Home

Pick and Roll broken?

This is a discussion on Pick and Roll broken? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #33
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Pick and Roll broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
does pick and roll seem as broken to everyone else as it does to me? i'm currently playing on sim/allstar...i do what I'm supposed to (hold down L1) to call for a pick...big man comes over and sets the pick...but instead of making a cut after setting the pick, he will just stand there and do nothing - now what is the point of even setting a pick if he won't cut afterwards? and it's not because he doesn't have a lane to the hoop....usually there is a wide open path to the hoop, but he won't cut to the hoop. what is up with this? doesn't work at all.

is 2k just trying to make the pick and roll ineffective on purpose so people won't abuse it? I don't get it. if they want to tone down pick and rolls, they should do it by making the defense counter it better, rather than making the players not execute it at all.
Are you calling for a pick and roll or pick and pop? You do control that you know, right?
Old 10-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusaderhoops10
I had a ton of problems too getting my guys to roll at first. Lately, I've been using turbo and coming off the pick hard and they tend to roll to the hoop just about every time they do that. But if I just use the pick and slowly move over, they just stand there after the pick.

It's not perfect and I think it does depend on how good the players are involved in the pick n roll but I have had better results coming off the pick hard and getting the help defender to commit more. I dominated with the Knicks and Amare using this strategy and it was very rewarding and fun.
same thing here

it seems too work when u hard drive around the pick
Old 10-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

can you call for a slip screen when playing off ball offense? i noticed the manual says you can only do pick pop or pick roll when off ball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 18

Its got to be user error. I run PnR with Noah, Boozer, and Gibson religiously when there is a shot blocker down low.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
Its got to be user error. I run PnR with Noah, Boozer, and Gibson religiously when there is a shot blocker down low.
yeah some of you folks arent reading the manual properly or aomething. its easy to chose which one you want. jeez
Old 10-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsantos_5
I'm a newbie to the series but I was trying to figure this out last night myself. Here is what I came up with. (PS3 Version)

Pick/Roll-Tap the L1 button. After the pick is set the player should roll to the basket.

Pick/Pop-Hold L1 till the player sets the pick. Then when you come off the screen he should be there.

Pick/Slip-Haven't gotten this one to work yet but manual states, hold L1 to call for the pick, then it L1 again.

I think it is a verbage problem with the instructions. It says press and hold L1 to pick and roll, when really it should say tap L1. You hold L1 till the player sets the pick for a pick and pop.
This is it..they really weren't clear in the manual and had me seriously buggin out..lol Thanks.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 10-13-2010, 03:13 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
Press/relase, and press again immediately after releasing (before screener arrives)
ahh got it, thanks!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #40
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

It's NOT broken. I tired different teams with different players. I think the way the controls are explained can be a little confusing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »