Home

NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Audio

This is a discussion on NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Audio within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #169
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10 Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
It really doesn't matter whose fault it is, Sony or 2K. I'm not sure why some of you are dismissing people's anger with the situation when they have every right to be mad. They're paying the exact same as everyone else so they should get the exact same game. It's really not that complicated.
Good point.

Also, why won't we be talking about Alicia Keys anymore? Just curious.

Finally, I also like what they said about the commentary. That's really impressive.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:26 PM   #170
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
ok so what happens if Live does the same thing...having this feature only for 360 and not on the PS3? What then? If you look at the release date for their Demo the PS3 demo doesnt come out till a week later. The combine came out first then PS3 later on....Are you PS3 fans not seeing a trend at all?

I really dont think the blame should be put on EA nor 2K at all....
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
in that sense the blame is on sony of course, i'm not defending sony at all!and i'm not defending Live neither, i love nba 2k games man.
But for me there're different issues the release date of a demo and a different final version of a game (a simple port from 360 without some features). I don't know why you take it so personal bc i'm only tryin to defend something that i consider legitimate. i understand all american 360 users that think:"****! here is this dude cryin again..." since they have everything that can be asked for, but try just to imagine you are in the other shore, would you just assume it and don't say a word??
I've been listening to this whole issue. I just have one thing to add. We see that 2k hasn't added custom audio to the PS3 users. It can be quite frustrating indeed. Although I'm a Xbox360 user, so it doesn't have an impact on me.
I can say though. It seems like the 2k team has tried to play fair with all Operating Systems (OS) although, they do have to follow certain rules with these companies. MrNoobie pointed out an interesting fact when he said "If you look at the release date for their Demo the PS3 demo doesn't come out till a week later. The combine came out first then PS3 later on..." This makes for an interesting point because every PS3 fan made a huge uproar with the release date being a week behind the Xbox360 OS. After a while, news came down from the 2k team on this issue and was thoroughly explained as to why such dates where assigned. Was this true honesty on the 2k teams part? I think so. Why wouldn't they want all gamers to experience DC at the same time? Well wouldn't this fall in the same category as this custom audio? It could be possible of what Pared said about the feature being a last minute thing. You have to realize that 2k is out for the customers interest in all they do. From upgrading the game and building a new mode for the game: "My Player", to taking this game and creating it to something like "NBA Today". Most features displayed in the game are in the game because of the customers discretion. Now with that in mind would you really be lead to believe that the 2k team meant to really eliminate the PS3 users and risk them going to EA because of a custom audio feature not being in the game? Definitely not
Old 09-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #171
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
It really doesn't matter whose fault it is, Sony or 2K. I'm not sure why some of you are dismissing people's anger with the situation when they have every right to be mad. They're paying the exact same as everyone else so they should get the exact same game. It's really not that complicated.
True.

This is where 2K does things badly. They should have someone at their forums on explaing why the 360 are getting it / the PS3 isn't. If you explain why, people tend to accept things.

When you don't...people get pissed off and then speculation runs rampant with posts here already along the lines of "they can't be bothered / they value 360 owners more" etc etc.

Just explain why. Pretty simple.

Because, ultimately, you're going to ask the guy with the PS3 to pay the exact same amount of $$$ to buy your game...so you've got to let that guy know why he's not getting as much bang for his buck as the guy buying the other version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #172
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
True.

This is where 2K does things badly. They should have someone at their forums on explaing why the 360 are getting it / the PS3 isn't. If you explain why, people tend to accept things.

When you don't...people get pissed off and then speculation runs rampant with posts here already along the lines of "they can't be bothered / they value 360 owners more" etc etc.

Just explain why. Pretty simple.

Because, ultimately, you're going to ask the guy with the PS3 to pay the exact same amount of $$$ to buy your game...so you've got to let that guy know why he's not getting as much bang for his buck as the guy buying the other version.
well you pointed out fight night 4. did EA give a reason for not having custom music on the ps3?

truth be told you paying 60 dollars to what the ps3 offers for that game, this is not new in the gaming industry. if you been a gamer for 5+ years then this shouldnt be new information to ya. take madden 06, the ps2/xbox has way more features then the 360 version but people still cough up 60 dollars. you can they rushed the game but the truth be told you paying 60 dollars for what the console offers for that particular game.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #173
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
well you pointed out fight night 4. did EA give a reason for not having custom music on the ps3?

truth be told you paying 60 dollars to what the ps3 offers for that game, this is not new in the gaming industry. if you been a gamer for 5+ years then this shouldn't be new information to ya. take madden 06, the ps2/xbox has way more features then the 360 version but people still cough up 60 dollars. you can they rushed the game but the truth be told you paying 60 dollars for what the console offers for that particular game.
Good point. The game play wasn't even the same in the new OS's. I no I bought the game and was disappointed. Took it to Book & Music Exchange and got something else lol. Anyway, it does say a lot about the Dev. Teams stand on their games. Look at Madden 10. Media Hype for nothing rofl
Old 09-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #174
Banned

OVR: 14
smh....With them ignoring PS3 users like this its going to get to a point where we just not buy the game and support live.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #175
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibe3zy
smh....With them ignoring PS3 users like this its going to get to a point where we just not buy the game and support live.
well we will chuck up the dueces for you..... enjoy live
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #176
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Live will be releasing the demo for 360 on Sep 10 and for PS3 Sep 17.

I think it has more to do with the PS3 just being a difficult product as opposed to the 360.
NO! I will not change this until Lakers get to Western Conference Finals!!! Friday, Oct 13, 2006 (It is raining hard) 8:14pm 30sec (Check)

NO! I will not change this Until Lakers Are 2008-2009 Champs! Friday, Oct 3, 2008
(Check)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »