Home

(PS3) Bedwardsroy19's Ultimate Rosters

This is a discussion on (PS3) Bedwardsroy19's Ultimate Rosters within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #1449
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: (PS3) Bedwardsroy19's Ultimate Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliad
I just don't understand the desire for 100% accurate accessories, mainly because it isn't even possible. I've watched Wizards games where Andray Blatche starts the game with his headband on and comes out for the second half without it.
Exactly!

I've seen guys start games with knee braces or straps and come out after half without 'em.

I've seen Kevin Martin start games with one pair of SHOES and come out after halftime with a different pair on!!!!! I swear! lol. I actually watch each game with a piece of paper and pen and after writing down the change, had to cross it out after halftime! lmao.....

Probably one of the league's biggest superstars in Kobe Bryant is notorious for wearing different shoes and accessories.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:12 AM   #1450
MVP

Schoene503's Arena

OVR: 7

I have always wanted to say this..... "And now we wait..."
Old 03-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #1451
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Bed your work so far has gone above and beyond. You don't owe us anything brotha.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #1452
theenemy's Arena

OVR: 8

Bed, if you decide to invest more time for the roster file, please skip the accessories, playbooks etc. Just a consistent roster with all player ratings done will do - the rest can be done manually anyway.

for those who are asking him to finish this
1 team - 45 minutes
30 team = 22.5 hours - to do this over the weekend he basically needs to work 10hours+ shifts

Please upload the latest as the last version so everyone can take it from there.

Last edited by theenemy; 03-02-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #1453
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by theenemy
Bed, if you decide to invest more time for the roster file, please skip the accessories, playbooks etc. Just a consistent roster with all player ratings done will do - the rest can be done manually anyway.

for those who is asking him to finish this
1 team - 45 minutes
30 team = 22.5 hours - to do this over the weekend he basically needs to work 10hours+ shifts

Please upload the latest as the last version so everyone can take it from there.
This is the best way to explain it. Normally it would be fine and I would just do it, but I have been extremely disappointed with the association glitches that have ruined two of my associations. I finally get a chance to actually play and then find out the unfixable problems with association mode is frustrating.

That minute math is what most people don't understand though. To be honest, for the first release I spent at the very least, 15 minutes on every single player on a team (even the guys at the end of the rotation, superstars I would spend closer to a half hour on), and thats not even counting the sim/gameplay tests, thats just editing alone. So thats about 225 minutes a team or 3.75 hours (minimum, superstars made it longer) multiply that by 30 teams and you are looking at about 113 hours, not even counting every player in the FA Pool which took longer than most people would think. Tack on 6 releases that each of which took much longer than everyone would think. Like I said, it was just me.

By no means am I asking for pity or anything from you guys, I am just hoping to let people understand why there is a little bit of frustration with the game at this point.

Its frustrating because there are things it is impossible to fix because we are on PS3, but its most frustrating that there are things that its impossible to fix on both Xbox and PS3 because of the ungodly amount of glitches that have been found in association mode and my player.

I wont let the project die, I just need a day or two to think about my future plans with it.

You guys have been awesome the entire time throughout the project. Extremely supportive and understanding, and that goes such a long way with me. Very thankful for all of you guys and the support.

Last edited by bedwardsroy19; 03-02-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #1454
theenemy's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
but I have been extremely disappointed with the association glitches that have ruined two of my associations. I finally get a chance to actually play and then find out the unfixable problems with association mode is frustrating.
Can you explain what the problems were? I did not touch the offline association yet so I am not aware of the problems - if it's unplayable I'll just go back to my watch-the-game-on-TV, play-it-on-Nba-Today (if it works) routine.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #1455
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by theenemy
Can you explain what the problems were? I did not touch the offline association yet so I am not aware of the problems - if it's unplayable I'll just go back to my watch-the-game-on-TV, play-it-on-Nba-Today (if it works) routine.
A lot of the fixes are there with good rosters and draft classes, but some unfixable things:

In the second year of multiple franchise that I have had, had ridiculous records for teams. 9 games into the season the game had the Lakers as 21-21 even though they were 6-3. Its random which teams get screwed, so as long as its not one of the better teams you probably wouldnt care all that much, but it still ruins the actual results of the season.

Game also does not accurately give you your team stats. Not a game killer though by any means.

The game only allows you to use a certain number of draft classes before you have to use generics.

After my first season I played, I played the Finals game 7 and it froze every time at the end of the game, and made it so it had to be CPU simulated to advance.

There are others, these are just a few that particularly rubbed me the wrong way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #1456
Pro

OVR: 6

Why did you scale down touch tendency across the board? If what you`re saying about future draft classes is true the generic classes will have higher touch tendencies than the players on your default roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »