Home

How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

This is a discussion on How's Your Association Going? (2K11) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #3153
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
Are you going to bring Ellis off the bench?
Oh no, if I acquired him I would obviously have him starting but during games I can have the option of always leaving either Durant, Westbrook or Ellis in the game so that one will usually always be in at all times. That way I do have the go-to option if nobody else is firing.

Plus, with all three in the game at once it would be harder for the defence to shut me down, they double team Durant I still have two great scoring options and it should help with gaining a big enough lead that when and if I did rest all three at once it may not be as disastrous as first thought.

Freak123 - I know it wouldn't be legit and fair in real life terms, I was thinking more along the lines of the trade being fair in the 2K world.

The team would look like;

PG - Westbrook/Maynor,
SG - Ellis/C. Lee,
SF - Durant/D. Wright,
PF - Ibaka/Jeffries,
C - Aldrich/Kristic.

I do have other minor players but that's the rough side. If this season doesn't work out I will have $25m worth of cap space to add in the off-season. Currently 34-21 though and have played near on every game bar five or six.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #3154
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_NBA_x
Oh no, if I acquired him I would obviously have him starting but during games I can have the option of always leaving either Durant, Westbrook or Ellis in the game so that one will usually always be in at all times. That way I do have the go-to option if nobody else is firing.

Plus, with all three in the game at once it would be harder for the defence to shut me down, they double team Durant I still have two great scoring options and it should help with gaining a big enough lead that when and if I did rest all three at once it may not be as disastrous as first thought.

Freak123 - I know it wouldn't be legit and fair in real life terms, I was thinking more along the lines of the trade being fair in the 2K world.

The team would look like;

PG - Westbrook/Maynor,
SG - Ellis/C. Lee,
SF - Durant/D. Wright,
PF - Ibaka/Jeffries,
C - Aldrich/Kristic.

I do have other minor players but that's the rough side. If this season doesn't work out I will have $25m worth of cap space to add in the off-season. Currently 34-21 though and have played near on every game bar five or six.
i think you could of got jordan hill from the rockets if you waited to make that trade later on in the year. i say that because he get mad cause of his role so his value would of went down. what iam trying to is that move him to center and u get alot more from him then from aldrich
Old 02-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #3155
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaone08
i think you could of got jordan hill from the rockets if you waited to make that trade later on in the year. i say that because he get mad cause of his role so his value would of went down. what iam trying to is that move him to center and u get alot more from him then from aldrich
I've had him before but I'm going to try and make Aldrich become one of the most dominant centers in the NBA within the next few years. On this update ( Rashidi's ) he does have the potential and is pretty solid on the defensive end, currently averaging 6.5 PPG, 11.6 RPG, 2.2 BPG. All I need to do is work on his offensive game and as he gets older his defensive skills will improve too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #3156
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_NBA_x
I've had him before but I'm going to try and make Aldrich become one of the most dominant centers in the NBA within the next few years. On this update ( Rashidi's ) he does have the potential and is pretty solid on the defensive end, currently averaging 6.5 PPG, 11.6 RPG, 2.2 BPG. All I need to do is work on his offensive game and as he gets older his defensive skills will improve too.
i see you want a dominant big man just like i do well that why i gave up on my other associations and just started one with the magic. that why i can build around him
Old 02-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #3157
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just started an association with the Magic, made a few trades and a few signings and got this;

PG | Gilbert Arenas (Starter/81) - Jameer Nelson (6th Man/75) - Chris Duhon (Bench Warmer/69)
SG | Jason Richardson (Starter/75) - J.J. Redick (Role Player/67)
SF | Mickael Pietrus (Starter/72) - Marvin Williams (Role Player/66) - Adam Morrison (Bench Warmer [IR]/54)
PF | Jason Maxiell (Starter/72) - Louis Amundson (Role Player/64)
C | Dwight Howard (Star/92) - Daniel Orton (Prospect/60) - Steven Hunter (Bench Warmer/56)

Decided to bring Pietrus back because I suck with Turkoglu, he moves too slow, can't make shots, can't defend, and has no upside (in the game not irl.) Pietrus can hit the outside shot, defend very well, and dunk on just about anybody. Marvin Williams is a bigger SF who is a decent prospect and Jason Maxiell I just prefer over Brandon Bass. Brought in Steven Hunter who can basically play the exact same role as Daniel Orton if he ever gets hurt. Should be interesting.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #3158
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaone08
i see you want a dominant big man just like i do well that why i gave up on my other associations and just started one with the magic. that why i can build around him
Oh yeah, the Magic are my favourite team and I love dominating with Howard. Just thought I'd go with a team that has young talent and a dominant scorer like Durant.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #3159
MVP

OVR: 4

I am 4-6 now. I switched to new settings and sucked a big one @ home against Charlotte.

I have a question, my entire team is like negative. Is this morale based? I have some thrilled players who are not plusses. What gives?
Old 02-12-2011, 04:54 PM   #3160
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm thinking about using the Bobcats. I usually keep things 100 % sim and realistic but I've had an itch to throw Jordan on the team to spice things up a bit.

I would probably use the '97-'98 version of him. What do you guys think?

I know it's my game and all and I should do what I want, but I'm horrible at making decisions... I'm leaning towards just going through with it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »