Home

NBA 2K9 Review

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Review within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2008, 10:52 PM   #41
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NBA 2K9 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenGlove
I'm starting to get pissed with the whole, "Adjust sliders" argument. Please stop giving 2k a reason NOT to fix the default sliders.

I don't want to have to sit down infront of this game and adjust sliders for hours just for the game to play realistic. I want the damn game to play realistic out of the box. Stop giving 2k a cop out. The default sliders are a joke. Only reason I'm even talking about the sliders is because I have been forced to play offline against the CPU who is cheap as hell. If I could play ONLINE it wouldn't be as bad.
but the main issue isn't sliders, it's ratings, and it takes less than five minutes to download a roster that is far superior to 2k's. That roster will give you a realistic game without a slider adjustment. If 2k is going to go through the trouble of making a fully customizable game, along with an online system that allows you to share those customizations, I don't see what the complaint is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #42
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Instant classic. This game is not for the faint of heart. Playing of HOF level requires so much attention to detail, especially with regard to staying in front of your players. Frankly, playing the CPU is not my cup of tea, but I have resorted to offline play as preparation for online battles against cheesers and sim ballers alike, given the atrocious state of 2K servers. I have found more success containing superstars with the new lock on d system that incorporates shading than I did with the exploitative lock on d system found in 2K8. The touch passing and give and go's along with the ample player movement makes calling plays inconsequential, and I love it, as it allows you to play more intuitive and instinctive basketball. The court spacing has been finally fixed and sharp shooters and role players that can shoot are the difference betweens winning and losing if utilized correctly. This game caters to those who have basketball knowledge, not in terms of knowing how to run plays, but more importantly, what players have the ability to do what. In less than a week, I have grown very comfortable with the Jazz's offensive schemes and personnel to the point where I am dominanting online games against so called top flight competition, that is after spamming the quick match button, given the woeful servers that 2k currently employs. You will not master this game in a week, just as you did not master 2k8 in a week. Stop manipulating the sliders and just get better at adapting to the AI if you think it is too hard.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #43
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenGlove
I'm starting to get pissed with the whole, "Adjust sliders" argument. Please stop giving 2k a reason NOT to fix the default sliders.

I don't want to have to sit down infront of this game and adjust sliders for hours just for the game to play realistic. I want the damn game to play realistic out of the box. Stop giving 2k a cop out. The default sliders are a joke. Only reason I'm even talking about the sliders is because I have been forced to play offline against the CPU who is cheap as hell. If I could play ONLINE it wouldn't be as bad.
Think about it.
When 2k is made, they dont think about how "Goldenglove" wants to play the game. They have to select a niche to run with. The are SO many different views on sim out there. Thats why they provide sliders to tweak the game to your liking. Some people LOVE the game out of box....does that make them wrong b\c you dont?

Just think about it man....not trying to be argumentative
Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

dude NBA Live is a pretty good game I have no problems with it other than u can score inside unrealistically and it sucks I lose games right at the end cuz all they got do do is pass it in the post press square then they win

http://talkinboutsports.proboards.com/index.cgi?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:56 PM   #45
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
but the main issue isn't sliders, it's ratings, and it takes less than five minutes to download a roster that is far superior to 2k's. That roster will give you a realistic game without a slider adjustment. If 2k is going to go through the trouble of making a fully customizable game, along with an online system that allows you to share those customizations, I don't see what the complaint is.
very, very true....
people see a fire... and choose to ignore the buckets of water put there for them, so they can complain instead....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 10:58 PM   #46
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
very, very true....
people see a fire... and choos to ignore the buckets of water put there for them, so they can complain instead....
It's really baffling at this point, man. I mean, with 2kshare I don't get it. Last year, I could get it, but now you're just a couple of clicks away from a great, great basketball game. At this point, I'm more than content to shut up and let people whine while I play my favorite bball game ever.

Once they have the 5-on-5 working properly online, I am as happy as a virtual bballer can get.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 8

people are saying sliders will help when it really doesnt at all. yea it will change the outsome of soem game stats but most if not all the time its all bs. Seeing how the cpu is focused to score in the paint for some reason. Iv downloaded 4 sliders and tested them out and played with the same team against the same team and the same results happen with the cpu not knowing its possible to shoot a mid range jumper and only focus to score in the paint and shoot 3s that dont make sense at all. Only a Patch can save this game like the patched for madden that made it 10x better
Old 10-13-2008, 11:08 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4
sickest nba game on the planet ryt now

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »