Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Either way, people will never be satisfied.
QFT. It's amazing to see people on the 2K boards BEGGING for Jordan for years. And then they're given him along with some classic teams....and they're reaction is mainly "That's big news? Talk more about Combine and blah blah blah". Some people will NEVER be happy.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #130
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
I agree with you 100%...but that shows you how much people love classic rosters. PC players have been enjoying this since 2K9, because of modding. I think this issue can be remedied, if 2K blows out the customization in 2K12 and future NBA 2K titles for the PS3 and 360.
Unfortunately, it's not up to 2K, it's up to Sony and Microsoft. Not sure if consoles will ever have the customization possiblities of the PC...well, at least not on this generation.

Sure, everyone would like to have endless possibilites for CAP and stuff, but I'm sure there's a limit to what the console version can give you.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 07-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #131
Pro

OVR: 3

I was looking through pics of the Bulls because of the nostalgia factor that all these news are bringing and came across this:

The 95/96 Bulls. Where are the tatoos?

Dennis Rodman was the "freak" back then, nowadays theres one or two "freaks" per team that DON'T look like Rodman. How times have changed...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #132
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Back in the 80's and most of the 90's, your game was your mouth - not your tattoos/hairstyle.
Shame on Kukock

Great photo...As you can see - the "more important" guys are sitting down. But who could have done it without Wennington making a wide-open mid range jumper when MJ was double-teamed?

ZX Spectrum
Old 07-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #133
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by airjoca
The 95/96 Bulls. Where are the tatoos?

Dennis Rodman was the "freak" back then, nowadays theres one or two "freaks" per team that DON'T look like Rodman. How times have changed...
To each his own, man. These freaks may or may not hurt the image of the NBA, but it doesn't take away from the game.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #134
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

HA, Jud Buechler is on that pic...lol

Guys look all young on there too, look at Steve Kerr, Jim Clemons doesn't even have hair anymore, and yeah all of that emo tatoo stuff wasnt the norm in the nba at one time.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #135
Rookie

OVR: 5

I would love to see the 1994-1995 Orlando Magic on there, with the infamous "Nick Anderson stole the ball from Jordan" moment(Jordan's 1st playoff's back from retirement). Well I guess that would take away from the "postitve" Jordan moments in the game. I hope atleast for one of those mid-90's Magic teams w/ Shaq, Horace Grant, Dennis Scott, Nick Anderson and Penny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #136
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousAtticus
I would love to see the 1994-1995 Orlando Magic on there, with the infamous "Nick Anderson stole the ball from Jordan" moment(Jordan's 1st playoff's back from retirement). Well I guess that would take away from the "postitve" Jordan moments in the game. I hope atleast for one of those mid-90's Magic teams w/ Shaq, Horace Grant, Dennis Scott, Nick Anderson and Penny.
Looking back, I'm not sure Anderson would go for the steal. Being swept in the finals...maybe he would have preferred the Bulls playing in the finals, and having a hard time vs. the Rockets.
And MJ's revenge the following year - sweeping the Magic...

ZX Spectrum

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »