Home

Why dont they ever update the players?

This is a discussion on Why dont they ever update the players? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-06-2011, 02:46 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Why dont they ever update the players?

I did say that other players need there ranking changed. Read my post! And what does there record have to do with his rank? BATMON is a pacers fan and I know Danny Granger should have a high rank cuz he is a beast but the pacers are a terrible team. So who cares about there record. I think they should do it like madden and have players rank go up when they are doing well and down when they aren't playing well. Makes sense to me. So Amare should be at least a 92 maybe 90.

Last edited by rawmc30; 01-06-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:13 AM   #10
Rookie

Yea I have no clue what dakkon is talking about. Amares definetly top 5 and saying he doesnt play defense...hes sixth in the league in blocks. I can definetly sympathize I play with the magic and jj.redick still has an 80 3 pt rating when hes 5th in the league in 3 pt%. My friend uses the bulls and kyle korver has an outrageous 95 3 pt rating when hes currently 46th in the league in that category. My friend literally just scoots up to right behind the 3 pt line and jacks in my face makes it 2/3 times. 2k step your game up!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:21 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_chris
Yea I have no clue what dakkon is talking about. Amares definetly top 5 and saying he doesnt play defense...hes sixth in the league in blocks. I can definetly sympathize I play with the magic and jj.redick still has an 80 3 pt rating when hes 5th in the league in 3 pt%. My friend uses the bulls and kyle korver has an outrageous 95 3 pt rating when hes currently 46th in the league in that category. My friend literally just scoots up to right behind the 3 pt line and jacks in my face makes it 2/3 times. 2k step your game up!
That is actually what I am talking about. JJ redick should be a in the 90's with threes. it should be updated weekly. If I am correct, NBA live 09 or 10 (both sucked) updated players daily. I think they called it "players DNA" or something like that. 2k11 is a awesome game and I play it for hours but it still needs to step up somethings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2011, 03:26 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

They are lazy and not watching nba for sure period. I don't think Amare needs to be rated more than 86 becuase he will go over 90 in assocation pretty fast so I am ok with it, but yeah, LOTS LOTS LOTS of players need a big update, i mean upgrade~ amir johnson, demar derozen, keliza, joel anothony, josh mcroberts, kris humphries, many many many more, they don't even do anything, they just trade the players, sign new free agents, make a few new caps, change the jersey numberss, thats it~
Old 01-06-2011, 03:40 AM   #13
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawmc30
Tony parker? come on. You must not keep up with the NBA, look at the numbers he has been putting up. Did i mention SECOND IN SCORING! You are right about his D but other than that he is a all-star and is in the running for MVP. Will he get it, more than likely not but he should be brought up.
You're right, I don't keep up with the NBA even though Tony Parker is the best player on the best team in the NBA right now.

Second in scoring on the team that has probably the fastest pace in the NBA. Might as well give Monta Ellis the MVP for being 3rd in scoring.

It's ridiculous to think that somebody who only plays offense should be rated a 90+ since the rating is their OVERALL rating and not their Offense rating. Dirk is only an 84 because his D leaves alot to be desired for as well.

You're putting too much stock into the OVR rating and not the ratings that make up the OVR.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:44 AM   #14
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_chris
Yea I have no clue what dakkon is talking about. Amares definetly top 5 and saying he doesnt play defense...hes sixth in the league in blocks.
I shouldn't even have to mention this but apparently I do. Defense is more than blocks and steals. John Wall averages 2 steals a game but that doesn't mean he's a good defensive player, just means he gambles for steals alot.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:51 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
You're right, I don't keep up with the NBA even though Tony Parker is the best player on the best team in the NBA right now.

Second in scoring on the team that has probably the fastest pace in the NBA. Might as well give Monta Ellis the MVP for being 3rd in scoring.

It's ridiculous to think that somebody who only plays offense should be rated a 90+ since the rating is their OVERALL rating and not their Offense rating. Dirk is only an 84 because his D leaves alot to be desired for as well.

You're putting too much stock into the OVR rating and not the ratings that make up the OVR.
What? So last year we had the same offense and didnt have anybody that was top 5 in scoring. Did you not read Super_chris post? Amare is 6th in block shots (which I was not aware of). All I am saying is 2k needs to up certain players rank when they are hot and are doing well. I just cant understand why you dont think he is one of the top 5 players in league right now. Thats crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2011, 03:59 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
I shouldn't even have to mention this but apparently I do. Defense is more than blocks and steals. John Wall averages 2 steals a game but that doesn't mean he's a good defensive player, just means he gambles for steals alot.
But his steal rating should be a little over than average. I am not sure you play madden (which sucked this year) but lets look at the kansas city chiefs. matt cassel rank was I think a 78 but as the year went on it moved up to a 85 or higher, jamal charles was a 88 moved up to 95 I think, dwayne bowe started at 80 moved all the way up to 92, and the team as a whole started at a 72 and moved all the way to a 86. I will break down the knicks for you next.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »