Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 06:46 AM   #97
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

Of course can't wait to play with the my Celtics of old, the Bulls and the Lakers...but just hit me the thought of dishing it out with Spudd Web and throwing it down with Nique...wow. Hope they have some of his dunks and style in the game, ok im wanting this game now. Like said before hope the gameplay matches all this greatness in the game
Old 07-23-2010, 07:29 AM   #98
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Honestly.....how the expansion 95/96 Raptors did not make the list is beyond me. They beat the Bulls during there historic 72 win season !!

This is a travesty.......

Just kidding.....LOL.

But all this classic team info is amazing !!!! Hopefully we can roll with classic teams online.

Great work guys !
He made the last shot which gave him a reason to ask for a replay if it counts or not, but he just walks away and accepts the defeat. The Man.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #99
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

You know I wish they had one of the Pacers teams from the 90's. Rick Smits, Reggie, Mark Jackson(which prob wouldnt be possible cause of ea),Davis. Man It would make my geeked out-ness triple. Id prob end up playing 90's Pacers vs 90's knicks all day lol.

Is that a final list or are there still some more teams to be announced?
Old 07-23-2010, 08:10 AM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by airjoca
He made the last shot which gave him a reason to ask for a replay if it counts or not, but he just walks away and accepts the defeat. The Man.
That is why he is my favorite player after all.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 2
I really hope they have the classic stadiums too, and wheres the bad boy Pistons from the 80s, be awesome playing at the Silverdome for a Pistons Celtics game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 08:30 AM   #102

OVR: 34

We have to keep in focus that this is not a "legends" game. The inclusion of these classic teams is an added peripheral to what is a modern day, present NBA video game. There are a lot of potential classic teams and match-ups I'd like to see, but I understand that's just not going to happen.

After a while though, we are going to start seeing comments like, "Ok, how about present day teams. Please tell me you nailed their signature shots etc." I think 2K is wise in introducing this information in the earlier insights. This leaves room for further insights to touch on the core of NBA 2K11. I think it's a great start though. We still have the revamped broadcast presentation, plans for online etc.

It's gearing up to be a very exciting title.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by apManila24
This is a great list so far. They need to have the 1999-2000 Lakers and the 1993-1994 Houston Rockets. The Dream vs Shaq in their primes... that wud be ****. Hopefully the old 90's teams r wearing the short shorts.
Did you even see a game from the 90s? Nobody wore short shorts except John Stockton.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #104
MVP

OVR: 15

The Dream had already demolished Shaq when they met in the 1995 Finals. Im still alittle surprised that there are two Utah Jazz teams, but ohwell. Man I wish they had put either the 92 or 93 Knicks in the game. Those playoff series where great - I want to see some of this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PjqM...eature=related

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »