Home

People with frame rate issues

This is a discussion on People with frame rate issues within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Have you enabled/used custom sounds?
Yes 13 15.48%
NO 71 84.52%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: People with frame rate issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromo50
Question? I just bought the game for 360 should i take it back for a copy on PS3 because the first post said no frame rate problems on PS3 let me know please
From everything i've read i would definetly say yes. I don't know the specs off hand for both machines, but i think the PS3 has more ram or processes more ram. Whatever it is it appears the PS3 definetly handles this game MUCH better than the 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #66
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Pared you might be able to help me here. Even after i turn off fatigue etc and leave the names off i still see a ring and a meter the meter is annoying the heck out of me as well as the framerate

I am baffled
Old 10-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #67
Banned

I'm just throwing this out there but here are some things i've read that might help.

-Turn off zoom in the key

-Zoom out to 3 or less on broadcast cam

-turn off ticker and also disconnect from the internet

-Try playing in normal screen instead of widescreen.(I can't remember who or where this was posted but he said this completely fixed the problem.)
Old 10-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #68
Rookie

kromo50's Arena

OVR: 11

anyone played it on PS3, just need to know if it has the framerate issuse bc there is no way in hell i am playing this game again in broadcast camera. i want fucing 2k cam. i am so pissed to find this crap out 2 years in a row to have lag come on 2k sports game suck again

Last edited by kromo50; 10-06-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #69
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

This is ridiculous. I decided to cancel my pre-order until 2K patches this mess.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #70
Banned

Kromo, i can assure you that this is WAY more of a problem on the 360. I have been reading up on this today here at OS and at the 2K board(they have a sticky for this problem) and ALL of the complaints are for 360. I did read one, and i mean one complaint from a PS3 guy and it was just a minimal issue and nothing like the issues on the 360. If i had a PS3 i would be playing it right now.

Here is another topic from this board.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...te-issues.html

Here is something from the IGN PS3 review that was just posted at the 2K complaint thread that might help you also.

One other significant issue that crops up is slowdown within 2K10, which can ruin your timing as you try to set up your offense and run your plays. If you're passing around the perimeter or taking jump shots, this is essentially fine, but once you head into the low post, the game can frequently drop its framerate so badly that the timing of your cuts to the basket can be affected and you can even lose track of the ball. This can be extremely detrimental when the framerate picks back up, allowing your opponent to have an easy score. This really stood out on the 360, and while the PS3 didn't have the same frequency of slowdown, it did have random pauses and broadcast overlays that could stay on the screen, obscuring where ball handlers were.

Last edited by Pro Bowler; 10-06-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #71

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1210
This is ridiculous. I decided to cancel my pre-order until 2K patches this mess.
I'm coming from really enjoying the My Player mini game and looking forward to the complete game, but I am not spending another $60 on a game that is broken out of the box. Whether it be EA, 2K or any other game publisher, this nonsense of games not working properly after we pay for them is not acceptable. Throw in the already bad lag being reported in the onine team play and this title is a major let down.

Such a shame.

Last edited by DaveDQ; 10-06-2009 at 06:49 PM. Reason: I put a comma where it didn't belong!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #72
Rookie

sacballa's Arena

OVR: 4

has anyone tried to clean their cache? heard that was the problem

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »