Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

I just hope it's not super easy dunking with MJ on the entire team... It's way too easy to use turbo and dunk in 2K10. I'm hoping 2K adds mid-air collisions such as a slap of the arm/hand and defense is a top priority(particulary help defense/help the helper/team defense).

With specific historic playbooks, Jordan should play like himself but I hope he won't be cheesy.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:57 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
I gotta vent...

#2: Heed other people's warnings guys: quit talking about NBA Elite or you'll get this thread closed. I mean how hard is it? Just don't bring Elite up. Easy

#1: These are JORDAN moments here. Quit complaining about missing teams. Maybe NBA 2K19 will have boney Reggie Miller on the cover, and you can play with him and knock yourself out against Houston and the Suns, or push Jordan, hit a three, and jump around like you just got your first school-yard kiss. And like someone posted, those teams might be unlockable or DLC. But as for now, be happy.
Alright man, but I know the Devs read these forums...so it's important to say what you want to see in the game instead of just praising it on end.

It's good they are adding classic teams, so of course once they did do that people are going to ask "Where is X?" and while they may be unlockable we really don't know that. It's harmless to ask on a forum "Where is the 2x Championship Rockets?"
Old 07-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
man i really hope they fixed up Larry Bird player model...i mean damn...it didnt even look like him...
Yep Birdman was horrible and I the others are brand new and cleaned up .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #76
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Thank YOU 2K!!!! I have been waiting and asking for years for you guys to put classic teams in the 2K Basketball games. Im really also hoping with the 2Kshare system that the game will allow us to upload and share more classic teams onto the game. Fellas we haven't heard what improvements and additions are in the regular game modes and 2K is already showing us some really good stuff.
Yes Thanks 2k for forcing $60 more out of my tight wallet. Talk about pulling out the stops and when you said big announcement this time, you meant it. Thought I'd stick with 2K10 again this year but I have to have this game!
Old 07-22-2010, 11:00 PM   #77
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Weird that they didn't mention Magic:

I would assume that Magic is like the first name that would be mentioned (as he's in the 1991 Lakers, his last season before the first retirement). But it may be just a random little list.
Magic is in 2K10, I don't see why he won't be in 2K11.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 07-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Magic is in 2K10, I don't see why he won't be in 2K11.
Righto, though sometimes there's been legends in one year, then gone the next. However, I believe I read that all starters for the retro clubs are accounted for so we should be all set in that regard.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 16

1995-96 Seattle Supersonics

Greatest team ever!!!

Also, I wonder if Jordan will have his "switch-a-roo" move
Old 07-23-2010, 12:13 AM   #80
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Honestly.....how the expansion 95/96 Raptors did not make the list is beyond me. They beat the Bulls during there historic 72 win season !!

This is a travesty.......

Just kidding.....LOL.

But all this classic team info is amazing !!!! Hopefully we can roll with classic teams online.

Great work guys !

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »