Home

Pick and Roll broken?

This is a discussion on Pick and Roll broken? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Pick and Roll broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timid
You gotta read the tutorials...You hold the button down to make him pick and pop and u let it go for him to role, something like that...gotta check in the game...
Yes.

Press and releasee = P n Roll
Press, release, press again = P n Slip
Press and hold = P n Pop
Old 10-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
Yes.

Press and releasee = P n Roll
Press, release, press again = P n Slip
Press and hold = P n Pop
i already know the controls....i'm doing everything right, my big man simply refuses to cut to the hoop after setting the pick. it's ridiculous.

If it is being caused by the ratings of the big man or the ratings of the opposing team, then that is just ridiculously scripted. Just because I'm playing against a good defensive team, that should not cause my players to become stupid and not cut to the hoop. same goes if it's being caused by low-rated big men...even if my big man is not highly-rated, he should still be able to recognize a wide open lane and know to cut to the hoop after setting a pick. lame.

i would be willing to accept this if the CPU defenders were coming over and cutting off the lane to the hoop...but they're not...my big man is simply standing there like an idiot zombie rather than cutting toward a wide open lane to the hoop. this scripted inconsistency is exactly the type of thing that ruins good games.

Last edited by blues rocker; 10-11-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4

Call Pick and Roll Plays, most are much better than just calling for a pick. More movement by the other guys, screener cutting to his spot with more purpose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #12
Pro

Brew's Arena

OVR: 9

Pick and Roll works as good as the players you are using the play with.
You have to be more patient with the pick and roll this year... you cant just go around the pick at full speed and expect it to work.
CPU defense is also much smarter defending the Pick and roll this year.

I am a PG for OKC in my player and often Durant or Green are setting the picks.
Durant almost always cuts to the basket or rolls to an open spot and waits for the pass to shoot the jumper. Works great!
Green tends to roll out to the 3pt line for a pick and pop which is equally effective.
When Aldrich, Ibaka, and especially DJ White or Nick Collison are in the game the pick and roll becomes much less effective as often they dont roll when you think they will or they just wont roll at all. Plus their hands arent as good for handling the quick passes.
Its works very realistically IMO
Old 10-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #13
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew
Pick and Roll works as good as the players you are using the play with.
You have to be more patient with the pick and roll this year... you cant just go around the pick at full speed and expect it to work.
CPU defense is also much smarter defending the Pick and roll this year.

I am a PG for OKC in my player and often Durant or Green are setting the picks.
Durant almost always cuts to the basket or rolls to an open spot and waits for the pass to shoot the jumper. Works great!
Green tends to roll out to the 3pt line for a pick and pop which is equally effective.
When Aldrich, Ibaka, and especially DJ White or Nick Collison are in the game the pick and roll becomes much less effective as often they dont roll when you think they will or they just wont roll at all. Plus their hands arent as good for handling the quick passes.
Its works very realistically IMO
this is completely ridiculous IMO. the whole point of giving us "pick and roll/pop" control is so that we can control how our players move after setting the pick (keep holding R1 for pop, release early for a roll)...what is the point of having this control scheme if the CPU players simply ignore it most of the time? that is the definition of broken to me. just because a player is rated lower, he should still be able to execute a simple pick and roll. it's like 2k decided to make any big man rated lower than 85 act like a complete moron...even bad players in the NBA can cut to the hoop after setting a pick...it's the simplest concept ever...you should not have to be an all star to recognize a wide open lane to the hoop.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 18

The pick and roll is pretty much broken, against the CPU atleast. The pick and pop works to perfection, but the players hardly ever cut to the basket on PnRs. I set up a perfect pick and roll with Hakim Warrick, he has a wide open lane, and I have to hope that he rolls which he will only do about 25% of the time. Whose idiotic idea was this? If its tied to overall rating then that's just stupid. I can roll to the basket in a game IRL, doesn't mean I'm gonna catch it and finish. But I can roll when ever I want to if the lane is there. Even if the lane is there in 2k, your at the mercy of the AI.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 10-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 4

I've had no problem with the pick and roll using the LB. Just like another poster said, all you do is hold LB then press it again and after the pick the screener will cut to the basket. Seems pretty simple to me.

Twitter: DeyTukErJeobs

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2010, 03:00 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 18

I just tried it with NY and it worked perfect with amare...but its failing with Warrick. I really want to believe I'm doing something wrong...
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »