Home

How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

This is a discussion on How's Your Association Going? (2K11) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-18-2010, 03:51 AM   #1865
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjr_
Ok So I've Set Up 3 Realistic Chicago Bulls Teams. Which One Do You Guys Like, Think Is Better, Think Is More Realistic etc. Also feel free to give adjustments comments.

Team w/ Melo:
Rose, J.R Smith, Melo, Boozer, Noah

Team w/ Iggy:
Rose, Iggy, Brewer, Boozer, Noah

Normal Team w/ SG adjustment:
Rose, SG(anyone rumored to come to CHI), Deng, Boozer, Noah

Thanks in advance.

team with Melo or Normal team, Iggy aint much of a upgrade over Deng

NBA:Chicago Bulls
NFL:Dallas Cowboys
MLB:New York Mets
NCAA:Uconn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 03:56 AM   #1866
Rookie

OVR: 3

Bulls Association.

dont feel like making any major moves. been playing will with this team.

Rose
Brewer
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Carl Landry
JR Smith
Jordan Farmar
Damion Jones
Korver
Kurt Thomas
Scal
Nikki Moore

NBA:Chicago Bulls
NFL:Dallas Cowboys
MLB:New York Mets
NCAA:Uconn
Old 12-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #1867
Rookie

dazpoo23's Arena

OVR: 7

Bucks Association
"Fear the Deer"

Season
In my second season now, finished the season 42-40(playing a week, simming the next), injuries kept us down at the start of the season but we pushed through the playoffs. Traded Redd to thunder for N.Collison M.Peterson, for morale reasons.

Season Roster
Jennings/Doolings/D.Jefferson(dleague)
Salmons/Delfino/M.peterson
Maggette/Hobson
Moute/N.Collison/Sanders/Brockman
Bogut/Gooden

Playoffs
Beat the Hawks in six and then Knicks in five, so we made it to the Eastern conference finals, but the heat swiftly ended our progressive season. Lakers ended up trumping Miami.

Off-Season
Re-sign Mbah a Moute at 2.5mil/yr (plan on using at SF spot more this year

Draft
No major trades were made by us in the regular season, we had 17th pick, but there was no great difference in talent, so I traded down for 25th pick exchanging my 17th, and two '11 2nd rounders for the mavericks '11 1st, and '12 1st.
With the 25th pick i draft Valanciunas, 6'10 center from Lithuania my euro Bogut who i had my eye on as a prospect.
n.b. Barnes went to Minny, Perry Jones ended up in Washington, Irving went to Toronto, Kanter to Philly.

Free Agency
My key objective going into the season was to get better and younger, even though we made the conference finals, most of the production was from an aging roster.
I had around $8million in cap room heading into free agency 7.83mil of that was consumed signing Thaddeus Young onto a $36mil, 4 year contract. This was the major acquisition of the off-season. Young would provide youth and much needed athleticism while maintaining solid perimeter D.
Signed Tony Allen of waivers for min contract to solidify my perimeter defense, also got DeAndre Jordan 8mil/ 4yr deal to give a presence inside.

Trades
A big weak spot for me last year was at back-up PG, I tried to pursue Dragic but was unobtainable, so settled for J.J.Barea, unfortunately i had to give up both Dooling and Ilyasova to the Mavs for Barea and their 2nd rd rookie Malcolm Delaney.
To pad out the whole at SG i signed Stackhouse, again.

Heading into 2011-2012 Season
here's my roster...

Jennings/Barea/Delaney
Salmons/Allen/Stackhouse
Thad.Young/Maggette/
Gooden/MbahaMoute/Sanders/Brockman
Bogut/D.Jordan/Valanciunas

Looking forward to the regular season.

dazpoo23, CultGame.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #1868
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjr_
When bringing Melo to CHI, who would be a good, realistic compliment at SG. I'm only willing to trade Bogans. I'm thinking T-Mac or J.R Smith. Any other realistic options? (Not really looking for a big stat guy, I already have three scoring options)

If I can't get this guilt feeling out I'm just gonna go normal bulls roster w/ shooting guard addition.
Ronnie Brewer, you already have enough scoring out of Rose, Booz, and Melo. (assuming you still have all of them)
Old 12-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #1869
MVP

OVR: 13

anyway around this freezing problem? I have seen a few people post but haven't really followed the answers. Trying to advance and the game keeps freezing at the next game.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #1870
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39

Debating on whether I should start an all 30 teams Association, with more trade rumors coming up I want the correct rosters but also don't wanna have to restart every time there is a trade.

Also I never want to see Carmelo in a Pacers uniform.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #1871
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

Ima start a new Association with the Cavs in the Post Lebron Era!!!

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #1872
Rookie

OVR: 2

About to start an association, don't really know who to be. I have 4 ideas, though.

I like to rebuild and to have a pretty difficult time doing it. It gives me a goal that wont be too easy to reach and will provide a good amount of longevity. I also will try to keep it as realistic as possible.

Four options for teams at the moment: Toronto, Detroit , Denver, Cleveland

Toronto - I am a big fan of Jerryd Bayless since watching him some in HS and a good bit in college, also really high on DeRozan. Just a bad team in general with few if any great future pieces, and they do not really have any trade rumors brewing up atm, which wont leave me with many pieces to make rebuilding too easy aside from the likely high draft pick, which i intend to use on a big man who can legitimately play center and anchor the interior D while moving Bargnani to PF, having him play a Dirk style role and creating something that could be called interior defense

Detroit - Actually taking this team into the rebuilding mode they should be in. Trade out Rip and Prince to keep it as realistic as possible, likely for expiring contracts seeing as Detroit is not a bad market at all and a big acquisition in free agency is more likely than the other teams. I would also try to develop around Greg Monroe to an extent as my big man.

Cleveland - not much to build upon currently, not make really any trades aside JJ Hickson who they are talking to teams about atm. Will most likely try to build from the draft unless I see someone young with potential i cant refuse. Wont pursue any big name FAs first offseason seeing as who wants to come to a small market team with no pieces ready for a championship.

Denver - this might be easier to rebuild, but it will be fun and I want to move Melo to the Knicks sooo bad. Will take something like Gallo, Randolph, Curry, and a 1st or something like that. Dish out Billups as well as if Melo is gone he most likely is as well as they will be going into rebuilding mode and give Lawson a lot of minutes to develop him. My main idea to get rid of Billups is to dish him out to Atlanta for Jordan Crawford, Jeff Teague for a backup point, a 1st and some fillers so i can pull it off, if I can pull it off. Giving ATL a lineup of Billups, Johnson, A SF idk atm, Smith, and Horford with Crawford as the 6th that i think could push for a Conference Final appearance and maybe the Finals with some luck. Other options are Charlotte who are looking to make a move atm, and maybe the magic for a trade with Orton involved but that is unlikely in my opinion. This would put me in total rebuilding mode with some decent prospects, a good one in lawson, and a couple of 1sts seeing as no way does denver reel in a big FA, plus i get to move Melo to the Knicks which I both really want to see and also likely to happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »