Home

Old 10-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #65
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Without having played the game, the reaction to this review sounds very mixed...kind of in line with our NCAA review this summer. Some people said the bugs in the game precluded such a high score (8.5) for NCAA while others were absolutely loving the game. I think from what I hear, the Gameplay is pretty stinking good as far as the realism goes and such, hopefully the framerate issues are fixed in a patch soon (as well as the online stuff).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 11:45 AM   #66
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K9 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kjunkie
I agree with the review and I also give the game a 9/10.
pretty much
Old 10-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bears5122
That's fine. While I think a week should be ample time to fix those server issues, who knows. I was simply pointing out that the lack of online should significantly lower the score of the game. Sure offline is great, it always has been. I'd give it a 9/10 easily. But offline is about as close to a 0 as you can get right now.

The video game world is all about online these days. The most popular games are almost all online based. To have a game come out without online, while it's competitor has it, should somewhat shrink the gap between the two companies. And I'm greatly critical of EA, but I think they have gotten the shaft a bit this year. Their game has improved, and their online is superior to 2K. So I think they should be given more credit for that and be put at least on equal par with 2K9 until the online issues get sorted out (if they ever do).
Just because they improved Live doesn't put it on par with 2k, far from it actually. Live was WAY behind 2k, and while it has improved, it still isn't anywhere near the game 2k is.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:26 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 5
every ear this game The Best Baskettball Game I Ever Played...this year is no exception....

we all the know that the online world isnt a perfect world...why judge somn if its not running at its best when it eventually will?.......

if it were running perfectly right now i'd give a 9.5. good review
Old 10-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Without having played the game, the reaction to this review sounds very mixed...kind of in line with our NCAA review this summer. Some people said the bugs in the game precluded such a high score (8.5) for NCAA while others were absolutely loving the game. I think from what I hear, the Gameplay is pretty stinking good as far as the realism goes and such, hopefully the framerate issues are fixed in a patch soon (as well as the online stuff).
I don't what people define as realism but 2K9 is about as unrealistic as you can get unless you consider outragerous shooting %'s from the league's worst shooters, AI berzerker mode for off rebounding and spinning 15 foot jumpshots realistic. It's not just the bugs online that are a problem the whole offline AI is broken and sliders don't have much of an effect. But nothing beats the great feeling that you know you're going to lose a game halfway thru the 1st quarter when Jamario Moon is 5\5 on 3 pointers.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 10-14-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #70
Rookie

NBA players start feeling it, go on runs. I haven't seen outrageous offensive rebounding, but I have seen turnaround, fadaway 3s being drained on me. 2k9 is the best, most realistic game we have been given yet, plain and simple.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulZweber
NBA players start feeling it, go on runs. I haven't seen outrageous offensive rebounding, but I have seen turnaround, fadaway 3s being drained on me. 2k9 is the best, most realistic game we have been given yet, plain and simple.
Well let be more specific, how about the lazer like passes from the PG thru 3 of your guys in the paint every 3rd play, the alley oops where the guy starts at the 3 point line, the constant back door cutting where your AI teammate forgets to follow him half the time (how do you defned against that?) or how about where you play the same team twice with the exact same defence scheme and the 1st game they'll shoot 42% and the next game they shoot 72% with the same sliders because your AI teammates have brain cramps all of a sudden. If you mean realistic that they all look good, maybe, but it does not play realistically at all, at least not with any sliders i could find and this site is full of people who agree with me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 05:07 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Well let be more specific, how about the lazer like passes from the PG thru 3 of your guys in the paint every 3rd play, the alley oops where the guy starts at the 3 point line, the constant back door cutting where your AI teammate forgets to follow him half the time (how do you defned against that?) or how about where you play the same team twice with the exact same defence scheme and the 1st game they'll shoot 42% and the next game they shoot 72% with the same sliders because your AI teammates have brain cramps all of a sudden. If you mean realistic that they all look good, maybe, but it does not play realistically at all, at least not with any sliders i could find and this site is full of people who agree with me.
Well, any of my passes going through 3 people ALWAYS get stolen, I haven't been able to get an alley-oop to work, I have only had one cpu alley-oop against me in a week. In the NBA, when teams play, do they shoot the same percentage every game? No way in hell! If they did there would be no competition. I agree that the FG percentage is high, but it goes both ways, and I think it is to keep scores more realistic. I play 8 minute quarters, and average around 100 points a game. Seems pretty realistic to me. I have only used default sliders with no problems. No one plays the same every time they play, that is human. To make a teams FG % 40% every game would be incredibly more unrealistic than having hot and cold nights. If other peoples sliders aren't working, you can try editing your own. I haven't had problems, so I most likely won't be doing that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »