Home

Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #1713
Banned

TheCaptain's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

Played a NBA Today game as Minnesota and man, playing with Kevin Love made me want to make a center with great post skills. So I deleted my PG and made a 7'0 260 pound BtB Center and just took over the Rookie Showcase late in the fourth to secure a win for the Elites and got an A+ teammate grade.

23 Points(8-10, 7-8 FT)
11 Boards(8 DEF, 3 OFF)

Interview one was Charlotte with the ninth pick and gave them decent answers, followed by the number seventh pick at Sacramento but they have Cousins without the real life issues, so not sure if I want to play there. Finally the Warriors at #11, would be great if I don't get hit with the trade bug with Me, Lee, Ellis and Curry being a dominate group. Projected at ninth to Charlotte.

Drafted at 11 to the Warriors and Stern actually said my players name instead of "The 21 year old, blah blah blah"

EDIT: Great opening against the Lakers, first play I set a screen for Ellis, roll and am wide open under the bucket for a dunk and then an offensive rebound on our next offensive possession adding two more points.

Last edited by TheCaptain; 01-06-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #1714
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnsJR244
Ok how the heck do I get above a c? I have been able to before but I mean now that my guy is rated better I only go down in teammate grade web though I try to do the same things as when I was continually getting a b. I'm so frustrated. I can't get assists cuz my teammates are stupid, boards are tough cuz I'm a sg. I don't get it!!

its easy play within your limitiations, i'd turn on playcalling because there is only so much you can do at the moment. box out try to get rebounds get your jumper around 75 or 80 always contest shots when possible and play smart dont do things you arent good at

Last edited by I Djm; 01-06-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #1715
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

A question about making a new My Player

I currently have one, but I'm thinking of restarting over now that I'm much more familiar with the game mechanics of 2K12.

If I do start up a new My Player, is there any way to use the My Player I've already created?

Because I put a ton of time in creating his looks, size, and especially his face. I don't want to go through all that again. I'm also not sure I'll get the new one to look like my current one and I really like the look of my current My Player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #1716
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman

I currently have one, but I'm thinking of restarting over now that I'm much more familiar with the game mechanics of 2K12.

If I do start up a new My Player, is there any way to use the My Player I've already created?

Because I put a ton of time in creating his looks, size, and especially his face. I don't want to go through all that again. I'm also not sure I'll get the new one to look like my current one and I really like the look of my current My Player.
gotta recreate
Old 01-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #1717
Rookie

JJohnsJR244's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
its easy play within your limitiations, i'd turn on playcalling because there is only so much you can do at the moment. box out try to get rebounds get your jumper around 75 or 80 always contest shots when possible and play smart dont do things you arent good at
Yeah I hear you, these are all things I have done (play calling off and jumper is almost a 90). And things I'm trying todo like play good all around team basketball. I guess my guy is just struggling idk lol it's just weird cuz a B was easy to obtain when my guy was rated below a 70. I have him at a 74 right now and its harder. I signed on with a new team in the offseason as my rookie contract ended so maybe a change of scenery will help. In my first game with the new squad now.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #1718
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I play with the Playcalling on.
For my PF, I still get around 16-25 shot attempts.
For my PG, I get around 10-17 attempts.

Sure, I dont score as much and dont get the ball where I want it at times. But, I dont want to HAVE to shoot over 22 unless I have to
PG is different because the only thing I would probably do is PNR with Griffin or pass it to a wing
Old 01-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #1719
Banned

TheCaptain's Arena

OVR: 11

Kind of new to the game, so was wondering about two things.

1. How do you box out?
2. How do you fight against being boxed out?
Old 01-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #1720
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
gotta recreate
There's no other way around this?

Damn man.

How about at least a way to copy the one you've created before? Sorta like using a template.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »