Home

How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

This is a discussion on How's Your Association Going? (2K11) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #3129
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amare
I'm the Knicks and am playing a 29 game season (1 game in the Play-offs) 12 minutes with the Purist(s) sliders

I wanted to keep the game as realistic as possible so haven't blown up the roster or made any big FA signings.

I traded Roger Mason for Sacramento Kings' 2nd Round Pick in 2011 during the season as Mason was unhappy with playing time.

I went 17-12 in my first season and had some really good games, and some really bad games.

I went to the Play-Offs and beat The Celtics but lost to the Number 1 seed Pacers as I had a terribe game with turnovers (making them and failing to cause them)

Year One Roster

PG: Raymond Felton ( 13pts / 2.5rebs / 6.5ast / 2stl )
SG: Landy Fields ( 13pts / 4.5rebs / 3.5ast )
SF: Wilson Chandler ( 15pts / 5rebs / 1.5ast / 1blk / 1stl )
PF: Amare Stoudemire ( 22pts / 7rebs / 3ast / 1.5blk / 1.5stl )
C: Ronny Turiaf ( 6pts / 4rebs / 1blk )

6: Danillo Gallinari ( 18pts / 6.5rebs / 2 ast / 1stl / 1blk )

I was number one in Team Blocks, Team Steals, 3PT%

Gallo and Amare were in the Top 5 for FT% as was Toney Douglas for 3PT%

Year One Off-Season

I re-signed Bill Walker to his $971k Team Option and Ronny Turiaf accepted his $4.9m Player Option

I didn't go for Melo in FA as I was doing well with Wilson Chandler and had a good rythm with his shot, so I penned Chandler to a 5 year $63m contract and I aim to build around Amare and Chandler for the next 5 years

I traded Anthony Randolph for Roy Hibbert straight-up. I wanted to beef up the middle and get some height at the Centre position which Turiaf lacked. Hibbert was also a better option for Rebounding which had been a problem all season. Both had 1 year left on their current contracts.

I traded Ronny Turiaf plus 1st Round Pick (20) and the King's 2nd Round Pick (5) to the Bucks for their Number 8 selection in the draft.

I picked up a 6'9" 245lb Centre called Lynn Terrell, he is a 70 OVR and is a Defensive minded, I think he can play a bit of PF too, so I think he can spell both Amare and Hibbert should they get into Foul Trouble.

I filled out the roster with Troy Murphy, Josh Howard, Jason Williams and Peja Stojakovic all on 1 year contracts.

I have started the new season with a 2-1 start, beating the 76ers, losing to the Thunder and beating the Cavs.

I'm a little worried about coming into the new off-season.

Gallinari, Hibbert and Fields all expire and all of them will want hefty contracts, particularly Hibbert (6yrs $104m) I don't know what to do? Ideas?

Amazingly in my first season (I do 82 games) I played the Magic, Bucks and Knicks in my Eastern Conference finals. Of those 3 teams the Bucks took me to 7 games. The Magic I took care of in 5 games and the Knicks in 6.

Also the Pacers were a brutal matchup for me during the regular season. I went 1-3 against them as well as against the Bucks in the regular season.

It is truly a game of match-ups. 2K nailed it!!!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 02-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #3130
The Captain revived!

Shield's Arena

OVR: 13

[31-20 (#5 seed) TOR year 1/All-Star/82gm/10min]

On a 5 game W streak, the latest victim being Indiana. Trounced 101-84 Bayless dropping dimes like Scott Skiles lol with 20 and Bargs had his best all around game 38pts 16reb but he still couldn't prevent Hibbert from getting 36pts. Next game at MIL, hopefully i don't have to sweat this one out as much as the previous meeting. The trade deadline is t-minus 2 weeks and counting so i look to see half the teams very active [i'm not one of them].

Injuries: Derozan 1-2 weeks lower back strain

PG Bayless | W.Bynum
SG Barbosa | Weems
SF Derozan | Donte Greene | Peja | Kleiza | J.Wright
PF Odom | Amir Johnson
C Bargnani | A.Randolph
Old 02-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #3131
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHRVD55
Alright, I just finished the month of February in my Jazz association. It was my worst month so far, as I went 7-5. I beat the Rockets (129-113), Nuggets (123-110), Kings (107-103), Suns (x2, 122-106 and 130-105), Mavericks (100-92) and the Pistons (107-105). I lost to the Thunder (139-138), Bulls (132-123), Warriors (134-119), Pacers (99-88), and Celtics (116-109). D-Will had 58 points in that Celtics game but nobody else could get anything going.

I made one move at the trade deadline...

Jazz get:
C Jeff Foster
PF Josh McRoberts
2011 2nd round pick

Pacers get:
SG Glen Roberts
C Nikola Pekovic
PG Sundiata Gaines

Why for the Jazz: I needed a better back up C and Jeff Foster fit the bill perfectly. I wasn't happy with Pekovic and I had Roberts, a D-league guy with good potential, signed, so I offered them up in the trade finder and this is what the Pacers offered.

Why for the Pacers: After starting off the year good, they have fallen off fast. Foster was unhappy, as was McRoberts. They clear some bigs off their crowded roster and get a young SG and a young PG to try to get back on track with.

It was the only move made at the trade deadline in the league.

I had D-Will and Al Jefferson make the All-Star game. The East won it 101-86.

Deron continues to lead the MVP race. He's currently first in PPG (28.1) and APG (13.4). Millsap is second in MIP and third in the MVP race. He's averaging 20.4 PPG and 7.5 RPG.

With only 21 games left in the season, I'm sitting atop the Western conference at 46-15. Dallas is second at 39-20, the Thunder third at 36-22, and the Lakers fourth at 36-25. Over in the East, the Heat are number one at 42-18, the Magic second at 40-21, the Celtics third at 36-22, and the Pacers and Bulls are tied for fourth at 32-26.

I got a lot of tough games in March/April. Hopefully I can play better than I did in February and continue to lead the league until the Playoffs. Until than, thanks for reading.
It's been a while since I posted here so my last Utah Jazz assciation update is quoted above...

Just finished the month of March. I went 11-3 to increase my league-leading record to 57-18. I had wins over the Nuggets (97-84), Kings (110-102), Raptors (99-88), T-Wolves (x2 108-91 and 108-93), 76ers (102-93), Grizzlies (106-75), Thunder (89-86) Hornets (133-130, double OT), Mavs (110-88), and Wizards (103-91). And I lost to the Knicks (123-86), Bulls (97-87), and Rockets (107-99).

Overall, a pretty good month for me. Inceased my lead over the Thunder in the West to 7.5 games. Clinched the playoffs early. The Thunder and Mavericks are the only other rest teams to clinch so far. In the East, the Magic, Heat, Celtics, and Pacers have all clinched.

Deron Williams is still number one in the MVP race. He's averaging 27.6 PPG and 13.3 APG.

Coming up in April, I play the Lakers twice, and have tough games against the Blazers, Spurs, Hornets, and end at the Nuggets. Should be a good end to the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #3132
Rookie

OVR: 1

just started an association

Fantasy Draft 10 Minute Quarters

so far im 0-4(Losing 115-83 127-77 109-83 110-86)

its obvious my defense is garbage but for whatever reason i cant score unless I drive and hope someone fouls me i want to trade for a good offensive center but i know I dont have the pieces unless I want to say goodbye to Curry

my lineup

PG Stephen Curry
SG Jason Richardson
SF Thad Young
PF Josh Smith(got hurt game 1 out for 3 weeks) traded for Brandon Bass for Dunleavy and Niocioni
C Chandler

Key Bench Guys

SG Morrow
SG Weems
PG TJ Ford
C Jordan
Old 02-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #3133
Rookie

SOBAY310's Arena

OVR: 4

I've been scanning the pages of this thread...good stuff. A couple of questions:
  1. For those of you playing 12 min quarters, around how many games are you simming per season?
  2. Do most of you play with player morale on or off? Everyone on my damn team is pissed off it seems like and demanding trades.
Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Old 02-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #3134
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amare
I wanted to keep the game as realistic as possible so haven't blown up the roster or made any big FA signings.

That's what I did with the Knicks. No need to trade core, I just developed the players I have. Chandler's a legit #2 behind Amar'e, Gallinari's defense and rebounding are improving, and Moz' inside game is much better. It's not Eddy Curry's, but it's getting there.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #3135
Rookie

I decided to try my hand at the toughest job in all of sports: rebuilding the cavs.

cavs are pretty devoid of talent, with a few big toxic contracts.

i am aiming to have them play .500 ball in 2-3 years.

the players I am building around are j.j hickson and gibson.

current lineup:

pg: mo williams
sg: gibson
sf:graham
pf: hickson (currently averaging 15 pts a game, 47% from the field)
c: varejao

current record: 20-54, first year

p.s. - how do I get my team chemistry up? it is currently at 0%, is this because my team sucks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #3136
Rookie

Jermaine O'Neal and Glen Davis just got traded to Phoenix for Steve Nash.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »