, bad fits etc. Where a free agent, who no team has been willing to sign, will lower his contract demands in order to actually land on a team, so that we won't see good 78 and above (honestly as high as 90 overalls) being without a team for entire seasons.

My biggest wish for 2K20 though is organically developing tendencies...

Tendencies should progress naturally.

If a young player develops in to a star, he should have the ball more in his hands, take more shots etc.
- Take a guy like Jayson Tatum as an example. Currently, he doesn't get that many touches. But down the line, he will develop in to a relatively high overall player with great scoring attributes. His tendencies stays the same though and doesn't reflect his attributes, so he won't ever be a high scoring player.

If a superstar is past him prime, and doesn't have the speed and athleticism he used to, he shouldn't be trying to drive to the basket constantly.
- Take Lebron as an example. I'm currently playing a MyLeague where Lebron has now retired. During has last few years in the league, he had gotten slow and lost his explosiveness. However, he was still trying to drive to the rim and finish. When looking at his actual attributes though, he should be a power forward operating from the post, from where he can both score and assist.

Solution: When you edit his tendencies, each of the stats could have "cap" for high how it could potentially be when the player is at his peak. Fx. the shot tendency could be at a current value of 80, but a potential value of 99. It would then develop gradually along with his actual attributes. The potential values could even be transferred to the attributes as well, so a players could have a current driving layup attribute of 88, but a potential of 95. It would make the players develop so much more realistic, and would free us players of downloading unofficial community rosters and sliders in order to have an enjoyable experience.
I'd really like to see the 2K devs create 20 or 30 years of fictional draft classes that we can download. Madden 13 or 14 had it and it was so cool. I genuinely felt like I knew the prospects way before the draft. This way 2K could put out classes that work with ML and have some interesting players for us to look forward to in later years.

Another thing, they should take cues from College Hoops 2K. I'm in 2019 in my Legacy. The commentary is generic and not very good to be honest. But it gets the job done and more importantly it's not confined to the current players. The anecdotes and interviews are cool for the first year or so. After that, they are more immersion breaking than anything. I'd rather they just cut those lines after a few years if it can't be dynamic and account for what has happened.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-11-2019, 06:43 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I'd really like to see the 2K devs create 20 or 30 years of fictional draft classes that we can download. Madden 13 or 14 had it and it was so cool. I genuinely felt like I knew the prospects way before the draft. This way 2K could put out classes that work with ML and have some interesting players for us to look forward to in later years.

Another thing, they should take cues from College Hoops 2K. I'm in 2019 in my Legacy. The commentary is generic and not very good to be honest. But it gets the job done and more importantly it's not confined to the current players. The anecdotes and interviews are cool for the first year or so. After that, they are more immersion breaking than anything. I'd rather they just cut those lines after a few years if it can't be dynamic and account for what has happened.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah, the other day I was playing a game with the Nets. The years was probably 2025 or something. The Nets had drafted in the lottery for quite a few years and traded away their current core for studs. So they actually had a really good young team, who were definitely on the verge of being considered a superteam. And then, during the pregame warmups, the reporter is talking about how the Nets are still struggling from the Celtics trade where they gave away all their picks.......... It's not a major dealbreaker to me personally, as the presentation and general quality of kind of keeps the game "alive" for me in a way, but yeah. Would be nice if it could be a bit more generic past year one or two.

The idea with draft classes is really nice I think! The auto-generated ones are just plain laughable and will completely ruin any save.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:53 PM   #55
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Public all star team up.

Having your cpu have common sense on offense and not try to get defended by not spacing the floor. Bring back space the floor option.

More and better animations in and around the rim for standing layups, driving layups.

Better footplanting, weight and momentum. Fix warping.

Shooting from 5 to 6 feet behind the line should be less consistent.

Make animations for shots defended around the basket, and not just the invisible box around a standing defender dictate makes and misses.

Training for each aspect of the game (defense, how to use screens, post offense/defense, floor spacing etc), that way your fanbase can get a sense how basketball is played, instead of going into online games with no awareness or feel for how basketball works, or even how the game works in general.

Makes and misses need to be more sensible and balanced, ie i dont want to see players drilling 50 footers with a better % than wide open attempts right under the basket.

O and make it so you can play with all the teams in play now online, maybe an un ranked mode or something, instead of having to work your way up a leader board unlocking teams.

Last edited by olajuwon34; 04-14-2019 at 08:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2019, 10:46 PM   #56
Rookie

Retro filters from 2k12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »