Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Now Available, Post Impressions Here (PC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Now Available, Post Impressions Here (PC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2010, 12:31 PM   #25
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Now Available, Post Impressions Here (PC)

After good testing i can say now that :
- The big men shooting 3's glitch is without any doubt non existent in the pc patch.
- Cpu D seems even more intelligent (i have ps3 version too)
- Shooting success sliders even at default 50 give great realistic FG% for both cpu/human (on ps3 i had to tone down shooting success for cpu at 43/43/45/49).Now at 50 cpu misses open j's!!
- PiP are greatly reduced.
- Assists are significally reduced.
- On Pro difficulty the only slider change i made is on ball D for cpu at 30( i don't like constant on ball reaching by cpu because gives me the opportunity to easily drive to the basket), stamina at 47, durability at 60. injury severity 60,commit fouls for hum at 100,dunks in traffic at 15 for both cpu/hum.
- Nba rules 100,80,60,85,100 and you're good to go pc users.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Better D across the board from the CPU. My only niggle is that my NPC Defenders were still getting moments of brain-death, leaving a whole lot of backdoors for the CPU. But it just feels more physical. I actually fouled out Lopez. There were a lot more collision in the paint and a lot of foul calls that I don't remember pre-patch. I also was struck by how many more fighting over/around picks animations that I don't remember seeing play out pre-patch. I'm really digging a lot of little stuff that I'm seeing. The player movement still isn't like NBA Live, IMO. But much more true to life. If I got a three, it was from ball movement and my player running off of a pick. Still a few quirks, but really a great game of B-Ball now.... Gonna play some more later, to make sure that I'm not doing the "placebo effect." But, after one game, I'm inclined to say, "no, it's really a lot better!"
Thanks, I appreciate it. Sounds good to me. Although I don't expect every little detail to be ironed out, I'm looking forward to cranking it up once steam puts it out. Good deal tho.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #27
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

After getting the PC Patch (Yes, finally!),

I've noticed that superstars are more aggressive and are looking to score more often! (That was my biggest concern and they fixed it!)

It is also harder to drive in the lane now, and I haven't seen too many bullet passes into the paint for an easy 2.

The only concern that I have now is that the Sports ticker is at the bottom of the screen even if I change the option to "No" (it's blank)

But the patch makes the game feel a lot better and much more realistic! Good Job 2K! Hopefully they release the patch for 2K11 earlier next time!
Old 03-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #28
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Just FYI, edited original post w/ a little more info.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 12

Anyone bothering trying the My Player game mode?
Old 03-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

The european edition of the patch finally came out, but now after I installed it, the game crashes after I press start at the start screen and everything has loaded. Somebody else got this problem?
Old 03-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aTTckr
The european edition of the patch finally came out, but now after I installed it, the game crashes after I press start at the start screen and everything has loaded. Somebody else got this problem?
Disconnect your internet and play offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Selling my 360 copy, back to the PC version. gonna be a sexy spring break hahahaha, been playing college hoops 2k8 non stop for the last several months but it may be over now

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »