Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #137
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

Had MJ come back about a month or two earlier he would've been reflexive enough that the steal wouldn't have happened..... anyhow yeah I'd like to see that PHX team and the ORL team
Old 07-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #138
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Guys, the historic teams are about MJ, it's not about having every classic team. So why would 2K give you the option to play 2 teams that had nothing to do with MJ's Bulls?

* Unless, of course, there are more surprises, but I doubt it. In order to add more teams it means chasing down more players and more rights and more money and more time. Either way, people will never be satisfied.
Youvalss, can you PLEASE get on top of a mountain with a microphone and say this?!

I'm not saying this is MJ2K11, but if this was all about YOUR classic team, MY classic team, HIS classic team, THEIR classic team, etc, they would've had about 5 Hall of Famers on the cover. This is The Jordan Challenge, not The Hall of Fame Challenge. Is it that hard to understand? I know some people want Houston, Phoenix, Jackie Robinson's Brooklyn Dodgers, Jim Brown's Cleveland Browns, Wayne Gretzky's Edmonton Oiler's and all others on the game, but give it a rest.

I know I sound like a jerk, but I don't mean to. I'm just saying Jordan's on the cover--not 10 Hall of Famers.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #139
Rookie

DR.Psych's Arena

OVR: 1

I hope a 90s Indiana Pacers team and a Miami Heat team will be available. It would be a lot fun to re-play a Pacers vs. Knicks and Heat vs. Knicks.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #140
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.Psych
I hope a 90s Indiana Pacers team and a Miami Heat team will be available. It would be a lot fun to re-play a Pacers vs. Knicks and Heat vs. Knicks.
The Heat might not be on there bro (I mean as a future announcement/unlockable one). This is not ESPNClassic2K11.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #141
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
Marketing Jordan will work on the casual fans, who are the large customer base for 2K, but it isn't working for me. Classic teams, different era Jordans just seem like one big marketing ploy that will make the game remain stagnant.

OS users have been creating classic teams, players and in the case of PC gamers, jerseys and stadiums as well. What 2K is doing all bull ****, in my opinion.
You have no clue what you're talking about.

If 2k left the game as is and only added the Jordan challenge and classic teams, then MAYBE you'd almost have a point, BUT they didn't.

No details have been released but they have been working on improving the gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 07:02 PM   #142
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

One thing that I don't remember reading about: Let's say, I play one of the challenges in this mode, but as the OTHER team. Is MJ going to try to go for his achievement? I mean, If I play As the 1992 Blazers, will MJ try to make 6 straight 3-pointers against me?

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 07-23-2010, 07:17 PM   #143
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0

Wow. So Clark Kellogg was just recently named vice president for player relations for the Indiana Pacers.

Is this a sign of new commentator(s)?
Old 07-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #144
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by V!n$an!+y
Wow. So Clark Kellogg was just recently named vice president for player relations for the Indiana Pacers.

Is this a sign of new commentator(s)?
Nice find. But it says:

Quote:
Kellogg will continue to work as a television analyst for Pacers games and as the lead college basketball analyst for CBS Sports.
http://blog.taragana.com/sports/2010...asting-120489/

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »