Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview - Post Game Tweaks, New Physics Engine (Destructoid)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview - Post Game Tweaks, New Physics Engine (Destructoid) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2011, 03:00 AM   #97
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview - Post Game Tweaks, New Physics Engine (Destructoid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe24-
If 2k Fixes the online lag then this game will be a must buy...fixing the lag would make the game much better...id be in awe...and even before u have announced any details about online im already shocked....shocked!
I discovered something recently about online lag, there really isnt one..Check it, it is about the response time your tv has from input to action on tv and I have been playing my online games on my computer monitor and the refresh rate on it is so High its like playing offline, but I do have a 47 inch tv that has the online lag.. This game/ all games are made to be played on really high end monitors/tvs. Just my 2 cents.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 07-23-2011, 03:01 AM   #98
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview - Post Game Tweaks, New Physics Engine (Destructoid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
this is so cool to hear so am hoping that the commentators dont ruin surprises on defense with stuff like "they switch their defense to 3-2" or "their full court pressing"that was annoying when play against another human.
It happens in all sports games..

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 07-23-2011, 05:00 AM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 0
If 2k can port this game from the 360 to the PS3 successfully then I'll buy it. Honestly, not trying to be a troll just calling it as I see it. The graphical changes so far are minimum. The final product will probably look awsome, no I take that back astounding compared to these photos. However, the port thing is a big issue to me. Owning a PS3 I know what the system is capable of producing, very high end graphics. They need to buff out the glitches and AA for the PS3 version upon release. Why is it that since we PS3 owners own this specific system, we don't get the same expierence when it is the same game? That just flatters me because we all know the PS3 is fully capable of looking exactly like the 360 version. Also, I saw some E3 footage of this where Kobe Bryant was playing with the motion control on the PS3, it looked really 11ish. Do you guys think maybe because it was a very early development show case of it or maybe because the move controls don't bring out the full animation? I wan't to hear you guy's feedback to this? What do you think of it so far? Do you think that there should be no excuses for the PS3 ported version?
Old 07-23-2011, 06:30 AM   #100
MVP

OVR: 10

I got both systems, so I don't care. The 360 is the version I'm getting (with the Jordan cover), so I'm good.

- Michael Jordan
Old 07-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #101
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
this is so cool to hear so am hoping that the commentators dont ruin surprises on defense with stuff like "they switch their defense to 3-2" or "their full court pressing"that was annoying when play against another human.
Haha, isn't that just the worst? I'll be playing man-to-man against my brother for the entire game, then I decide during a crucial moment I want to trap at half court with Lindsey Hunter and Mike James. "He'll never see it comiing, he's walking to the corner every possession!", I'll say. But no, before he even inbounds the ball, here comes Clark Kellogg to save the day, "It looks like they're going to try the half court trap!" Thanks Clark.

To circumvent the situation, I've experimented in distracting my opponent by talking loudly over the announcer when I'm about to spring a surprise defensive adjustment. Works better than I thought it would have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
I got both systems, so I don't care. The 360 is the version I'm getting (with the Jordan cover), so I'm good.
Lucky you buddy
Old 07-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #103
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEATBLUES357
Lucky you buddy
oh oh I got ps3 and 360 too...Ok Im a smart aleck..I know..

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 07-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #104
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Haha, isn't that just the worst? I'll be playing man-to-man against my brother for the entire game, then I decide during a crucial moment I want to trap at half court with Lindsey Hunter and Mike James. "He'll never see it comiing, he's walking to the corner every possession!", I'll say. But no, before he even inbounds the ball, here comes Clark Kellogg to save the day, "It looks like they're going to try the half court trap!" Thanks Clark.

To circumvent the situation, I've experimented in distracting my opponent by talking loudly over the announcer when I'm about to spring a surprise defensive adjustment. Works better than I thought it would have.
lmao i never thought about that...but yea am glad u know what am talking about u havent even set up ur defense good and bam the announcers already is calling it out the moment u switch and ruins any chance of surprise.if they want to call it they should wait for like 2 possessions then say something like "this full court defense is really given the lakers problems they havent score a few times down the court with this stifling defense"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »