Home

Old 10-15-2021, 12:18 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WNBA Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Thank you for sharing this info!!! This is clutch. I've been wondering this for a while. Which makes me suspect....I honestly think the games are completely different. If not sliders are changed definitely something is definitely different from the NBA game. But you are right about the ratings being different. I've been playing the Finals match up right now (chi vs phx). Brittney is a beast. The logic for double teaming is the same for the NBA. She gets double on the catch in the post because she a mismatch. I love it
Yeah Griner and Candace Parker have been toasting me. I might look at the ratings though to see how they compare. I wish the NBA game played like the WNBA game.
Old 10-15-2021, 02:06 PM   #18
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzz
Definitely interested Duke! Any chance you can share the roster before yo move onto ratings?
Yeah forsure, I got about 20 players to go on face fixes and then gotta finish accessories. I did some light ratings edits already for ratings that are egregiously wrong lol. Like for example, Sabrina Ionescu has 93 speed and 93 accel and theres no way shes on that speed tier with Deshields, Jordin Canada, Danielle Robinson or Skylar, thats just not her game. I'll be basing my ratings off shot location and shot type stats, true shooting, rebound, block and steal percentages and physicals just based off film since thats about the only thing I can go on. Sigs are gonna be the tricky part for me though in all honesty.

Quote:
Yeah Griner and Candace Parker have been toasting me. I might look at the ratings though to see how they compare. I wish the NBA game played like the WNBA game.
Theres a few fundamental differences and similarities. Like the WNBA and NBA have both undergone the 3pt revolution, like just this year the Liberty broke the season 3 pt record while using a tweener forward at 4 in Michaela Onyenwere. You see this playing out in the finals where the Mercury have more traditional post players whereas the Sky feature perhaps the most skilled playmaking 4 in Candace Parker alongside Stevens and Dolson who are both 3 pt threats. While the NBA seemingly revolves around guard play the WNBA revolves around superstar 4s who can score inside and outside like Stewie, CP3, Wilson, etc. Bigs are generally rated with higher post moves and these mismatches hurt a lot more than in the NBA game. Unlike the NBA, the DPOY will toast you in the post.

As far as athletic attributes go, vertical is the big difference. There's a vert range between 60-78 for most players where Diamond Deshields is an outlier at 87. I think there might be a few other wings who fit in that in between range like Gabby Williams, Britney Sykes, Izzy Harrison perhaps. Speed and accel ratings arent so overly exaggerated, theres only a few outliers above 90 in this regard. I honestly think they did a good job with athletic ratings for the most part.

Last edited by Slooty2k; 10-15-2021 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-16-2021, 08:22 AM   #19
Pro

Ragnar53's Arena

I think 2K had a patch for WNBA season mode. There's an option to play WNBA Online League with Friends. So it is possible to play real teams online, you just have to make a league to do it.
Old 11-03-2021, 05:31 AM   #20
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Definitely interested Duke! Any chance you can share the roster before yo move onto ratings?
Just an update, I just finished all the created face player edits, all accessories, shoes and sigs for each player. Contracts are also fixed, rotations are set as well and vitals have been touched up. I highly suggest using different playbooks for quick play or whatever since the default WNBA playbooks are super outdated since they seem to be based on tbe 2019 season. My roster is uploaded and live on series X but I will be moving onto ratings and tendencies. I touched some physical attributes but basically most of the other 2k ratings are the same. So if you're interested in downloading the roster please do so soon as I expect to have another roster update in about a week. You can check out the roster thread in rosters but I'm also leaving the information here as well.

GT: Coltrane RFA
Roster: Slooty2k 2021

Last edited by Slooty2k; 11-03-2021 at 05:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »