Home

What should Blake Griffin be rated?

This is a discussion on What should Blake Griffin be rated? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #33
Pro

Brew's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What should Blake Griffin be rated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
If you make him a 85 overall. I could only imagine what crazy each rating is.
what crazy, eh?
Yea, cuz you just assume that I have no idea what Im talking about.
Get off your high horse buddy.
The sim stats came out very accurately. Also, I know for a fact that I didnt bump up anything more than 5 points except his layup rating. His layup is something like 65 right now. Dwight Howard's in the mid 70s so I put BG's at somewhere around there(its not over 80 I know that).
Old 01-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #34
Pro

Brew's Arena

Quote:
85.... You guys are crazy with some of the moves... 88 rebounding... doesn't he lead the league in offensive rebounds.
Crazy... just like Griffin averaging 22.8PPG and 12.8RPG and 27.5PPG 13.9RPG & 3.8APG in his last 10 games as a rookie!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #35
Rookie

petersondagreat's Arena

OVR: 6

Blake has a decent jumper for those who only watch highlights and just sees those nasty dunks he has a nasty bank game too he goes glass quite often
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2011, 12:34 PM   #36
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm not talking about sim stats.... And the end of the day. That is not important to the overall picture. You guys are giving him a high ratings so that his simmed stats come exactly like real life. But on the other end... If you played with him in a user vs user or user vs cpu. You would be able to drop 60 with him. That's what crazy to me.

edit: just saw those high horse comments.... please relax... when I say your 85's were crazy. It wasn't like I called them "stupid". Blake Griffin stats have increased each month.

Last edited by jeebs9; 01-19-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #37
Pro

Brew's Arena

Quote:
I'm not talking about sim stats.... And the end of the day. That is not important to the overall picture. You guys are giving him a high ratings so that his simmed stats come exactly like real life. But on the other end... If you played with him in a user vs user or user vs cpu. You would be able to drop 60 with him. That's what crazy to me.
If you can drop 60 with him than more power to you.. that would mean you can drop 60 with Amare, Howard, or any other player that is rated over him if your so worried about his OVR being too high. Besides I thought OVR doesnt mean that much? Also, if you allow anybody to get 60 with one player than your doing something wrong on defense.
Its not like Im boosting him to the point where he dribbles like a guard, becomes a lights out shooter, or a great passer.
His play IRL has shown that he is one of the best rebounders, one of the most athletic bigmen, the most agile bigman and is already one of the best passing bigmen in the league.
In the last month in a half he has been the most dominant big man in the league. Name a player in the league right now that is avg. 28ppg 14rpg and 4apg in the last 10 games or has even done that in any 10 game stretch the last couple of years in this league?
John Hollinger even has an article today on ESPN.com Insider talking about Griffin's rookie season is the 3rd best in the last 40 years according to PER(Player Efficiency Rating). Only behind David Robinson and Michael Jordan.
I can post that article if youd like because I know many dont have ESPN Insider so a link would be useless.
A rating boost only reflects his great play as of late IRL.
Its a bonus that the assoc. sim stats come out accurately.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #38
Pro

Brew's Arena

Quote:
edit: just saw those high horse comments.... please relax... when I say your 85's were crazy. It wasn't like I called them "stupid". Blake Griffin stats have increased each month.
I watch alot of NBA(League Pass baby!), play alot of 2k, am a stat head, and take pride in realistic ratings in NBA 2k.
Calling that rating crazy is no better than calling them stupid IMO.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga11ah
80? scoring 47 points on 24 shots (19/24) with only 1 of those being a dunk..... on YOUR team... lmao.

what does he gotta do to get rated an 85 or higher? score 100 on yall?

if Blake Griffin isn't an 84 at LEAST.. then you're just hating cuz it's his 1st season playing in reg season.
ONE game at 47 and he's an 85. Get outta here.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 0

82 is fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »