Home

Signature Gathers

This is a discussion on Signature Gathers within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #17
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Signature Gathers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Don't like the idea of having it as a shot except for certain ones because it messes up the mind games you sometimes need to play to keep from being too predictable and easily having your shot blocked, which is a huge problem with the 2K series having the exact same jump shot animations every single time. I do wish that all of them wouldn't require you to pick up your dribble, like the CP3 one is just a signature dribble move..
How about if you just treat it like a shot button? When you tap the shot button you pump fake. So if you just tap the signature gather button (or hold it until just before the release so that you have time to decide whether you want to pump fake or shoot) he'll do the gather, but not shoot.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
Old 06-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #18
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

Some of those gathers just look stupid and no basketball player on earth would use some of them.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #19
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Like which ones?
Old 06-24-2011, 04:33 AM   #20
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Like which ones?
The one's that stick out to me are bounce spin and spin hop. The rest are fine just jerky, like you said.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:03 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 9

I use one of the spin ones for Blake Griffin and it is awesome. His real signature move is a cross spin, but that one always took me out of bounds, so I use the dribble and spin hop and it gets me into the lane.

I think a good way of implementing signature isomotion moves that don't force you to pick up your dribble would be to have those special animations play out when you perform the actual sequence using isomotion. Performing the sequence in one go would play out a special signature animation rather then the regular isomotion moves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't understand what the complaints are about the "gathers". I don't see them as jerky and I can go into a shot smoothly if I choose to do that. I like how it is now. Or maybe I am not understanding what you consider a gather. is it the Y button move?
Old 06-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
I use one of the spin ones for Blake Griffin and it is awesome. His real signature move is a cross spin, but that one always took me out of bounds, so I use the dribble and spin hop and it gets me into the lane.

I think a good way of implementing signature isomotion moves that don't force you to pick up your dribble would be to have those special animations play out when you perform the actual sequence using isomotion. Performing the sequence in one go would play out a special signature animation rather then the regular isomotion moves.
The Big Hez Spin?

That's my favorite gather in the entire game. They do a hesitation dribble, put it through their legs and then spin forward toward the basket to get in position, it's a perfect gather for people like Amar'e, Blake, Dirk etc. For some reason none of them have it, at least they didn't a few months ago when I was looking at them.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 19

What i do is fade after my gather, works great for me. Especially in mismatches

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »