Home

How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

This is a discussion on How's Your Association Going? (2K11) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #1873
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noles4ever
anyway around this freezing problem? I have seen a few people post but haven't really followed the answers. Trying to advance and the game keeps freezing at the next game.
Mine freezes after I use the "Save and exit" feature during games. It will then freeze after I've loaded up that game and got into around the 4th quarter. Does this happen to anyone else?
Old 12-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #1874
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

OVR: 2

Decided to put my Orlando Magic association on hold for a while and try to build the Minnesota Timberwolves as I am loving Kevin Love right now.

I made a couple of trades to get my future center and to also get rid of a player on the team who I'm not too fond with.

Timberwolves trade:

Corey Brewer,
'11 2nd round pick,

Clippers trade:

DeAndre Jordan,
'11 2nd round pick.

Then it was to get rid of a player I'm not fond of in Jonny Flynn.

Timberwolves trade:

Jonny Flynn,

Suns trade:

Steve Nash,
'11 1st round pick.

Timberwolves trade:

Sebastian Telfair,
'12 2nd round pick,

Thunder trade:

Thabo Sefolosha.

Please let me know if I screwed over the AI and I'll try to rectify it by sending over other bits, if I have been screwed over then don't worry as it's whats best for me.

The line-up now consists of;

PG - Steve Nash / Luke Ridnour / Sundiata Gaines,
SG - Wesley Johnson / Thabo Sefelosha / Wayne Ellington,
SF - Michael Beasley / Martell Webster / Lazar Hayward,
PF - Kevin Love / Jeff Pendergraph / Anthony Tolliver,
C - DeAndre Jordan / Nikola Pekovic / Kosta Koufos.

Currently sitting 2-0, notables include - W.Johnson ( 22.5 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 3.0 SPG, 3.0BPG ), Kevin Love ( 22.0 PPG, 14.5 RPG ), Steve Nash ( 22.0 PPG, 13 APG ).

With the two first round draft picks I'm looking at Kyrie Irving to replace Nash in the future and perhaps either Enes Kanter or Perry Jones to boost the front court.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #1875
Rookie

OVR: 2

So I've been running with the Mavs and currently sitting at 21-9 a game and half ahead of the lakers and 2 ahead of the thunder for 1st in the west. I've been getting a pretty good mix of games against the better teams I've had some real close games a couple games ago I got blown out by the Heat at their homecourt, i had beaten them earlier in the year.

Dirk is an absolute monster once you master his shot he can score from anywhere on the court im averaging 29 a game with him hes also grabbing about 8 rebounds. Ive also been able to start using Caron Butler a lot more I've increased his minutes a lot because of an injury to Marion. Both these guys are great defenders for me although Marion is very unhappy right now. J Kidd is close to a double double w 11 ppg and 9.3 assists. I have Terry coming off the bench for me hes third in scoring for me with 12.5 ive tried starting him but he seems to do better when coming off the bench. Also the last 3 games ive been able to get 25,9,21 points out of him hes a nice guy to come off the bench as he has some pretty good speed. I just traded Steve Novak, Ian Mahinmi and Brian Cardinal to the Bulls for Kurt Thomas about 3 games ago this has turned out to be great for me i hated having Cardinal come in for Dirk but Thomas can actually get some things done offensively also his contract is up after this year. This is my first year playing 2k bball and im loving it
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-thornton.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 04:24 PM   #1876
Rookie

luby3131's Arena

OVR: 6

I decided to rebuild the Cavs, as they needed to totally change the team after LeBron left. I'm currently in the 2013-2014 season.

2010-2011
Started off ranked as then 27th best team in the league, with 79 overall Antwan Jamison as my best player. Obviously not exactly ideal. I started siming and my team took it's rightful spot in last place. By the time the trade deadline was here, we were dead last in the entire league. I started the fire sale by trading Antwan Jamison and Mo Williams to the Kings for Omri Casspi and their 1st round pick (a lottery pick). Then I traded Anderson Varejo and Joey Graham to Golden State for Dan Gadzuric and Vladimir Radmonovic's expiring contracts. I finished it off by sending Jamario Moon and Boobie Gibson to OKC for Nenad Kristic's expiring contract. The end result was J.J. Hickson and a bunch of scrubs. Finished the season dead last, with a 20-62 record, and J.J. Hickson was my leading scorer at... 11.9 PPG. To top it off, LeBron James was the MVP of the league, and the Heat won the championship with him winning the finals MVP. In the off-season, I accepted the team option on Omri Casspi, and waived Ryan Hollins and Ramon Sessions, leaving me with only Hickson, Casspi, Samardo Samuels, Manny Harris, and Christian Eyenga. The draft lottery went to the Clippers, so my horrible season was rewarded with the #2 overall pick. The Clips picked UNC's Harrison Barnes #1, so I picked Perry Jones out of Baylor #2. Miluakee then suprisingly selected Alec Burks, a Sg from Colorado #3, so I traded J.J. Hickson and the #9 pick (from Sacramento) to Toronto for Solomon Alabi and the #4 pick, which I used to select my franchise Pg Kyrie Irving from Duke. I finished the draft by getting a steal in Purdue Pf JaJuan Johnson with the 1st pick in the 2nd round. I signed Shannon Brown, Patrick Beverly, Matt Barnes, and Joel Pryzbilla in free agency, and my team was set for 2011-2012.

2011-2012
I started off ranked a little better at #24 in the power rankings, thanks to my new superstar tandem of Sf Perry Jones and Pg Kyrie Irving. Jones was my best player at 81 overall. Sg Shannon Brown, C Solomon Alabi, and rookie Pf JaJuan Johnson filled out the rest of my starting line-up. I started simulating and I was hanging at a little under .500 until January 4th. My season was crushed when Kyrie Irving tore his MCL and was done for the rest of the season. The best moment of the season happened the next night though, as Perry Jones threw up a career high 51 and led us to victory over the Celtics. He carried us to 5 straight wins, posting a double-double in each before the loss of Irving kicked in. The trade deadline came and went and I made no moves, except signing J.J. Barea on Feb. 23rd to be my de-facto starting Pg. We ended up finishing the season 35-47, with Perry Jones making his 1st all-star appearance, leading the team with 26.7 PPG, being named to the all-rookie 1st team, and winning rookie of the year. JaJuan Johnson was also named to the all-rookie 2nd team. LeBron won the NBA's MVP, but Tony Parker was the MVP, as the Spurs won the championship. In the off-season, I accepted the team options on JuJuan Johnson, Solomon Alabi, and Omri Casspi, but declined on the ineffective and unhappy Christian Eyenga. I re-signed J.J. Barea (2yrs/$9.45M), Patrick Beverly (2yrs/$4.13M), Samardo Samuels (2yrs/$3.69M), and Manny Harris (2yrs/$9.07M). I got the 8th overall pick in the draft, and selected Sf LeBryan Nash from Oklahoma State, who I envisioned to be a swingman sixth man. In the 2nd round, I got a steal with 7'0" Brazilian center Lucas Nogueira. Then, I made a huge splash by swiping restricted free agent Eric Gordon for the Clippers with a monster 5yr/$83.57M contract. Undrafted big men Augustus Gilchrist and Xavier Gibson were also signed to give my team some big man depth. I was expecting a possible playoff birth in 12-13.

2012-2013
Optimism was in the air as my Cavs team was ranked at 19 in the pre-season power rankings. Perry Jones was still the top player, and improved to 88 overall. Kyrie Irving was still a few weeks away from recovering from that torn MCL, but J.J. Barea was a capable back-up. We started off hot at 4-1, but struggled a little before Irving came back. But he couldn't help. We continued to lose 5-6 games in a row, and it was obvious a trade was needed. At the deadline, we traded Omri Casspi and Manny Harris to Orlando for C Marcin Gortat, hoping he'd give us some grit on the inside. We also signed Al Thorton to fill the extra roster spot. Unfortunatly, it was too little too late, as we finished 13th in the conference. Perry Jones led the team wit 19.2 PPG as Eric Gordon and Irving both but up double digits. Jones was named to his 2nd all-star game and was named to the All-NBA 3rd team. LeBryan Nash also proved to be a solid contributer, but was hurt for parts of the year. In the off-season, I decided to keep coach Byron Scott as there wasn't anyone better than him available. I alos accepted the team options on Jones, Irving, Johnson, and Nogueira. I let Alabi walk, and prepared for the draft. With the 8th pick, I picked Sim Bhullar, a monstorous 7'5" 301 lb. center from Canada (and yes, he's a real person, he's currently a junior in hs. google him). I then traded Shannon Brown to Houston for the Luis Scola and the #10 pick, used to select Nevada HS prodigy Sg Shabazz Muhammad. I then trade J.J. Barea for the #32 pick, and selected Sim's younger brother, 7'3" 276 lb. Tanveer Bhullar (also a real person, a sophomore in HS. feel free to google). I finished off the draft by selecting USC's Nikola Vucevic, a stretch 4, with the 39th pick. I had 17 players at this point, so I cut Marcin Gortat and Samardo Samuels to get me down to 15. My team was finally ready to roll.

2013-2014
The team is ranked #10 in the power rankings and is led by Perry Jones at 90 overall. My starting line-up consists of Irving, Gordon, Jones, Johnson, and Sim Bhullar. I played the 1st game of the season, and we blew out Utah by 19 points. Perry Jones led the way with 26 points and 13 boards, while Sim Bhullar chipped in 16 and Shabazz Muhammad added 15 in their NBA debuts. I'm currently playing the 2nd game of the season against the Bucks, and at the half Eric Gordon is leading the way with 12 points, as we're up 53-44.

I'll get back to you guys after this season. Let me know what you think!

My Roster
Pg Kyrie Irving 86/ Patrick Beverly 60
Sg Eric Gordon 83/ Shabazz Muhammad 76
Sf Perry Jones 90/ LeBryan Nash 79
Pf JuJuan Johnson 68/ Luis Scola 73/ Nicola Vucevic 64/ Amir Johnson 63/ Xavier Gibson 62 (D-League)
C Sim Bhullar 74/ Tanveer Bhullar 68/ Lucas Nougueira 66/ Agustus Gilchrist 64 (D-Leauge)

Last edited by luby3131; 12-18-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #1877
Rookie

OVR: 4

5-2 with the Bobcats (29 Games Assoc.)

Huge mistake already. My plan was to go for a top 5 pick (a PG would be nice) and trade 32 year old Jackson at the end of the season for a nice young Center. So i sent 2 scrubs and 1st round pick for Toronto's 2011 first pick. The thing is, this team has a lot of talent, Jackson and Wallace are such beasts! DJ, Marbury and Livingston handle the PG spot just fine, and Tyrus Thomas can produce a double-double every now and then. Derrick Brown is a nice shooter, Mohammed a solid defender and even Henderson can beast on a good night...
Old 12-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #1878
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0

I just forced the Magic-Suns-Wizards trade through that just happened, and maybe I'll play some games as the Magic, or the Bulls.

The 2 games I played were very close and had put me into making clutch free throws.

Last edited by J-Clutch1; 12-18-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:44 PM   #1879
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Wow I'm 7-1 with the Cavs and I killed the Celtics by almost 20pts. It's actaully easy to beat Boston if you know who to guard and who to leave wide open. It also helps that I know all of Bostons plays. Besides that game all my other games have been hair pulling hard. I made only 1 trade so far and got Travis Outlaw as my starting SF. Can't give away JJ since he's actually good in this game if you know how to use him. His potential needs to be jacked up to a C. Been watching him improve so much over the last couple of years and can guarantee he'll be an all star before his career is up.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #1880
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

In what may be a career night or the start of something special D-Leaguer Chris Jennings who was signed to a 1 year contract by the Miami Heat and an after thought so far this season had a night to remember.

I have never seen anything quite like what he did in a 4th quarter for the ages.

Chris Jennings a 6'6' undrafted shooting guard from St Johns dropped 53 points on the leagues top team The San Antonio Spurs. The Heat were looking for payback from an earlier road loss to the Spurs and boy did they come out and just hammer them.

Final score Heat 133 (by far a season high) Spurs - 106

The Heat raced to a big 65- 44 half time lead. Lebron James paced the Heat at that point with 17 first half points. But going into the 4th quarter the heat led 95-67 and let the entire bench get some work.

Enter Chris Jennings who shot 21-32 from the field including 11-16 from 3pt land. Seriously the kid was so hot I just kept going to him the entire quarter. It was amazing. I was lol as this unfolded. Wade got a nice rest today as Jennings at least for a day carried the load for this Heat team.

Jennings undrafted is a 60 overall and has a very nice outside shot as well as a good first step to the hoop. The Heat may have just uncovered a true diamond in the rough.

I have not had such a huge offensive game like this with my team. This was a major outburst and this team is really starting to peak here late in the season.

After losing to Chicago on the road the Heat has reeled off 5 straight wins at home beating:

Chicago
Portland
Lakers
Memphis
San Antonio.

The Heat are 45-22.
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23